Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › OLED 4K 30" 60 Hz - Dell UP3017Q
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OLED 4K 30" 60 Hz - Dell UP3017Q - Page 17

post #161 of 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurv View Post


I assume if you use HDMI 2.0, you can't select 10bit? I would be running this thing through a X7200WA receiver so I can use high end audio setup. HDMI is more or less a must for me. Though, I am betting the difference between 10 and 8 bit is very minor to the human eye.

I am going to hold off for now, the reports of i1 display calibrators not working on it and oversaturated colors have me worried. My i1 display pro works fine for my LG E6, as long as I set it to non-refresh display but it's a completely different OLED technology. I don't want to go from a perfectly calibrated OLED to over saturated colors and I can't fix properly. I am extremely picky about accuracy.

The manual also claims that this display dims down after 5 minutes if it doesn't detect any movement on the screen. My LG E6 did that, but I went into the service menu and completely disabled it. 4000 hours later, still no problems. It would dim down in certain RPGs that had lots of dialog with minimal movement even though there was movement.
Edited by Murlocke - 4/18/17 at 2:13am
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #162 of 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by cskippy View Post

How annoying is the 120Hz interpolation with 60Hz content? I could't stand the Eizo with 60Hz games when it interpolated to 240?Hz.
This monitor is not interpolating content. It's double strobing the pixels, which creates 0 negative effects because the pixels transition much more quickly than the strobing.

It's, basically, everything good CRT's were and even better! We might be witnessing the herald of perfect display technologies.

120 Hz input 4K OLED is closer than we figured!
Edited by ToTheSun! - 4/18/17 at 1:53am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP P1230 Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP P1230 Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #163 of 627
Yeah this is basically an OLED running like a CRT. If this were $<2000 I would order this RIGHT NOW. Forget Benq, forget all the other crap out there.....THIS is what I want. Just can't afford it. But prices will eventually go down. IT HAS BEGUN, folks.

If you can afford this monitor and you were sick of the IPS lotteries, BUY IT if you can afford it. Or wait for things to settle down in prices as this is priced outside of many normal players' price range.
SB Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD5 B3 R9 290X 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, 250gb Liteon ihbs212 blu-ray burner/reader XP+W7 Benq XL2720Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 69/Year of the Goat/Shine 5 Seasonic Platinum X1000 Corsair 760T Logitech G502 with r0ach approved ™ sensor 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
SB Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD5 B3 R9 290X 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, 250gb Liteon ihbs212 blu-ray burner/reader XP+W7 Benq XL2720Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 69/Year of the Goat/Shine 5 Seasonic Platinum X1000 Corsair 760T Logitech G502 with r0ach approved ™ sensor 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
post #164 of 627
It's a pixel-based display. Oled or LCD, doesn't matter, there will always be a lottery, ALWAYS. Seems that OLED displays are more prone to dead pixels and awful white uniformity. You only remove the BLB component from the lottery but increase the significance of pixel component in the lottery.
post #165 of 627
How is this 0.1 ms (black to white) ? Is this faster than 4ms IPS / VA panels or Not ?
Although these vivid colors and the best black levels & contrast , i think we need HDR beside these features because HDR is the future in upcoming Games and Movies .
I can stay with my LG 2009 monitor until we see 27- 32'' 4K OLED HDR 144hz G-sync for a reasonable price by 2020 or 2021 .
post #166 of 627
I'd risk saying that 5 years won't change anything.
post #167 of 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astreon View Post

I'd risk saying that 5 years won't change anything.
I'm sure by 2022 we'll see some various OLED monitors because i don't think we'll see a great feature for LED than FALD . I think this is the end of LED gaming monitors .
post #168 of 627
I agree that we will probably see some OLED monitors, but I expect them to cost 2-3 k $.
post #169 of 627
Who has tested the monitor with USB C via Thunderbolt 3 (up to 40 gbit/s bandwith) ?

I read the monitor supports 120 hz @ 4 K on USB C via Thunderbolt 3:
Quote:
Refresh Rate: 120hz (DisplayPort over USB-C via Thunderbolt 3 via USB-C)

Edited by asus1889 - 4/18/17 at 5:38am
post #170 of 627
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

I assume if you use HDMI 2.0, you can't select 10bit? I would be running this thing through a X7200WA receiver so I can use high end audio setup. HDMI is more or less a must for me. Though, I am betting the difference between 10 and 8 bit is very minor to the human eye.

I am going to hold off for now, the reports of i1 display calibrators not working on it and oversaturated colors have me worried. My i1 display pro works fine for my LG E6, as long as I set it to non-refresh display but it's a completely different OLED technology. I don't want to go from a perfectly calibrated OLED to over saturated colors and I can't fix properly. I am extremely picky about accuracy.

The manual also claims that this display dims down after 5 minutes if it doesn't detect any movement on the screen. My LG E6 did that, but I went into the service menu and completely disabled it. 4000 hours later, still no problems. It would dim down in certain RPGs that had lots of dialog with minimal movement even though there was movement.

HDMI 2.0 is 8-bit only. But you need a 10-bit workflow to use 10-bit anyway, so really is it that big of a deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post

This monitor is not interpolating content. It's double strobing the pixels, which creates 0 negative effects because the pixels transition much more quickly than the strobing.

It's, basically, everything good CRT's were and even better! We might be witnessing the herald of perfect display technologies.

120 Hz input 4K OLED is closer than we figured!

It looks to me they originally were going to have it strobe once per HZ at 120 Hz. With a lack of proper inputs (remember all of these Dell OLED's so far were manufactured in Oct 2016), they just decided to double strobe 60 Hz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post

Yeah this is basically an OLED running like a CRT. If this were $<2000 I would order this RIGHT NOW. Forget Benq, forget all the other crap out there.....THIS is what I want. Just can't afford it. But prices will eventually go down. IT HAS BEGUN, folks.

If you can afford this monitor and you were sick of the IPS lotteries, BUY IT if you can afford it. Or wait for things to settle down in prices as this is priced outside of many normal players' price range.

Ya it is the best computer display out there by far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astreon View Post

It's a pixel-based display. Oled or LCD, doesn't matter, there will always be a lottery, ALWAYS. Seems that OLED displays are more prone to dead pixels and awful white uniformity. You only remove the BLB component from the lottery but increase the significance of pixel component in the lottery.

Zero dead pixels on my unit, or any defects at all that I could see so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmms View Post

How is this 0.1 ms (black to white) ? Is this faster than 4ms IPS / VA panels or Not ?
Although these vivid colors and the best black levels & contrast , i think we need HDR beside these features because HDR is the future in upcoming Games and Movies .
I can stay with my LG 2009 monitor until we see 27- 32'' 4K OLED HDR 144hz G-sync for a reasonable price by 2020 or 2021 .

You cannot compare 90 micro-seconds to LCD crap. It's any entirely different world. There is ZERO trailing or over-shoot. The 5.4 ms MPRT of the Dell OLED is about the same as my 144 Hz G-Sync TN! Of course at 60 Hz it won't be as snappy and fluid as 144 Hz anything...

OLED also naturally has kind of a "HDR" feel to it already since the contrast and black depth are unrivaled.
Quote:
Who has tested the monitor with USB C via Thunderbolt 3 (up to 40 gbit/s bandwith) ?

I've tested it with my Laptop that has TB3. The monitor WILL NOT overclocked to anything above 60 Hz, no matter the resolution or refresh rate applied. While it does display a normal image at many refresh rates above 60 Hz, it FRAME SKIPS, defeating the whole purpose. This is on all three inputs.
Zybane
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X - 4.5 GHz Edition 10 Rampage V Extreme Titan Xp  G.Skill 32GB 3200 MHz CL14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB - Samsung SM961 Windows 10 Pro OLED 4K 55" LG C7P Razer BlackWidow TE Stealth Chroma 
PowerMouseAudioAudio
Corsair AX1500i 1500W Titanium Razer Mamba TE Denon AVR-X7200WA Elac BS 312 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sennheiser HD-700 Headphones Velodyne MiniVee Subwoofer Buttkicker LFE Razer Orbweaver Stealth Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
Zybane
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X - 4.5 GHz Edition 10 Rampage V Extreme Titan Xp  G.Skill 32GB 3200 MHz CL14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB - Samsung SM961 Windows 10 Pro OLED 4K 55" LG C7P Razer BlackWidow TE Stealth Chroma 
PowerMouseAudioAudio
Corsair AX1500i 1500W Titanium Razer Mamba TE Denon AVR-X7200WA Elac BS 312 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sennheiser HD-700 Headphones Velodyne MiniVee Subwoofer Buttkicker LFE Razer Orbweaver Stealth Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › OLED 4K 30" 60 Hz - Dell UP3017Q