Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA Titan Xp Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA Titan Xp Owners' Club - Page 49

post #481 of 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucardis666 View Post

I see tons of green even at stock with 0 overclock values. redface.gif


That sounds bizarre... Maybe GPU-Z or a driver needs to be updated in the future and we're not seeing true limits on your card.

Lets wait and see someone shunt mod the Titan Xp and look at their Perf Cap and benchmarks.
post #482 of 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucardis666 View Post

I see tons of green even at stock with 0 overclock values. redface.gif

Me too same thing trying to figure out what is going on with all these green carnival 💥💥
post #483 of 1640
I'd wager that GPU-Z needs to be updated. But that's just an assumption. rolleyes.gif
post #484 of 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucardis666 View Post

I'd wager that GPU-Z needs to be updated. But that's just an assumption. rolleyes.gif

If one of you guys have a PSU that can read power per a PCI-E slot, then we can make some assumptions in the graph.

If 225 Watts is being pulled quite often from the 12 volt rail connecting to the cards, then that does mean there is a power limit.
post #485 of 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

If one of you guys have a PSU that can read power per a PCI-E slot, then we can make some assumptions in the graph.

If 225 Watts is being pulled quite often from the 12 volt rail connecting to the cards, then that does mean there is a power limit.

Sadly I do not. redface.gif
post #486 of 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucardis666 View Post

Sadly I do not. redface.gif

I don't understand why there isn't an alternative to the shunt mod discovered yet.

It would be nice if there was a copper tape or something that you can just type the resistors without risking leaks. Has no one ever tried putting copper tape on the resistors? Lol.
post #487 of 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

I don't understand why there isn't an alternative to the shunt mod discovered yet.

It would be nice if there was a copper tape or something that you can just type the resistors without risking leaks. Has no one ever tried putting copper tape on the resistors? Lol.

YOU could be the first thumb.gif
post #488 of 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

I don't understand why there isn't an alternative to the shunt mod discovered yet.

There is an alternative but you'd better be damn good at soldering tiny resistors. eek.gif
EconoGamer#
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K 5 GHz (delidded) ASRock Z97 Extreme4 nVidia Titan Xp Team Xtreem 16GB/2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force GT 120G SSD (OS) Crucial MX200 500G SSD (Games) Corsair H75 Hydro Cooler Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator Z35 Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Corsair HX750 v2 80+ Gold Thermaltake Core X9 (M0dd3D!) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G403 wireless XTrac Ripper XL (cloth) Realtek ALC1150 (on-board) Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
EconoGamer#
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K 5 GHz (delidded) ASRock Z97 Extreme4 nVidia Titan Xp Team Xtreem 16GB/2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force GT 120G SSD (OS) Crucial MX200 500G SSD (Games) Corsair H75 Hydro Cooler Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator Z35 Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Corsair HX750 v2 80+ Gold Thermaltake Core X9 (M0dd3D!) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G403 wireless XTrac Ripper XL (cloth) Realtek ALC1150 (on-board) Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #489 of 1640
Hi! Could one of you owners (and users!) please comment on my Titan XP concern ... about the stock fan being very loud. I am replacing my two Asus Strix 980ti with the XP ... or not .. depending on what you say! The STRIX were great, the loudest component is my CPUI AIO with app. 35db ... even under load while gaming in 4k the noise level stay the same and the Strix never exceed 72 degrees even with a considerable OC. I now read that the XP stock fan is crappy and really loud .. and under load definitely audible exceeding 40db by far. Would you conquer and say the stock fan is too loud? Many thank, your feedback is really appreciated. tongue.gif
post #490 of 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoegaardener View Post

Hi! Could one of you owners (and users!) please comment on my Titan XP concern ... about the stock fan being very loud. I am replacing my two Asus Strix 980ti with the XP ... or not .. depending on what you say! The STRIX were great, the loudest component is my CPUI AIO with app. 35db ... even under load while gaming in 4k the noise level stay the same and the Strix never exceed 72 degrees even with a considerable OC. I now read that the XP stock fan is crappy and really loud .. and under load definitely audible exceeding 40db by far. Would you conquer and say the stock fan is too loud? Many thank, your feedback is really appreciated. tongue.gif

The stock cooler is exceptionally loud. Same as the 1080ti FE cooler. If you will water cool or use the hybrid cooler then you can leave the fan @ 24-42% and not really notice it. thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA Titan Xp Owners' Club