Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Samsung S24F350 calibration
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung S24F350 calibration

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 
Hi, bought the monitor a few days ago: http://www.samsung.com/in/business/business-products/monitor/led-monitor/LS24F350FHWXXL
So far so good.

I'm using it in factory settings now. Are any of you using it? If so can you give me suggestions on what you think is the optimum calibration for this monitor? (In terms of brightness, contrast, color etc)

Also, this monitor has two freesync options. Standard(60-72 Hz probably) and Ultimate(48-72) Hz. I've read in some forums that some Samsung monitors (can't remember the model) have the 'Ultimate' freesync option broken(don't remember what was the problem. Flickering or whatever). So do you guys have any similar experience with this monitor? (I don't have a freesync GPU yet. So can't test it).

Thanks.
PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Sapphire HD 7970 OC with boost G.SKILL TridentX 2400 Mhz - CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 pro Western Digital Cavier Blue ASUS DVD-R/DVD-RW drive Cooler Master Hyper 212X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit  Samsung S24F350FHW G.Skill RIPJAWS KM570 MX Cooler Master V550 – semi-modular 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
CM 690 III Logitech G102 Realtek ALC 898 Sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Sapphire HD 7970 OC with boost G.SKILL TridentX 2400 Mhz - CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 pro Western Digital Cavier Blue ASUS DVD-R/DVD-RW drive Cooler Master Hyper 212X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit  Samsung S24F350FHW G.Skill RIPJAWS KM570 MX Cooler Master V550 – semi-modular 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
CM 690 III Logitech G102 Realtek ALC 898 Sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 3
I suggest to you to do what I did for my Samsung TV.

Google and see what sort of numbers everyone is getting when they use proper calibration tools which I will not buy myself. You will notice that up the 75% of the numbers will be the same. Use your eye for the other 25%. This methods worked like a charm.

I remember my cousin was over and he had just bought the same model, and wondered why my picture was so much better. I told him my secret.

Test the ultimate Freesync setting and see, maybe if it was broke, now they may have fixed it.
 
BitoHeaven
(16 items)
 
Cigar ATX PC
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5GHz Asus Maximus VI Gene Gigabyte R9 290 @ 1160MHz/1350MHz Gigabyte R9 290 @ 1160MHz/1350MHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2X8GB DDR3 2400MHz Samsung 840 PRO 256GB  Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB SATA III 6Gb/s 64... Pioneer Blu-ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Liquid Single Loop Triple Radiators Win 7 SP1 Professional x64bit  Samsung SynchMaster 24" Widescreen 1200p TFT-LC... Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1300w 80+ Gold Fully Modular  Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Microsoft Sidewinder X5 Allsop Redmond Mouse Pad 
Audio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX mITX  Sapphire HD 7990 @ 1090MHz/1600MHz G.SKILL Ripjaws 2X4GB DDR3-1600 @ 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial SSD 128GB mSATA SATA III 6GB  Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA II 32MB 7200RPM LG DVD R/W SATA with LightScribe Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional x64bit Samsung 52" 1080p 60Hz LCD Logitech Wireless K330 Corsair AX850 Gold Fully Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ATX Black  Logitech Wireless M215 Corsair Vengeance MM200 Yamaha RX-V681 & PSB/Polk Audio 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 640 ASRock N68C-GS NVIDIA 6600GT G. Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM LG Optical Drive Thermaltake Max Orb Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic 19” Flatscreen CRT Gigabyte GK-K6800 103  Thermaltake TR2 600W Cigar Boxes 
MouseMouse Pad
Zalman ZM-M300 Corsair Vengeance MM200 
  hide details  
Reply
 
BitoHeaven
(16 items)
 
Cigar ATX PC
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5GHz Asus Maximus VI Gene Gigabyte R9 290 @ 1160MHz/1350MHz Gigabyte R9 290 @ 1160MHz/1350MHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2X8GB DDR3 2400MHz Samsung 840 PRO 256GB  Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB SATA III 6Gb/s 64... Pioneer Blu-ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Liquid Single Loop Triple Radiators Win 7 SP1 Professional x64bit  Samsung SynchMaster 24" Widescreen 1200p TFT-LC... Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1300w 80+ Gold Fully Modular  Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Microsoft Sidewinder X5 Allsop Redmond Mouse Pad 
Audio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX mITX  Sapphire HD 7990 @ 1090MHz/1600MHz G.SKILL Ripjaws 2X4GB DDR3-1600 @ 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial SSD 128GB mSATA SATA III 6GB  Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA II 32MB 7200RPM LG DVD R/W SATA with LightScribe Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional x64bit Samsung 52" 1080p 60Hz LCD Logitech Wireless K330 Corsair AX850 Gold Fully Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ATX Black  Logitech Wireless M215 Corsair Vengeance MM200 Yamaha RX-V681 & PSB/Polk Audio 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 640 ASRock N68C-GS NVIDIA 6600GT G. Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM LG Optical Drive Thermaltake Max Orb Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic 19” Flatscreen CRT Gigabyte GK-K6800 103  Thermaltake TR2 600W Cigar Boxes 
MouseMouse Pad
Zalman ZM-M300 Corsair Vengeance MM200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 3
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunderman456 View Post

I suggest to you to do what I did for my Samsung TV.

Google and see what sort of numbers everyone is getting when they use proper calibration tools which I will not buy myself. You will notice that up the 75% of the numbers will be the same. Use your eye for the other 25%. This methods worked like a charm.

I remember my cousin was over and he had just bought the same model, and wondered why my picture was so much better. I told him my secret.

Test the ultimate Freesync setting and see, maybe if it was broke, now they may have fixed it.

I already searched the net before asking here. But got no useful result as this is a relatively newer model and not that popular. Thanks anyway.

Anyone else wants to chime in? Preferably with hands-on experience?
PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Sapphire HD 7970 OC with boost G.SKILL TridentX 2400 Mhz - CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 pro Western Digital Cavier Blue ASUS DVD-R/DVD-RW drive Cooler Master Hyper 212X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit  Samsung S24F350FHW G.Skill RIPJAWS KM570 MX Cooler Master V550 – semi-modular 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
CM 690 III Logitech G102 Realtek ALC 898 Sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Sapphire HD 7970 OC with boost G.SKILL TridentX 2400 Mhz - CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 pro Western Digital Cavier Blue ASUS DVD-R/DVD-RW drive Cooler Master Hyper 212X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit  Samsung S24F350FHW G.Skill RIPJAWS KM570 MX Cooler Master V550 – semi-modular 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
CM 690 III Logitech G102 Realtek ALC 898 Sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Samsung S24F350 calibration