Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › Asrock X370 Taichi Overclocking Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asrock X370 Taichi Overclocking Thread - Page 254

post #2531 of 2926
Quote:
Originally Posted by polkfan View Post

Thing is i'd even pay Amd money for the CPU until they get it back then they could give me a refund.

Simple have no idea why that isn't an option then again its not like that for a lot of businesses

Ya apparently they were sending out free CPUs and the people weren't returning their originals. So they stopped doing that. I asked multiple times for them to take my payment information or some option like that but they keep ignoring that or it might not be an option. Its also a holiday weekend coming up so potentially even more downtime.
post #2532 of 2926
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenFitTech View Post

Ya apparently they were sending out free CPUs and the people weren't returning their originals. So they stopped doing that. I asked multiple times for them to take my payment information or some option like that but they keep ignoring that or it might not be an option. Its also a holiday weekend coming up so potentially even more downtime.

That's sad that is why i say Amd should ask for a debit/credit card first i'd be more then willing to pay for the RMA replacement until they get my older CPU in so i don't have to have any down time.
post #2533 of 2926
Ok so I fixed the GTA 5 crashing. I believe it was isolated to that game at this point as if you all remember NOTHING ELSE HAD THAT PROBLEM.


As for the sxs error: it was with a .exe called SETACL64.exe in the amd folder. It was installed with the AMD chipsets. I believe this problem could be for Ryzen users in general? So I'd recommend you all run the .exe in the file and if you get a SXS error window popup the fix is super easy.

As for code 68:

You stated that this was fixed with the reseating of the CPU, correct? I still haven't done this yet but I also haven't had any more crashes since that GTA 5 crash (it woudl appear when this game crashes it crashes so hard it sometimes triggers other issues). And also haven't had a crash since i SLAMMED THIS SYSTEM with FurMark 1440p max and p95 large FTT to get max heat/power usage to simulate a super hard core scenario in attempt to trigger it. I believe that crash was an unstable GPU overclock as nothing since then.

I also am not positive but fixing the sxs error with the .exe related to the AMD chipset could have possibly (?) resolved this? Since the .exe is related to the chipset.

Anyway, with the segfaulting (which I've written in other forums is 100% possible on Windows), do you think that could have contributed to the BSODs as well? Certain ones at least? Or debug 68? I'll RMA the CPU if I have to, I've heard (both from the guy who wrote it here in this thread, and elsewhere) that the RMA process with AMD is painless, quick, and easy. More than willing to wait a week if it guarantees my PC will be 100% rock solid (Which I thought it was/isk, but hey, who knows).


However, from what I remember chew stating, hes had more problems with the NEWER batches of CPUs than the OLDER ones, am I correct on this memory @chew*? That the newer revisionls seem to cause different/more annoying problems? Or am I losing my memory here?


Once again I'd advise everyone check for the sxs error on SetACL64.exe just to be sure as the fix is easy and will guarantee no crashes due to that.

Also I cannot WAIT for the multi bug to be fixed as I'd like to push my CPU closer to 3.9 as 3.9 isn't very stable for me (requires WAY TOO MANY VOLTS for me to even want to bother with it compared to the super low amount for 3.8, so I"d like to be able to aim for you know like 3850+/-25) and the temporary work around fix chew^ had posted for the multi bug in the BIOS didn't seem to work for me.

I'd love to do some bclk overclocking but i have an m.2 SSD. I'm considering replacing it (or using it as backup storage) and getting a regular Samsun pro (you know the good one?) so I can try to get the bclk up a bit. But then again my system doesn't seem to be stable even with the bclk bumpe dup a single digit so I am not really sure if that will even help me out.


Thanks once again to everyone for all your support. All of you check the SetACL64.exe in the AMD folder to check for the sxs error, and happy overclocking. I"ll be back around posting more (hopefully helpful to some) info and such now that I've resolved the vast majority of my problems and have a fully functional PC that isn't crashing every time I open GTA 5 so hardcore that I need a fresh windows install.
Zen
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 X370 Taichi evga GTX 1080 FTW2 Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial X300 m.2 SSD 500GB WD Blue 1TB Samsung 850 evo 500GB Coolermaster Master Liquid 120 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Seasonic FOCUS Plus 80+Gold 850w NZXT s340 Elite 
MouseOther
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Acer K2 Series K272HUL 27" WQHD 1440p 
  hide details  
Reply
Zen
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 X370 Taichi evga GTX 1080 FTW2 Corsair Vengeance LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial X300 m.2 SSD 500GB WD Blue 1TB Samsung 850 evo 500GB Coolermaster Master Liquid 120 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Seasonic FOCUS Plus 80+Gold 850w NZXT s340 Elite 
MouseOther
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Acer K2 Series K272HUL 27" WQHD 1440p 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2534 of 2926
I wouldn't bother with bclk overclocking, well on this bios anyway. Had it set to 102 and it made the cold boot issues 10x worse.
post #2535 of 2926
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH558 View Post

I wouldn't bother with bclk overclocking, well on this bios anyway. Had it set to 102 and it made the cold boot issues 10x worse.

Hell, even 101bclk on bios 3.20 wont even boot for me
post #2536 of 2926
Quote:
Originally Posted by newls1 View Post

Hell, even 101bclk on bios 3.20 wont even boot for me
I've always had this problem with BCLK overclocking. Even when i had my Locked i5 & Maximus VI Formula (I know... pretty stupid combination) it wouldn't boot at 104.
post #2537 of 2926
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac20 View Post

Ok so I fixed the GTA 5 crashing. I believe it was isolated to that game at this point as if you all remember NOTHING ELSE HAD THAT PROBLEM.


As for the sxs error: it was with a .exe called SETACL64.exe in the amd folder. It was installed with the AMD chipsets. I believe this problem could be for Ryzen users in general? So I'd recommend you all run the .exe in the file and if you get a SXS error window popup the fix is super easy.

As for code 68:

You stated that this was fixed with the reseating of the CPU, correct? I still haven't done this yet but I also haven't had any more crashes since that GTA 5 crash (it woudl appear when this game crashes it crashes so hard it sometimes triggers other issues). And also haven't had a crash since i SLAMMED THIS SYSTEM with FurMark 1440p max and p95 large FTT to get max heat/power usage to simulate a super hard core scenario in attempt to trigger it. I believe that crash was an unstable GPU overclock as nothing since then.

I also am not positive but fixing the sxs error with the .exe related to the AMD chipset could have possibly (?) resolved this? Since the .exe is related to the chipset.

Anyway, with the segfaulting (which I've written in other forums is 100% possible on Windows), do you think that could have contributed to the BSODs as well? Certain ones at least? Or debug 68? I'll RMA the CPU if I have to, I've heard (both from the guy who wrote it here in this thread, and elsewhere) that the RMA process with AMD is painless, quick, and easy. More than willing to wait a week if it guarantees my PC will be 100% rock solid (Which I thought it was/isk, but hey, who knows).


However, from what I remember chew stating, hes had more problems with the NEWER batches of CPUs than the OLDER ones, am I correct on this memory @chew*? That the newer revisionls seem to cause different/more annoying problems? Or am I losing my memory here?


Once again I'd advise everyone check for the sxs error on SetACL64.exe just to be sure as the fix is easy and will guarantee no crashes due to that.

Also I cannot WAIT for the multi bug to be fixed as I'd like to push my CPU closer to 3.9 as 3.9 isn't very stable for me (requires WAY TOO MANY VOLTS for me to even want to bother with it compared to the super low amount for 3.8, so I"d like to be able to aim for you know like 3850+/-25) and the temporary work around fix chew^ had posted for the multi bug in the BIOS didn't seem to work for me.

The new cpu that i received doesnt have the multibug like the one that i rma'ed. Its also pretty recent batch (week 39), so i guess it is just a matter of luck.
post #2538 of 2926
Without looking through all 254 pages, am I the only one who has had to disable SVM completely for my system to be stable, even at stock clocks? (What I mean is, one boot, IBT AVX or OCCT is 100% stable, next boot, it black screens and reboots, even at stock clocks.) With SVM off, I no longer have that issue unless I am pushing things to hard.
Back to FX
(17 items)
 
Work Horse
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8300 Asus 970 Pro Aura Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro Sapphire R9 Fury Tri X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX DDR3 1866 Sandisk 1TB SSD Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk 1TB SSD Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Samsung 4K 28inch Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Mechanical Keyboard Thermaltake Smart SP-850M Cooler Master Master Case 5 Logitech G602 
Audio
5.1 Logitech Speakers 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 4.2GHz MSI 970 Gaming XFX R9 380 4G Sapphire DDR3 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Bulletproof SSD Seagate 500GB Hybrid drive Western Digital Green Standard DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit 27 Inch LCD Planar 24 inch LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K700 Thermaltake 650 Watt Corsair R300 Logitech G602 
Audio
Standard 2.1 speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
Back to FX
(17 items)
 
Work Horse
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8300 Asus 970 Pro Aura Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro Sapphire R9 Fury Tri X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX DDR3 1866 Sandisk 1TB SSD Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk 1TB SSD Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Samsung 4K 28inch Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Mechanical Keyboard Thermaltake Smart SP-850M Cooler Master Master Case 5 Logitech G602 
Audio
5.1 Logitech Speakers 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 4.2GHz MSI 970 Gaming XFX R9 380 4G Sapphire DDR3 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Bulletproof SSD Seagate 500GB Hybrid drive Western Digital Green Standard DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit 27 Inch LCD Planar 24 inch LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K700 Thermaltake 650 Watt Corsair R300 Logitech G602 
Audio
Standard 2.1 speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2539 of 2926
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofGod1000 View Post

Without looking through all 254 pages, am I the only one who has had to disable SVM completely for my system to be stable, even at stock clocks? (What I mean is, one boot, IBT AVX or OCCT is 100% stable, next boot, it black screens and reboots, even at stock clocks.) With SVM off, I no longer have that issue unless I am pushing things to hard.

we wont know unless we know what system your using with the problem

both your rigs are older amd units
post #2540 of 2926
Quote:
Originally Posted by datonyb View Post

we wont know unless we know what system your using with the problem

both your rigs are older amd units

Ignore the stuff below, I have an X370 Taichi with a 1700X. smile.gif
Back to FX
(17 items)
 
Work Horse
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8300 Asus 970 Pro Aura Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro Sapphire R9 Fury Tri X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX DDR3 1866 Sandisk 1TB SSD Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk 1TB SSD Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Samsung 4K 28inch Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Mechanical Keyboard Thermaltake Smart SP-850M Cooler Master Master Case 5 Logitech G602 
Audio
5.1 Logitech Speakers 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 4.2GHz MSI 970 Gaming XFX R9 380 4G Sapphire DDR3 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Bulletproof SSD Seagate 500GB Hybrid drive Western Digital Green Standard DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit 27 Inch LCD Planar 24 inch LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K700 Thermaltake 650 Watt Corsair R300 Logitech G602 
Audio
Standard 2.1 speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
Back to FX
(17 items)
 
Work Horse
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8300 Asus 970 Pro Aura Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro Sapphire R9 Fury Tri X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX DDR3 1866 Sandisk 1TB SSD Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk 1TB SSD Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Samsung 4K 28inch Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Mechanical Keyboard Thermaltake Smart SP-850M Cooler Master Master Case 5 Logitech G602 
Audio
5.1 Logitech Speakers 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 4.2GHz MSI 970 Gaming XFX R9 380 4G Sapphire DDR3 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Bulletproof SSD Seagate 500GB Hybrid drive Western Digital Green Standard DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit 27 Inch LCD Planar 24 inch LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K700 Thermaltake 650 Watt Corsair R300 Logitech G602 
Audio
Standard 2.1 speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › Asrock X370 Taichi Overclocking Thread