Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [EuroGamer] Inside the next Xbox: Project Scorpio tech revealed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[EuroGamer] Inside the next Xbox: Project Scorpio tech revealed - Page 35

post #341 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by DzillaXx View Post

Everyone uses a controller on a PC at some point, that has always been known. Can't really play a racing game on a PC without one.


The Kinda of money needed to build a 4k gaming machine is not cheap.


There is a big reason why people buy consoles.



I build a gaming pc for the single user experience. I wouldn't want to use a mouse and keyboard on a couch setup as it just doesn't feel comfortable.



I think there would be more people thinking why build a gaming pc when a console with more power than 90% of the PC gaming community's avg gaming pc is so cheap....


Most people don't even have gtx970/rx480 level of graphics hardware in their pc. While you can get a PS4 Pro that already has that level of power. The New xbox will be even stronger.....
Not sure why you're trying to turn this into an argument about console usefulness when I haven't even tried to provide a counter-argument to that. I have my PS4 Pro and my Wii U hooked up to the same TV as my PC. If you want to argue about Scorpio being a worthless system because it's coming out way too late and it has absolutely no exclusives, I'll argue that all day. I'm not anti-console though, so you'll have to take that one up with someone else.
Edited by Damn_Smooth - 4/13/17 at 7:11am
post #342 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blameless View Post

A fixed hardware, closed platform, that can be mass produced at relatively low cost has a lot of a appeal, for manufacturers, publishers, and consumers.

Manufacturers get to capitalize on the economies of scale. Publishers and developers get the simplicity of supporting a handful of known static configurations. Consumers get an inexpensive product that generally does what they need it to do, which needs no advanced knowledge to operate or maintain.

Consoles aren't going anywhere...at least until everything moves to phones.

I completely understand from the manufacturers and developers point of view, you make something that sells, that's all the reason you need.

I'm talking technology here, for the performance you get consoles are weak PCs and they make sense only and exclusively if you do not own a PC at all. Who doesn't nowadays?

So I'd argue in terms of price they are actually incredibly expensive considering they can do less than 1% of what a normal PC can do and even when it comes to gaming they have been unimpressive (30 fps hello?)

At the end of the day the primary reason for consoles was to run graphically intensive programs that a PC could not run at the time, because of that all console games were exclusive. It made sense.

Would you agree the very reason why consoles were created does no longer exist? Apart from making money is there any reason why we shouldn't transfer all games to PC, an objectively better and cheaper platform?

Edited for typos.
Edited by Jupitel - 4/13/17 at 7:30am
post #343 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn_Smooth View Post

Not sure why you're trying to turn this into an argument about console usefulness when I haven't even tried to provide a counter-argument to that. I have my PS4 Pro and my Wii U hooked up to the same TV as my PC. If you want to argue about Scorpio being a worthless system because it's coming out way too late and it has absolutely no exclusives, I'll argue that all day. I'm not anti-console though, so you'll have to take that one up with someone else.


Problem is you are wrong.

The Scorpio will make for the best console to own if you mostly only play multi-plat games and want the best graphics and online experience. XB Live is still #1, and there are a handful of xbox games that you just can't find on the playstation. Sunset Overdrive was one of those early xbox games that you still is better than most of the exclusives we got from sony. Sure MS may be lacking new exclusives, and even though xbox games will be showing up on the PC doesn't mean that the xbox is anything less of a gaming console. It just means it is easier to move from console to pc, I liked being able to play gears of war and being able to move from PC to TV without a problem.


Most people don't have a gaming PC. This is why the new Xbox will be perfect for these people.

PS4 Pro is mostly pointless when you can play the same games on the ps4. The Pro's ability to superscale is hit and miss, so not so great for 1080p users. Overall is only worth it for a few games or if you simply want the best. Otherwise the new xbox does it better. Hell the 4k blu-ray player almost will pay for itself compared to a standalone.


I've put more time on my xb1 than my ps4 by a fair amount. PS4 is pretty much exclusives only. XB1 is the system I can have fun online with, XB Live and just better multi-player. Only game console that is probably better for gaming with buddies would be the nintendo switch. As Mariokart is always fun in a group.
Red Dragon
(19 items)
 
HTPC
(20 items)
 
HomeServer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K @4.8ghz Asrock p67 Extreme4 GTX1080 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 9-11-11-31 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x 640 WD blacks Raid 0 Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 512GB SSD Sandisk 1TB SSD Samsung 470 Series 128GB SSD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC Raystorm Windows 10 64bit Microboard m340clz 100hz 3440x1440 Corsair K70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
TX850 HAF922 Logitech G502 Creative Sound Blaster Z  
AudioAudioAudio
Elac B6 & Dayton Audio SUB-800 Yamaha HTR-5790 Audio Technica ATH-A700 headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 @ 4GHZ Gigabyte EP45 UD3P GTX470 4GB OCZ Reaper 1150mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Blue 500gb OCZ Vertex 2 60GB LG Bluray Corsair H50 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Home Premium  Logitech K400 Corsair CX500 nMEDIAPC 6000B 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Yamaha HTR-5063 PS3 80GB BC PS3 with 250GB hard drive. Polk Audio Monitor 60s Bi-AMP Front Polk Audio Monitor 30s Rear 
OtherOther
Polk Audio CS1 Center Polk Audio PSW10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon Harpertown 3.6ghz Asus P5Q SE/R HD7770 4GB DDR2 800mhz Corsair 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Toshiba 5TB Toshiba 5TB Toshiba 2TB Hitachi 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
2TB Seagate 2TB Western Digital 1TB Hitachi Windows Home Server 2011 
Power
Corsair CX500 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Dragon
(19 items)
 
HTPC
(20 items)
 
HomeServer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K @4.8ghz Asrock p67 Extreme4 GTX1080 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 9-11-11-31 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x 640 WD blacks Raid 0 Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 512GB SSD Sandisk 1TB SSD Samsung 470 Series 128GB SSD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC Raystorm Windows 10 64bit Microboard m340clz 100hz 3440x1440 Corsair K70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
TX850 HAF922 Logitech G502 Creative Sound Blaster Z  
AudioAudioAudio
Elac B6 & Dayton Audio SUB-800 Yamaha HTR-5790 Audio Technica ATH-A700 headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 @ 4GHZ Gigabyte EP45 UD3P GTX470 4GB OCZ Reaper 1150mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Blue 500gb OCZ Vertex 2 60GB LG Bluray Corsair H50 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Home Premium  Logitech K400 Corsair CX500 nMEDIAPC 6000B 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Yamaha HTR-5063 PS3 80GB BC PS3 with 250GB hard drive. Polk Audio Monitor 60s Bi-AMP Front Polk Audio Monitor 30s Rear 
OtherOther
Polk Audio CS1 Center Polk Audio PSW10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon Harpertown 3.6ghz Asus P5Q SE/R HD7770 4GB DDR2 800mhz Corsair 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Toshiba 5TB Toshiba 5TB Toshiba 2TB Hitachi 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
2TB Seagate 2TB Western Digital 1TB Hitachi Windows Home Server 2011 
Power
Corsair CX500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #344 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupitel View Post

I completely understand from the manufacturers and developers point of view, you make something that sells, that's all the reason you need.

I'm talking technology here, for the performance you get consoles are weak PCs and they make sense only and exclusively if you do not own a PC at all. Who doesn't nowadays?

So I'd argue in terms of price they are actually incredibly expensive considering they can do less than 1% of what a normal PC can do and even when it comes to gaming they have been unimpressive (30 fps hello?)

At the end of the day the primary reason for consoles was to run graphically intensive programs that a PC could not run at the time, because of that all console games were exclusive. It made sense.

Would you agree the very reason why consoles were created does no longer exist? Apart from making money is there any reason why we shouldn't transfer all games to PC, an objectively better and cheaper platform?

Edited for typos.

Consoles still have plenty of plus's to them. We get more games because consoles exist, because the console makers fund these studios because they make a lot of money. Imo it is a win for everyone. There are more jobs and more games. Other things are ease of use, another big one is form factor. It is easy to just stick my Ps4Pro in a backpack and go over to a friends house.
post #345 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by DzillaXx View Post

Problem is you are wrong.

The Scorpio will make for the best console to own if you mostly only play multi-plat games and want the best graphics and online experience. XB Live is still #1, and there are a handful of xbox games that you just can't find on the playstation. Sunset Overdrive was one of those early xbox games that you still is better than most of the exclusives we got from sony. Sure MS may be lacking new exclusives, and even though xbox games will be showing up on the PC doesn't mean that the xbox is anything less of a gaming console. It just means it is easier to move from console to pc, I liked being able to play gears of war and being able to move from PC to TV without a problem.


Most people don't have a gaming PC. This is why the new Xbox will be perfect for these people.

PS4 Pro is mostly pointless when you can play the same games on the ps4. The Pro's ability to superscale is hit and miss, so not so great for 1080p users. Overall is only worth it for a few games or if you simply want the best. Otherwise the new xbox does it better. Hell the 4k blu-ray player almost will pay for itself compared to a standalone.


I've put more time on my xb1 than my ps4 by a fair amount. PS4 is pretty much exclusives only. XB1 is the system I can have fun online with, XB Live and just better multi-player. Only game console that is probably better for gaming with buddies would be the nintendo switch. As Mariokart is always fun in a group.
laughingsmiley.gif We'll see who's wrong when the pile of crap releases. Until then you're wrong.
post #346 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn_Smooth View Post

Not sure why you're trying to turn this into an argument about console usefulness when I haven't even tried to provide a counter-argument to that. I have my PS4 Pro and my Wii U hooked up to the same TV as my PC. If you want to argue about Scorpio being a worthless system because it's coming out way too late and it has absolutely no exclusives, I'll argue that all day. I'm not anti-console though, so you'll have to take that one up with someone else.

Here it is! HAHA. He just hates Xbox. Sorry, your previous comment about Scorpio being as powerful as the gap from Xbox One to PS4. The PS4 wasn't THAT much more powerful than the Xbox One to begin with. Yes it was more, but not substantial. Also, the PS4 Pro honestly is a joke. It's a minor upgrade from the PS4 to begin with and they didn't even bother to toss in a UHD Player lol. Scorpio will be significantly more powerful than the PS4 and while Scorpio will not get exclusives XBOX will have exclusives and those will most certainly take advantage of the hardware. And to everyone using that argument, chances are the PS4 Pro won't get any exclusives either lol.

It has been forever since I have posted here and every time I look back at these forums I am reminded why I essentially left. Fanboyism here has just gotten out of control lol.
First Build
(20 items)
 
POWA
(6 items)
 
WYUG 2
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
e8400 EVGA 780i Sli FTW EVGA GTX460 EVGA GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
6gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 WD 500TB 7200rpm Seagate 2TB 7200rpm Corsair 60GB SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 2TB Green Samsung lightscribe 22x Sata dvd burner Thermaltake V1 Win7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
46" Samsung LED Smart TV MaxKeyboard Nighthawk X8 ABS Tagan BZ700w modular Thermaltake Spedo 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Naga Audio Technica AD-700's Denon receiver with BA 5.1 speakers 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P8Z68-V MSI GTX 560 Ti 8gb 
PowerMouse
CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 800W Cooler Master CM690 II 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k ASUS MAXIMUS VI EXTREME LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI... EVGA 04G-P4-3774-KR GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-bit... EVGA 04G-P4-3774-KR GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-bit... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DD... Corsair Nova Series 2 CSSD-V30GB2A 2.5" 30GB SA... HGST Ultrastar 7K3000 HUA723020ALA640 (0F12455)... CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Water Cooler  
OSPowerCase
Win 8 CORSAIR HX Series HX1050 1050W ATX12V / EPS12V ... COOLER MASTER HAF series RC-902XB-KKN1 Black St... 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(20 items)
 
POWA
(6 items)
 
WYUG 2
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
e8400 EVGA 780i Sli FTW EVGA GTX460 EVGA GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
6gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 WD 500TB 7200rpm Seagate 2TB 7200rpm Corsair 60GB SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 2TB Green Samsung lightscribe 22x Sata dvd burner Thermaltake V1 Win7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
46" Samsung LED Smart TV MaxKeyboard Nighthawk X8 ABS Tagan BZ700w modular Thermaltake Spedo 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Naga Audio Technica AD-700's Denon receiver with BA 5.1 speakers 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P8Z68-V MSI GTX 560 Ti 8gb 
PowerMouse
CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 800W Cooler Master CM690 II 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k ASUS MAXIMUS VI EXTREME LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI... EVGA 04G-P4-3774-KR GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-bit... EVGA 04G-P4-3774-KR GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-bit... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DD... Corsair Nova Series 2 CSSD-V30GB2A 2.5" 30GB SA... HGST Ultrastar 7K3000 HUA723020ALA640 (0F12455)... CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Water Cooler  
OSPowerCase
Win 8 CORSAIR HX Series HX1050 1050W ATX12V / EPS12V ... COOLER MASTER HAF series RC-902XB-KKN1 Black St... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #347 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magariz View Post

Here it is! HAHA. He just hates Xbox. Sorry, your previous comment about Scorpio being as powerful as the gap from Xbox One to PS4. The PS4 wasn't THAT much more powerful than the Xbox One to begin with. Yes it was more, but not substantial. Also, the PS4 Pro honestly is a joke. It's a minor upgrade from the PS4 to begin with and they didn't even bother to toss in a UHD Player lol. Scorpio will be significantly more powerful than the PS4 and while Scorpio will not get exclusives XBOX will have exclusives and those will most certainly take advantage of the hardware. And to everyone using that argument, chances are the PS4 Pro won't get any exclusives either lol.

It has been forever since I have posted here and every time I look back at these forums I am reminded why I essentially left. Fanboyism here has just gotten out of control lol.
Oh, you got me. I do have to admit that I do dislike (not worth hate) very marginally more powerful consoles that release a year late with not a single exclusive. I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids and your amazing detective skills. What was your first clue?

But wait, you aren't quite as clever as you believe. I don't hate Xbox. Was a huge fan of the original and the 360 was pretty sweet too. You might want to add a One to the end of that there, Batman.
Edited by Damn_Smooth - 4/13/17 at 3:01pm
post #348 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn_Smooth View Post


Oh, you got me. I do have to admit that I do dislike (not worth hate) very marginally more powerful consoles that release a year late with not a single exclusive. I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids and your amazing detective skills. What was your first clue?

But wait, you aren't quite as clever as you believe. I don't hate Xbox. Was a huge fan of the original and the 360 was pretty sweet too. You might want to add a One to the end of that there, Batman.

No exclusives?

http://gematsu.com/exclusives/xbox-one

How many exclusives does the PS4 Pro have? Oh thats right. You are blind if you think the PS4 Pro is anything but marginally better than a PS4. Just about every comment you have is nothing but trying to bash the Scorpio for no reason and defend your purchase of the PS4 Pro.
First Build
(20 items)
 
POWA
(6 items)
 
WYUG 2
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
e8400 EVGA 780i Sli FTW EVGA GTX460 EVGA GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
6gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 WD 500TB 7200rpm Seagate 2TB 7200rpm Corsair 60GB SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 2TB Green Samsung lightscribe 22x Sata dvd burner Thermaltake V1 Win7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
46" Samsung LED Smart TV MaxKeyboard Nighthawk X8 ABS Tagan BZ700w modular Thermaltake Spedo 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Naga Audio Technica AD-700's Denon receiver with BA 5.1 speakers 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P8Z68-V MSI GTX 560 Ti 8gb 
PowerMouse
CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 800W Cooler Master CM690 II 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k ASUS MAXIMUS VI EXTREME LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI... EVGA 04G-P4-3774-KR GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-bit... EVGA 04G-P4-3774-KR GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-bit... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DD... Corsair Nova Series 2 CSSD-V30GB2A 2.5" 30GB SA... HGST Ultrastar 7K3000 HUA723020ALA640 (0F12455)... CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Water Cooler  
OSPowerCase
Win 8 CORSAIR HX Series HX1050 1050W ATX12V / EPS12V ... COOLER MASTER HAF series RC-902XB-KKN1 Black St... 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(20 items)
 
POWA
(6 items)
 
WYUG 2
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
e8400 EVGA 780i Sli FTW EVGA GTX460 EVGA GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
6gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 WD 500TB 7200rpm Seagate 2TB 7200rpm Corsair 60GB SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 2TB Green Samsung lightscribe 22x Sata dvd burner Thermaltake V1 Win7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
46" Samsung LED Smart TV MaxKeyboard Nighthawk X8 ABS Tagan BZ700w modular Thermaltake Spedo 
MouseAudioAudio
Razer Naga Audio Technica AD-700's Denon receiver with BA 5.1 speakers 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P8Z68-V MSI GTX 560 Ti 8gb 
PowerMouse
CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 800W Cooler Master CM690 II 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k ASUS MAXIMUS VI EXTREME LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI... EVGA 04G-P4-3774-KR GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-bit... EVGA 04G-P4-3774-KR GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-bit... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DD... Corsair Nova Series 2 CSSD-V30GB2A 2.5" 30GB SA... HGST Ultrastar 7K3000 HUA723020ALA640 (0F12455)... CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Water Cooler  
OSPowerCase
Win 8 CORSAIR HX Series HX1050 1050W ATX12V / EPS12V ... COOLER MASTER HAF series RC-902XB-KKN1 Black St... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #349 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magariz View Post

No exclusives?

http://gematsu.com/exclusives/xbox-one

How many exclusives does the PS4 Pro have? Oh thats right. You are blind if you think the PS4 Pro is anything but marginally better than a PS4. Just about every comment you have is nothing but trying to bash the Scorpio for no reason and defend your purchase of the PS4 Pro.
You sound mad, squirt. You should settle down. It's only a crappy console. I see you have no idea what exclusive means, so I'll fill you in too. Exclusive means that you can't play better versions of it on PC. Give me that list.
post #350 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn_Smooth View Post

You sound mad, squirt. You should settle down. It's only a crappy console. I see you have no idea what exclusive means, so I'll fill you in too. Exclusive means that you can't play better versions of it on PC. Give me that list.

Better than a crappy PC.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [EuroGamer] Inside the next Xbox: Project Scorpio tech revealed