Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [FB/BR] Tesla Becomes Most Valuable US Automaker. You Can't Afford To Ignore This Stock.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[FB/BR] Tesla Becomes Most Valuable US Automaker. You Can't Afford To Ignore This Stock. - Page 24

post #231 of 372

Some of you talking GM etc are ignoring the FACT that GM did get $45 to $50 Billion bailout from the US taxpayers that most of it , it did not have to pay back. When Tesla gets near that figure...

post #232 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0oMeR View Post

Well reliability hasn't been proven, so if you are buying an EV car now, you don't know the reliability of the batteries after 5 years / 7 years.

These EV cars are overpriced no matter how you look at it. The Model S tries to remedy the asking price by shoving a lot of "luxury" features like a giant screen. But a giant screen running at an insanely low DPI isn't anything special, its just a gimmick.

There is no fun in an electric car, you don't feel like you are driving. And to be honest, anyone that is able to afford an 80k car probably would do more driving than the average person. I know I would never want to risk running out of juice with a client in the car, or driving extremely slow because i'm at 20/30% capacity. Sorry but "Range" is a HUGE part of "reliability" to me at least.
No car sold has any "safety" issues, there are cars with heavier metals than others but as an industry safety is far of a concern.

What do you mean development? That is what I am talking about! Charging/infrastructure developments are a major problem in non-saturated populations. Especially in places like around Toronto, where your average trip including traffic is minimum 1 hour one way.

Gas stations are simply underrated. Their scale is immense, you can't drive anywhere without bumping into a gas station. Oil and Gas has had 100 years to mature. Lithium is only in the past couple decades where it has reached a point where efficiency and cost is at least closing the curve.

Oh so they many people with them sharing their both good and bad experiences don't count? You do realize these things have been out since 2012 plus I know someone with a model S. So I know it is reliable and can be driven in extreme temps 20 below zero.

No fun in an electric car.... I'll play Forza when I am looking for fun.

Range is not a reliability concern... You knew the range of the car before purchasing. It is your problem after that, Some people buy Nissan leaf 100mile rang, some buy Chevy and some buy Tesla. People who buy bought the earlier Nissan leafs don't expect to get the same range as Tesla. Because they knew what they were buying.

When i said development I meant cars being made with cheap materials, battery etc.

Many cars sold has safety issues. Tesla has one of the best safety ratings in the vehicle industry.

In the future charge stations will be just as abundant as gas stations. I still will not go to them, I will charge at home

Evs are not for everyone, but they fit my life style and many others. So I am in thumb.gif
post #233 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetgamer120 View Post

Oh so they many people with them sharing their both good and bad experiences don't count? You do realize these things have been out since 2012 plus I know someone with a model S. So I know it is reliable and can be driven in extreme temps 20 below zero.

No fun in an electric car.... I'll play Forza when I am looking for fun.

Range is not a reliability concern... You knew the range of the car before purchasing. It is your problem after that, Some people buy Nissan leaf 100mile rang, some buy Chevy and some buy Tesla. People who buy bought the earlier Nissan leafs don't expect to get the same range as Tesla. Because they knew what they were buying.

Many cars sold has safety issues. Tesla has one of the best safety ratings in the vehicle industry.

In the future charge stations will be just as abundant as gas stations. I still will not go to them, I will charge at home

Evs are not for everyone, but they fit my life style and many others. So I am in thumb.gif

I agree it fits a lifestyle that is relatively revolves around your own circle of commute. But as a tool for your household, range is a problem if like in many households multiple people share the same car.
You park your car at home and before you even get a chance to plug it in, one of your kids take it out or your wife takes it out. IMO, being leashed to a cable is more hassle than it is worth.
I'd rather pump $50 into my gas tank and go.

No car I've bought in the past decade has had a single major "safety" issue. Don't get a Hyundai/Kia and you are probably good. If you are looking for "Safety" then go get a Volvo or Saab.
I've driven the Model S, and I would never trade my Alfa Guilia Quadri for a Model S. Same price, but completely different machines.
post #234 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0oMeR View Post

I agree it fits a lifestyle that is relatively revolves around your own circle of commute. But as a tool for your household, range is a problem if like in many households multiple people share the same car.
You park your car at home and before you even get a chance to plug it in, one of your kids take it out or your wife takes it out. IMO, being leashed to a cable is more hassle than it is worth.
I'd rather pump $50 into my gas tank and go.

No car I've bought in the past decade has had a single major "safety" issue. Don't get a Hyundai/Kia and you are probably good. If you are looking for "Safety" then go get a Volvo or Saab.
I've driven the Model S, and I would never trade my Alfa Guilia Quadri for a Model S. Same price, but completely different machines.

I can get home with my ICE on empty and my wife wants to take it out.... So what???

I will take leash to a cable over a gas station thank you very much....

No one suggested you trade in any of your cars for an EV. Different strokes for different folks.

Anything I am going with will be PHEV or EV. I am leaving the ICE thing behind.

Mitsubishi PHEV highlander is lovely, Chrysler PHEV minivan is lovely. I have lots of choices and even more to come.
post #235 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetgamer120 View Post

I can get home with my ICE on empty and my wife wants to take it out.... So what???

I will take leash to a cable over a gas station thank you very much....

No one suggested you trade in any of your cars for an EV. Different strokes for different folks.

Anything I am going with will be PHEV or EV. I am leaving the ICE thing behind.

Mitsubishi PHEV highlander is lovely, Chrysler PHEV minivan is lovely. I have lots of choices and even more to come.

You aren't looking at the cost benefit of the batteries. You pay less for gas yes, but you pay way more to equip yourself to be able to use electricity.
Gasoline offers so much more flexibility imo, that in this stage especially in my country where Hilton's don't even have many charging stations at their hotels.

A Mits Highlander V8 would cost much less than the PHEV version and offer better performance.
post #236 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetgamer120 View Post

Majority of people don't travel 100miles per day. So what you are saying is false. City travellers are the majority. And that is EV target market at the moment.

Evs are not effecient on high ways so they won't be replacing trucks etc for a while.

I meant that city dwellers are the majority which means that they don't drive that much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imouto View Post

That's why no one will remember your name.

No, for EVs to be a majority batteries need to be cheaper. Not even have more capacity. And they're getting cheaper by the day.

I could care less. tongue.gif

Infrastructure still needs to be in place and needs the overhaul. Along with battery tech advancements and recycling.

I actually hope EVs continue to advance. I just do not see why peeps get so hyped over them or get so loyal over products.
Heck, for giggles, I can agree about the other side for ya. No matter if ICE, EV, or hybrid. All have Pros and Cons.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960X Gigabyte X99-UD3P GTX980 Ti (Switching out) GTX980 Ti (Switching out) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill TridentZ 32GB 3200MHz Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial m4 512GB Seagate Barracuda 3TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK EVO 2x EK Full Nickel/Acetal Titan X Block Monsoon Premium Bay Res v.2/ Vero D5 pump insta... HWLab Black Ice 360/ 3x eLoops in Push/Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Phobya 200/ Cooler Master Mega Flow Fan in Push Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Overlord 1440P Corsair K70 Vengeance 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200W Cooler Master Haf X Modded Logitech G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1090T ASUS Sabertooth 990FX GTX960 FTW @ 1552MHz / Stock volts GTX980 STRIX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Vegeance 8GB Intel SSD Corsair H60 Corsair H55/Kraken G10 on GTX960 
OSPowerCase
Ubuntu 15.04 Thermaltake Black Widow 850W NZXT Apollo (Soon to change) 
CPUOSCase
Intel Core i3 Ubuntu 14.04LTS Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960X Gigabyte X99-UD3P GTX980 Ti (Switching out) GTX980 Ti (Switching out) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill TridentZ 32GB 3200MHz Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial m4 512GB Seagate Barracuda 3TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK EVO 2x EK Full Nickel/Acetal Titan X Block Monsoon Premium Bay Res v.2/ Vero D5 pump insta... HWLab Black Ice 360/ 3x eLoops in Push/Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Phobya 200/ Cooler Master Mega Flow Fan in Push Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Overlord 1440P Corsair K70 Vengeance 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200W Cooler Master Haf X Modded Logitech G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1090T ASUS Sabertooth 990FX GTX960 FTW @ 1552MHz / Stock volts GTX980 STRIX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Vegeance 8GB Intel SSD Corsair H60 Corsair H55/Kraken G10 on GTX960 
OSPowerCase
Ubuntu 15.04 Thermaltake Black Widow 850W NZXT Apollo (Soon to change) 
CPUOSCase
Intel Core i3 Ubuntu 14.04LTS Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook 
  hide details  
Reply
post #237 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0oMeR View Post

You aren't looking at the cost benefit of the batteries. You pay less for gas yes, but you pay way more to equip yourself to be able to use electricity.
Gasoline offers so much more flexibility imo, that in this stage especially in my country where Hilton's don't even have many charging stations at their hotels.

A Mits Highlander V8 would cost much less than the PHEV version and offer better performance.

I am not looking at the cost benefit of anything really... I just like the technology. I would definitely pay less for fuel though, though that is not a factor in my decision. I could by a smaller car and save lots of gas.

I do not care for how fast a car can get to 60 mph etc. So I would never buy a gas drinking V8.

I couldn't care less about the flexibility of gasoline lol. You see it as convenience I do not. I see being able to refuel at home as convenient.
post #238 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by frickfrock999 View Post


http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/04/10/tesla-overtakes-gm-to-become-most-valuable-us-auto-maker.html
http://blogs.barrons.com/stockstowatchtoday/2017/04/10/tesla-you-cant-afford-to-ignore-this-stock/

Seriously, if you haven't invested in Tesla at this point, what's your excuse?

Do you hate money? lachen.gif

Buy the rumour, sell the news. Are you new?
MOAR COARS
(14 items)
 
Red Dragon
(9 items)
 
Old Green
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 AsRock Taichi X370 EVGA 1080Ti FE 16GB Trident Z 3200 C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB SK Hynix 500GB SSD EK Supremacy Evo EK XTX 65mm Rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10  BenQ XL2420T 120hz Tomoko Blue 84-key EVGA SuperNova G2 1000w 
CaseMouse
Fractal Define S Logitech G300S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 MSI P55-GD65 2x Palit GTX460 1GB 8GB 1333 G.Skill F3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x 500gb 1x 320gb Windows 7 Ultimate 22" Samsung 1080p Corsair 750w 
Case
CoolerMaster 690 
  hide details  
Reply
MOAR COARS
(14 items)
 
Red Dragon
(9 items)
 
Old Green
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 AsRock Taichi X370 EVGA 1080Ti FE 16GB Trident Z 3200 C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB SK Hynix 500GB SSD EK Supremacy Evo EK XTX 65mm Rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10  BenQ XL2420T 120hz Tomoko Blue 84-key EVGA SuperNova G2 1000w 
CaseMouse
Fractal Define S Logitech G300S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 MSI P55-GD65 2x Palit GTX460 1GB 8GB 1333 G.Skill F3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x 500gb 1x 320gb Windows 7 Ultimate 22" Samsung 1080p Corsair 750w 
Case
CoolerMaster 690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #239 of 372
I personally think Teslas look like female cars.

-st0ne
post #240 of 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avonosac View Post

You aren't even reading posts, let alone responses to your posts, are you?
Yep, and ignoring facts and trends is exactly what got them there.

I guarantee you haven't read a single word I've written or else you wouldn't be confused about what I was responding to. You can attack me all you want but it doesn't change any of the facts I've laid out in this thread and you certainly seem completely incapable of rebutting any of them anyway...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [FB/BR] Tesla Becomes Most Valuable US Automaker. You Can't Afford To Ignore This Stock.