Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Thread - Page 8

post #71 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackaveli View Post

How did I miss this thread! Sup, fellaz!

I'm in. looks like I have some work to do in here. You guys are all over the place!!!

Welcome! In all seriousness though, I was gonna say something in the 1080 thread that you are missing out in the aorus thread lol.
post #72 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnac7 View Post

What are your core clocks prior to it downclocking in games?
At the first minute after benchmark or game is launched core is at 2038 Mhz. Then it's being reduced steadily to 1987 Mhz over time with temperature rising. The balance point appears around 78-80 C and 1987 Mhz - temperature is not increasing anymore and clock stays there.
post #73 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnac7 View Post

Welcome! In all seriousness though, I was gonna say something in the 1080 thread that you are missing out in the aorus thread lol.
im also active in the Titan thread and the 5775c thread and now i get tons of questions, lol. It's all good, though. Maybe I can help a few of ya'll with these, b/c they seem tricky but really they are pretty straight forward, just different than we are used to.
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReFFrs View Post

At the first minute after benchmark or game is launched core is at 2038 Mhz. Then it's being reduced steadily to 1987 Mhz over time with temperature rising. The balance point appears around 78-80 C and 1987 Mhz - temperature is not increasing anymore and clock stays there.

OMG I'm having the same issue, thinking if I should return the card. It was so hard to finally buy one!

Anybody using a custom fan curve that you can share a screenshot of? Maybe if i keep temps at 70 or under it will fix the issue.
post #75 of 1115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentreza View Post

OMG I'm having the same issue, thinking if I should return the card. It was so hard to finally buy one!

Anybody using a custom fan curve that you can share a screenshot of? Maybe if i keep temps at 70 or under it will fix the issue.

Just run 100% fan. My temps never exceed 50C with a 2088/5859 OC @ 1.042v. The fan is barely louder than my D5 pump.
post #76 of 1115
Anybody can suggest a good AIO watercooling kit (or at least several different parts) which 100% fits to Aorus 1080 Ti Xtreme?

Seems like it's the only option of solving temperature (and downclocking) problems.

But still we need a new bios with power limit above 150% for resolutions (and upscales) exceeding 2560x1440
post #77 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageTheEarth View Post

Just run 100% fan. My temps never exceed 50C with a 2088/5859 OC @ 1.042v. The fan is barely louder than my D5 pump.
this. Atleast for testing run it 100. It's barely audible but the difference between 85% fan and 100% fan in cooling performance is profound. Also, Thermal Grizz that dude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReFFrs View Post

Anybody can suggest a good AIO watercooling kit (or at least several different parts) which 100% fits to Aorus 1080 Ti Xtreme?

Seems like it's the only option of solving temperature (and downclocking) problems.

But still we need a new bios with power limit above 150% for resolutions (and upscales) exceeding 2560x1440
not true, man. I bench at 47c on stock cooler. I game at under 60c all day long. Thermal grizzly Kyronaut, aggro fan curve, and maybe you need to address some case cooling probs. I recommend Noctua F-12 fans, they are insane.
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackaveli View Post

Atleast for testing run it 100. It's barely audible but the difference between 85% fan and 100% fan in cooling performance is profound.

At 100% fan my card finishes Heaven benchmark with 2025 Mhz and 63 C, but the fan noise is to loud for me.

Now I want the same temps and clocks, but with quiet watercooling solution.

However, the difference in FPS between 2025Mhz/63C and 1987Mhz/78C is only 0.2 fps: 97.3 VS 97.1
Edited by ReFFrs - 4/13/17 at 10:53am
post #79 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackaveli View Post

were you adding volts? DON'T. These dont like that. My non extreme Aorus clocks to 2088, settles in at 2076. This is +90 core, no volts, a couple curve tweaks (notablly running 1.043v at +77). EZ Peasy.
COMPLETELY DISAGREE about voltages. It's just a temp limitation/silicon limitation imo. I hit 2100 stock volts, as long as I'm under 40c. That's impossible with stock cooler, but after kyro re-pasting i CAN keep it under 50c in benches and run it at 2088/2076 downclocks, even in SuPo 4k. And I don't even have The Extreme version.

What do you mean with curve tweaks? can you explain this further plz smile.gif
How do you do that?
post #80 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackaveli View Post

How did I miss this thread! Sup, fellaz!

I'm in. looks like I have some work to do in here. You guys are all over the place!!!
were you adding volts? DON'T. These dont like that. My non extreme Aorus clocks to 2088, settles in at 2076. This is +90 core, no volts, a couple curve tweaks (notablly running 1.043v at +77). EZ Peasy.
COMPLETELY DISAGREE about voltages. It's just a temp limitation/silicon limitation imo. I hit 2100 stock volts, as long as I'm under 40c. That's impossible with stock cooler, but after kyro re-pasting i CAN keep it under 50c in benches and run it at 2088/2076 downclocks, even in SuPo 4k. And I don't even have The Extreme version.

No I didnt just tried to hit the stock settings basically and got nothing. I've already rmad it so hopefully the replacement will be better if not ill have to wrestle with newegg to get a different card.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Thread