Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA Titan Xp Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA Titan Xp Owners' Club - Page 81

post #801 of 1642
Silver has the lowest resistance, but too low & it might trigger the safe mode? So maybe Nickel?
My friend linked me the Nickel, so that's why I got. But now I'm wondering if I should've gotten the silver. thinking.gif


@Jpmboy What you think?


NVM. You want the Silver. Resistance too high on the others. doh.gif
Edited by rt123 - 4/12/17 at 9:08am
post #802 of 1642
Silver - anything else is HIGHER then resistance on the resistors so no point.

As far as confirmation if it's working the moment it arrives I'll let you know! wink.gif

Hopefully tomorrow with my hybrid and fujipoly pads biggrin.gif
post #803 of 1642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

n

btw -0 the LM stuff we use as TIM is nearly identical to the "liquid metal" used in thermometers ever since Hg was banned for consumer products. smile.gif

When I was a kid, I dissolved some 60/40 solder in a vial of Hg - don't ask me why!
X-Rig
(14 items)
 
Death Bomb
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme 1502 EVGA Titan X EVGA Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill F4-3000C15Q-32GRK Samsung SM951 M.2 Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Pioneer BDR-2209 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EKWB Blocks, Fans, and Pumps, HW Labs Black Ice... Windows 10 Pro Retail BenQ BL3201PH Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 
PowerMouse
EVGA 220-P2-1200-X1 Roccat Kone Pure Optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-7700K De-lidded @ 5GHz Asus Strix Z270i Nvidia Titan Xp G. Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
2X Samsung 690 Pro 512GB M.2 EK Supremacy EVO CPU. Titan Xp Full Cover w/Ba... Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit SeaSonic X750 
Case
Fractal Nano S 
  hide details  
Reply
X-Rig
(14 items)
 
Death Bomb
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme 1502 EVGA Titan X EVGA Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill F4-3000C15Q-32GRK Samsung SM951 M.2 Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Pioneer BDR-2209 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EKWB Blocks, Fans, and Pumps, HW Labs Black Ice... Windows 10 Pro Retail BenQ BL3201PH Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 
PowerMouse
EVGA 220-P2-1200-X1 Roccat Kone Pure Optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-7700K De-lidded @ 5GHz Asus Strix Z270i Nvidia Titan Xp G. Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
2X Samsung 690 Pro 512GB M.2 EK Supremacy EVO CPU. Titan Xp Full Cover w/Ba... Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit SeaSonic X750 
Case
Fractal Nano S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #804 of 1642
Guys one more thing....

I've been told that MG chemicals has TWO silver pens - one is silver+acetone based...and the other is acrylic.

See below....





You want the BOTTOM one.

The one with part number: 842AR-P

This is thee one with lower resistance - the other has 0.2 ohm / cm too high for us.


we want...this one

http://www.mgchemicals.com/products/prototyping-and-circuit-repair/pens/842ar-p-silver-conductive-pen
post #805 of 1642
Quote:
Originally Posted by pez View Post

The difference is that you feel you wasted your money. For that 5-10%, many of us are more than happy to 'pay to play'.

No im more then happy to pay too as always did all this years, im talking for the guys that are on the fence and will fall to Nvidia Hype and pressure of thinking there XP suddenly got obsolete, it did not.
Lets get serious, gains in real life scenarios are basically to the point of error, you can get more or same performance usually form single driver update.

No matter how you spin it for any guys outside the USA that have to pay close to $2k like us Canadians HOLD!!!

So yeah who ever is filling the pressure of new Xp 2017 hold your horses and wait for Volta and just move...Absolutely not worth it! Period! no matter how much money you have!
post #806 of 1642
Quote:
Originally Posted by renejr902 View Post

If you have time, if possible, Could you do the same benchmark with both titan but at 4K. It will be VERY appreciated. Thanks !!
if you have tested Witcher 3, i would appreciate your benchmark with both cards. thanks

Well since i don't have 4k screen only 1440p/165 i tried some games before i took old XP out with DSR, basically whatever you get now just add extra 5-8% on top at most 10% in some scenarios if you are lucky to match your old XP clocks, but if it clocks less expect even smaller difference.
There is no secret sauce here if you expect 15-20% gains.
Basically if you clock 100mhz higher on old XP is almost even match with new Xp at most 1-3% extra for Xp
Edited by gamingarena - 4/12/17 at 9:48am
post #807 of 1642
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingarena View Post

No im more then happy to pay too as always did all this years, im talking for the guys that are on the fence and will fall to Nvidia Hype and pressure of thinking there XP suddenly got obsolete, it did not.
Lets get serious, gains in real life scenarios are basically to the point of error, you can get more or same performance usually form single driver update.

No matter how you spin it for any guys outside the USA that have to pay close to $2k like us Canadians HOLD!!!

So yeah who ever is filling the pressure of new Xp 2017 hold your horses and wait for Volta and just move...Absolutely not worth it! Period! no matter how much money you have!

I totally see where you're coming from. The upgrade bug has bitten me so hard these past 2 weeks that I just sold my entire rig. Going to wait until July and do it right with the new X299 platform and the 7740k. I figured what's the point of getting a Xp now when the only reason I'm not doing 1080Ti SLI is because my cpu would become an eventual bottleneck.

Its hard to resist but if I had a XP or 1080Ti already I wouldn't upgrade to a Xp.
 
PS4 Pro
(1 item)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k 4.5ghz Asus X79 Sabertooth 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator 16gb 1866 240gb Corsair Force GT SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 LogiTech G110 CoolMaster 1200w Silent Pro Gold Azza Hurricane 2000 
Mouse
LogiTech G500 
Monitor
Samsung UN40MU7000 4K 
  hide details  
Reply
 
PS4 Pro
(1 item)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k 4.5ghz Asus X79 Sabertooth 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 980Ti Lightning 1500mhz 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator 16gb 1866 240gb Corsair Force GT SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 LogiTech G110 CoolMaster 1200w Silent Pro Gold Azza Hurricane 2000 
Mouse
LogiTech G500 
Monitor
Samsung UN40MU7000 4K 
  hide details  
Reply
post #808 of 1642
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt123 View Post

Ya, I spoke to an EE friend yesterday & coincidentally he recommended the same "pen". Its already in the mail. wink.gif

Damn, you guys rock. Still ging
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overfiend1981 View Post

Guys one more thing....

I've been told that MG chemicals has TWO silver pens - one is silver+acetone based...and the other is acrylic.

See below....





You want the BOTTOM one.

The one with part number: 842AR-P

This is thee one with lower resistance - the other has 0.2 ohm / cm too high for us.


we want...this one

http://www.mgchemicals.com/products/prototyping-and-circuit-repair/pens/842ar-p-silver-conductive-pen

Might be stupid to ask, but better than destroying $1200...Are you guys quite sure the shunt wont melt it and make it trickle down when the GPU is in vertical stance?
post #809 of 1642
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfc89 View Post

I totally see where you're coming from. The upgrade bug has bitten me so hard these past 2 weeks that I just sold my entire rig. Going to wait until July and do it right with the new X299 platform and the 7740k..

If the rumored specs of the 7740K are true, its going to be the most useless CPU ever.
Because no quad channel RAM (why buy expensive X299 Mobo?) & no soldered IHS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterOC View Post

Might be stupid to ask, but better than destroying $1200...Are you guys quite sure the shunt wont melt it and make it trickle down when the GPU is in vertical stance?

I'm going to insulate the area around the shunt, so not worried here. But you can wait from reports from other people on whether it trickles down or not, before you do the mod.
Edited by rt123 - 4/12/17 at 10:08am
post #810 of 1642
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingarena View Post

Well since i don't have 4k screen only 1440p/165 i tried some games before i took old XP out with DSR, basically whatever you get now just add extra 5-8% on top at most 10% in some scenarios if you are lucky to match your old XP clocks, but if it clocks less expect even smaller difference.
There is no secret sauce here if you expect 15-20% gains.
Basically if you clock 100mhz higher on old XP is almost even match with new Xp at most 1-3% extra for Xp
thanks for let me know smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA Titan Xp Owners' Club