Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › Asrock X370 Taichi Overclocking Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asrock X370 Taichi Overclocking Thread - Page 5

post #41 of 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9_r9 View Post

Temps are showing almost the same on hwinfo and hwmonitor apps. I have 3.9 running at 1.3 volt hwinfo and hwinfo are showing max temp at 56c but hwmonitor is showing 57c. I have all fans running at full speed now.

Its a lot cooler than before where before it was showing around 71c+ same volt and same overclock at 3.9 but now its a lot cooler at 57c max. Maybe its due to fans now being on full speed. It also could be that weather in the uk at day time was 30c when I was doing the test now at night its 11c only.

Currently Aida has been running for an hour so far no crashes. How long do I need to run this test before you can call it stable.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nice, those are really good temps!! Some people say 2 hours some say 48 hours. I normally run it overnight.
Edit: I have 2 rigs running 1800. One is my wife's and a different mobo but they are both stable at 4.0 1.375.
Have not tried 3.9 yet.
Edited by Lance01 - 4/9/17 at 4:08pm
post #42 of 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1982 View Post

Anybody knows what's the real core voltage? Get 2 different voltages in hw info, one under Cpu and one under taichi register?thinking.gif
I've been going off the Vcore under the Taichi section of HWinfo. Why? Because that one actually responds differently based on your LLC level, which tells me that it's reading in real time how the mobo is correcting voltage droop under load. To me, the cpu core voltage under the Ryzen section just seems like it's telling you the value you put into the bios (or I've seen other random values in there that have no correlation to the settings I put in the bios) with no real time monitoring.
Rawrzen
(8 items)
 
Phenom
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 Asrock Taichi x370 Asus RX480 8g Strix Corsair 2x8gb 3000mhz led 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Intel 600p 256gb Corsair H110i EVGA Supernova 1000w G3 Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T @ 3.65Ghz Gigabyte MA790GPT-UD3H R9 290 Corsair 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
X25-M G2 80gb WD Black 1TB Standard DVDRW Drive Sunbeamtech CCF 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Asus 23" Logitech Cordless Elite Corsair 550VX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Chieftec Dragon Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Speed Fiio E10 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Beyerdynamic DT770Pro-80 Logitech X230 Xbox 360 Controller amBX Light System 
  hide details  
Reply
Rawrzen
(8 items)
 
Phenom
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 Asrock Taichi x370 Asus RX480 8g Strix Corsair 2x8gb 3000mhz led 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Intel 600p 256gb Corsair H110i EVGA Supernova 1000w G3 Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T @ 3.65Ghz Gigabyte MA790GPT-UD3H R9 290 Corsair 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
X25-M G2 80gb WD Black 1TB Standard DVDRW Drive Sunbeamtech CCF 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Asus 23" Logitech Cordless Elite Corsair 550VX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Chieftec Dragon Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Speed Fiio E10 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Beyerdynamic DT770Pro-80 Logitech X230 Xbox 360 Controller amBX Light System 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 469
Do you guys know the maximum amperage on the fan headers? I'm planning on running 3 SP120s on 1 header. 3x SP120 front of the case and 3xSP120 on the top case
Silent White
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Asrock X370 Taichi Nvida Titan X (2016 Pascal) G.Skill Trident-Z 3200mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 EVO NVME EKWB Supremacy EVO Full Nickel EKWB Titan X Nickel/Acetal Hardwarelabs Black Ice GTS360 x 2 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair SP120 Performance Editions PWM x 6 Windows 10 PRO Asus PG279Q Corsair STRAFE RGB MX BROWNS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova 850 G3 Phanteks Evolv ATX Corsair M65 Corsair MM300 
Audio
Logitech G930 Wireless Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent White
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Asrock X370 Taichi Nvida Titan X (2016 Pascal) G.Skill Trident-Z 3200mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 EVO NVME EKWB Supremacy EVO Full Nickel EKWB Titan X Nickel/Acetal Hardwarelabs Black Ice GTS360 x 2 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair SP120 Performance Editions PWM x 6 Windows 10 PRO Asus PG279Q Corsair STRAFE RGB MX BROWNS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA Supernova 850 G3 Phanteks Evolv ATX Corsair M65 Corsair MM300 
Audio
Logitech G930 Wireless Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance01 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9_r9 View Post

Temps are showing almost the same on hwinfo and hwmonitor apps. I have 3.9 running at 1.3 volt hwinfo and hwinfo are showing max temp at 56c but hwmonitor is showing 57c. I have all fans running at full speed now.

Its a lot cooler than before where before it was showing around 71c+ same volt and same overclock at 3.9 but now its a lot cooler at 57c max. Maybe its due to fans now being on full speed. It also could be that weather in the uk at day time was 30c when I was doing the test now at night its 11c only.

Currently Aida has been running for an hour so far no crashes. How long do I need to run this test before you can call it stable.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nice, those are really good temps!! Some people say 2 hours some say 48 hours. I normally run it overnight.
Edit: I have 2 rigs running 1800. One is my wife's and a different mobo but they are both stable at 4.0 1.375.
Have not tried 3.9 yet.

Yeah 3.9 is stable with IBT and Aida. I ran aida for 9 hours it was stable for me.

I tried 4.0 with 1.375 volt but when i run vpuz it shows 1535 not 4025. I also tried pstate method but cinebench crashes at 1.375 or 1.4 volts.

I am starting to think that my overclock is max 3.9.

Could you please share the screenshots of your bios overclock volt and frequency please.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
post #45 of 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9_r9 View Post

Yeah 3.9 is stable with IBT and Aida. I ran aida for 9 hours it was stable for me.

I tried 4.0 with 1.375 volt but when i run vpuz it shows 1535 not 4025. I also tried pstate method but cinebench crashes at 1.375 or 1.4 volts.

I am starting to think that my overclock is max 3.9.

Could you please share the screenshots of your bios overclock volt and frequency please.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No problem. I really did not make many changes; however, last night I had to bump up the voltage to 1.3875 as it crashed doing a FPU only test.

Check out post number 1225 which is 5 posts down from the top of the page to see some results I ran for temps and voltages. The link is below:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/amds-ryzen-cpus-formerly-zen.799348/page-123



post #46 of 469
Thanks for screenshots. I will try to match the settings and i hopefully i can get same clocks as you. Btw what bios version are you using? I am on 2.0

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
post #47 of 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9_r9 View Post

Thanks for screenshots. I will try to match the settings and i hopefully i can get same clocks as you. Btw what bios version are you using? I am on 2.0

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I am on the same bios version as you.
post #48 of 469
Thanks Lance. I have tried your settings cinebench competed the process with score 1725 i think. When i ran ibt test system crashed at 4.0 with 1.3875. I than increased volt to 1.4 and same thing happened it crashed with ibt test. I also applied your ram settings 2933 with 4.0 overclock. I don't think 4.0 is possible with my 1700 chip.

I am now running 3.9 with 1.3 volt and xmp enabled with 3200 ram. System didnt crash with ibt or cinebench test.

Do i need to manually configure the ram or xmp profile is good enough for 3200 with 3.9 overclock? I did set vram volt to 1.35.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
post #49 of 469
Strange thing is i am getting almost same result at cinebench 1720 with 3.9 and 4.0 overclock. Only difference is system does not crash at 3.9 with xmp 3200 profile.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
post #50 of 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9_r9 View Post

Strange thing is i am getting almost same result at cinebench 1720 with 3.9 and 4.0 overclock. Only difference is system does not crash at 3.9 with xmp 3200 profile.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I could not really tell you on the XMP but if it is stable I would just leave it set to XMP. XMP does not work for me on the 16GB x 2 sticks yet but hoping it will with additional bios updates. Well if you can do 3.9 at 1.3 that is great!! Good speed and safe voltage for sure. Here was my Cinebench score at 4.0:


Edited by Lance01 - 4/10/17 at 12:22pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › Asrock X370 Taichi Overclocking Thread