Had very high expectations towards this card, but what I got is a total disaster.
My card is AOURUS 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition
with latest bios F4_beta
1. The only possible "overclock" option is increasing power limit to 150%. If you try to increase clocks or voltages on top of it, you will definitely get driver crash soon or later. Switching to OC mode in Aourus Engine utility will turn into almost instant crash in games. Although Gamer Mode works fine.
2. The card is easily hitting 79-80 C in most games (like Witcher 3 or Mass Effect Andromeda) with clocks going down to 1987 MHz. My chassis is Cooler Master HAF-X with 6 fans at ~50% speed and ambient temps are 22-23.5 C.
3. The card is occasionally hitting the power limit (150%) in some harsh game situations and downclocking even further, to like 1800 MHz. It occurs rarely at 2.5k resolution, but if the resolution is increased a bit via ingame scaling or DSR, the power limit suffers as well.
4. Loud coil whine starts above 200 fps, but you can already distinguish it above 90-100 fps.
5. So far the only advantage of this card is rather quiet fans even at 60-70% speed and 79-80 C. However, at high fps (like ingame menus, looking at map or inside inventory) fans will be overshadowed by the loud coil whine.
6. As shown in video provided above, this card has a low quality thermal grease and just by replacing it to liquid metal we can win like ~5 C (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0DWCx72DWw
). Why Gigabyte is using such low level components in their top product?
I'm very disappointed by temps, clocks and the coil whine with this card.