Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [VC] NVIDIA launches TITAN Xp with 3840 CUDA cores (faster G5X)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[VC] NVIDIA launches TITAN Xp with 3840 CUDA cores (faster G5X) - Page 70

post #691 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny89 View Post

Mate, you are the target that NVIDIA milk, because you target points in my post that was purely to say that there is no value in TITAN XP. You say:

"And for that I'll pay the $500 dollar premium all day for 8-10% gains for the next 8-12 months"

And we have nothing else to discuss. You are rich. Buy what you want. You just pay 500 bucks for 8% better performance. You are the target of Xp. You want the longest, even if that size makes really almost no difference. And I am ok with that. Good for you that you can have it. I will have 8% less gains then you in next 8-12 months. I am ok with that. Your 66 fps in 4K will be better than mine 62 fps in 4K. Good (I don't play 4K, just saying).

But anyone with any level of intelligence (even Xp owner) can admit the fact that Xp is poor value for its performance. It's meant to be of course.

SLI was a mere example of having 2 cards with 8% less performacne for almost same price as one overpriced. This an example of value, not whenever SLI is good or not.

Also- If I were rich enough to buy myself TITAN Xp (like 1200 is nothing for me) I would either way buy two 1080Ti SLI and give one to my wife or son. Much better investment.

I am not arguing about perfomance. Only saying that there is no value in TITAN Xp apart from e-peen factor. That is all.

If you're sticking to only one gpu there is absolute value in a TXp over a 1080Ti. If you can afford it of course. But lets be real here if you can afford to drop $700 for a gpu you can swing $1200 for one. That's why there's a ton of guys unloading Ti's right now.

The word "value" isn't limited to just currency.
Edited by rcfc89 - 4/10/17 at 2:53pm
 
PS4 Pro
(1 item)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k 4.5ghz Asus X79 Sabertooth 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator 16gb 1866 240gb Corsair Force GT SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 LogiTech G110 CoolMaster 1200w Silent Pro Gold Azza Hurricane 2000 
Mouse
LogiTech G500 
Monitor
Samsung UN40MU7000 4K 
  hide details  
Reply
 
PS4 Pro
(1 item)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k 4.5ghz Asus X79 Sabertooth 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator 16gb 1866 240gb Corsair Force GT SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 LogiTech G110 CoolMaster 1200w Silent Pro Gold Azza Hurricane 2000 
Mouse
LogiTech G500 
Monitor
Samsung UN40MU7000 4K 
  hide details  
Reply
post #692 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfc89 View Post

If you're sticking to only one gpu there is absolute value in a TXp over a 1080Ti. If you can afford it of course. But lets be real here if you can afford to drop $700 for a gpu you can swing $1200 for one. That's why there's a ton of guys unloading Ti's right now.

The word "value" isn't limited to just currency.

Again you are telling that from a rich person perspective if you think Xp has value. No, me droping 700$ of Ti is droping one full salary here. I had to save money for last few months ahead planning of getting this 1080Ti. 1200 is pure stupidity for me (2 salaries, really?).

But you are right, I can buy TITAN Xp. But I see no value to it. I have just bought myself new premium case (Phatneks Tempered Glass)- 190 bucks, Prodigy wireless mouse 85 bucks (best wireless mouse on market), sound card 80 bucks and new 480 GB SSD for 150 bucks. That is total 510 bucks.

And you want me to drop all of the usefull things I can buy myself for 8% more performance? Mate, that absolutely makes no sense. That is poor investment in any possible way. Look how much I could buy myself for that 500 bucks and still having top of the line card, that has only 8%, maybe 10% less performance, is deadly quiet, have better temps, looks better, has RGB (important for me) and local support from supplier. I also buy single card. SLI is mess.

You are rich, you don't get it.

For me- there is no value in TITAN Xp. At all. Poor investment at best. From not-rich person perspective.
Edited by Benny89 - 4/10/17 at 3:06pm
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB  G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB  G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
post #693 of 1039
Benny hit it on the head for me through his multiple posts.

Although I don't see GPUs at all as an 'investment' in the normal use of the word, to me it is investing in entertainment. However, the 8-10% gap in performance for the cost of 500USD is horrible, simply put. That right there, as mentioned, makes it a horrible investment.

But if it floats your boat... thumb.gif
Jesktop
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus X99 Pro USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO Lite ON 24x Noctua D14 Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG278HE Logitech MX3100 Wireless Keyboard Corsair AX860 Antec Eleven Hundred 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MX3100 Wireless Mouse steelseries Boston 
  hide details  
Reply
Jesktop
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus X99 Pro USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO Lite ON 24x Noctua D14 Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG278HE Logitech MX3100 Wireless Keyboard Corsair AX860 Antec Eleven Hundred 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MX3100 Wireless Mouse steelseries Boston 
  hide details  
Reply
post #694 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recipe7 View Post

Benny hit it on the head for me through his multiple posts.

Although I don't see GPUs at all as an 'investment' in the normal use of the word, to me it is investing in entertainment. However, the 8-10% gap in performance for the cost of 500USD is horrible, simply put. That right there, as mentioned, makes it a horrible investment.

But if it floats your boat... thumb.gif

You guys for some reason are only looking at the word "value" in the way of money exclusively. Value in definition is "usefulness of something, one's judgment of what is important in life, worth."

What is important to me or what I would call "useful" to me is clearly different then yours. Because you only look at something's value in terms of cost/performance ratio doesn't change anything. It just means your being very limited in your outlook of why someone would buy a $1200 gpu. I like to drink very expensive Scotch. Does the taste make it worth 8-10x the cost of a regular bottle of scotch? Maybe not to you. But that doesn't mean the one who chooses to value its worth and pay that premium is ignorant.

That's really the issue I have with those on here who constantly bash those who buy Titan's as if we are dumb in some way. Your simple mindedness way of looking at things is whats ignorant. Cheers thumb.gif
 
PS4 Pro
(1 item)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k 4.5ghz Asus X79 Sabertooth 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator 16gb 1866 240gb Corsair Force GT SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 LogiTech G110 CoolMaster 1200w Silent Pro Gold Azza Hurricane 2000 
Mouse
LogiTech G500 
Monitor
Samsung UN40MU7000 4K 
  hide details  
Reply
 
PS4 Pro
(1 item)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k 4.5ghz Asus X79 Sabertooth 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator 16gb 1866 240gb Corsair Force GT SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 LogiTech G110 CoolMaster 1200w Silent Pro Gold Azza Hurricane 2000 
Mouse
LogiTech G500 
Monitor
Samsung UN40MU7000 4K 
  hide details  
Reply
post #695 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfc89 View Post

I always laugh when people bring in SLI into the argument. SLI today is a mess. In fact it was better 3-5 years ago. Considering we're moving forward in tech every year that kind of gives you a hint where multi-gpu usage is going. This is coming from someone whose last 4 upgrades were SLI. 7970's / 690/ 780Ti's/ 980Ti's. Although there are some who will be forced to run SLI Xp's due to running insane resolutions most are buying Xp for single gpu usage. And for that I'll pay the $500 dollar premium all day for 8-10% gains for the next 8-12 months.
If its only one card and you can afford it there's no question. Get the Xp and throw it on water.

Sli being worse today than 3 years ago is clearly a business decision by Nvidia.

AMD have not gone that way yet because xfire is their saving grace with no single powerful card.
post #696 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny89 View Post

Again you are telling that from a rich person perspective if you think Xp has value. No, me droping 700$ of Ti is droping one full salary here. I had to save money for last few months ahead planning of getting this 1080Ti. 1200 is pure stupidity for me (2 salaries, really?).

But you are right, I can buy TITAN Xp. But I see no value to it. I have just bought myself new premium case (Phatneks Tempered Glass)- 190 bucks, Prodigy wireless mouse 85 bucks (best wireless mouse on market), sound card 80 bucks and new 480 GB SSD for 150 bucks. That is total 510 bucks.

And you want me to drop all of the usefull things I can buy myself for 8% more performance? Mate, that absolutely makes no sense. That is poor investment in any possible way. Look how much I could buy myself for that 500 bucks and still having top of the line card, that has only 8%, maybe 10% less performance, is deadly quiet, have better temps, looks better, has RGB (important for me) and local support from supplier. I also buy single card. SLI is mess.

You are rich, you don't get it.

For me- there is no value in TITAN Xp. At all. Poor investment at best. From not-rich person perspective.
++

Just a note, THIS titan XP has no real value, the old news Titan XP had some value when it was released as it was the fastest consumer GPU by a good 30% to 40% for a good 6 months. This one is 5% to 10% for 6 months.

Edit: I have a pair of old news Titan XP running in SLI, neither my ego or e-peen were crushed by the 1080ti, and have no desire to get the new Titan XP. Barring Vega crushing it or Navi somehow beating Volta out the gates (highly doubtful in both cases), when the Volta Titan drops I'll throw down and pick up two. I enjoy having the best but not gonna drop large chunks of change on a side grade.
Edited by DNMock - 4/10/17 at 4:07pm
post #697 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfc89 View Post

Your simple mindedness way of looking at things is whats ignorant. Cheers thumb.gif

I could say your rich-man mindedness way of looking at things is what is ignorant. Cheers wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetgamer120 View Post

Sli being worse today than 3 years ago is clearly a business decision by Nvidia.

AMD have not gone that way yet because xfire is their saving grace with no single powerful card.

I think also developers decision. SLI support can really be pain, especially if you are close to deadline and we are speaking about like wat? 5%-8% of gamers that run SLI?

Not enough for devs to throw resources for decent SLI support when you have patches, updates, DLCs, optimalization and many other more important things to work on in first place.
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB  G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB  G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
post #698 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asus11 View Post

what Nvidia did was amazing..

release a Titan XP for folk who don't mind paying to have the extra performance now.. which they got..
& I doubt Nvidia sold many titans infact I doubt they sell many at all..compared to Ti cards

but heres the magic.. how do we get the masses to buy a 700$ gpu ..lets make it faster out the box and downplay the titan in the slides..

everyones loses their mind.. Nvidia laugh to the bank.. smile.giftongue.gif

who really got played? the Titan buyers or the Ti buyers? i'd say the Ti owners got played harder than the Titan owners imho! wink.gif

I think a quick look at history will solve this.

780 Ti - $699
980 Ti - $649
1080 Ti - $699

Titan, Titan Black, Titan Maxwell - $999

Titan X, Titan Xp - $1200.

Titan owner used to pay $300 more. Now they pay $500 more. Easy to see who's being played harder.

But you can't take money with you when you die. If you want it and you can truly afford it, go for it.
Upstairs Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Maximus VI Hero evga 1080 Ti with Hybrid mod Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb WD Caviar Black Corsair h100i GTX Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
xb280hk EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 Corsair Carbide Air 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Upstairs Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Maximus VI Hero evga 1080 Ti with Hybrid mod Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb WD Caviar Black Corsair h100i GTX Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
xb280hk EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 Corsair Carbide Air 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #699 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asus11 View Post

what Nvidia did was amazing..

release a Titan XP for folk who don't mind paying to have the extra performance now.. which they got..
& I doubt Nvidia sold many titans infact I doubt they sell many at all..compared to Ti cards

but heres the magic.. how do we get the masses to buy a 700$ gpu ..lets make it faster out the box and downplay the titan in the slides..

everyones loses their mind.. Nvidia laugh to the bank.. smile.giftongue.gif

who really got played? the Titan buyers or the Ti buyers? i'd say the Ti owners got played harder than the Titan owners imho! wink.gif
Indeed. Agreed except I think we ALL got played pretty hard. Move your butt AMD!
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4Ghz Asrock x370 Fatal1ty Professional Nvidia GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4Ghz Asrock x370 Fatal1ty Professional Nvidia GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
post #700 of 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny89 View Post

I could say your rich-man mindedness way of looking at things is what is ignorant. Cheers wink.gif
I think also developers decision. SLI support can really be pain, especially if you are close to deadline and we are speaking about like wat? 5%-8% of gamers that run SLI?

Not enough for devs to throw resources for decent SLI support when you have patches, updates, DLCs, optimalization and many other more important things to work on in first place.


Well Nvidia limits sli to only high-end. That says a lot.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [VC] NVIDIA launches TITAN Xp with 3840 CUDA cores (faster G5X)