Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ASRock AB350M Pro4...Any Good?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASRock AB350M Pro4...Any Good? - Page 2

post #11 of 18
I paired this board with a 1600 for the wife's build. It overclocked nicely to 3.8 Ghz and was stable. However we noticed it still had plenty of headroom left at stock and ran substantially cooler (used stock cooler in both cases), so we just backed it down to stock. Good to know that if we ever want to- we can crank it back up to 3.8 Ghz without issues. Paired it with Corsair LPX 3200 2 x 8Gb and have them running 2933 Mhz without any problems.

The board has a nice layout, and for those into the RGB LED thing, there is a header for that. Wife wanted the fancy colors- so we spent 14$ on a magnetically attached pair of LED strips and now it goes through a rainbow of color when its being used and its completely dark and quiet when in sleep-mode.

I would definitely recommend this board.
post #12 of 18
I just got the AB350M a few days ago along with a r7 1700.

Pretty nice board, but there is one thing that needs to be fixed, or added I should say.. Load Line Calibration in the bios.
The vdroop under load is insane. I set 1.375vcore and idle it reads 1.41v, then when I put load on it, it drops to 1.31v! mad.gif

That is fu*kin ridiculous! To get 1.375v load , or even 1.35v I probably have to set over 1.4vcore and that means it will idle waaay above that, probably close to 1.5v.
Of course, this is only problematic when overclocking the cpu to its potential.. on lower speeds most runs fine well under 1.3v.

Ram I haven't tested much yet, only have a 2400mhz kit for now anyway.

Other than this it isn't much bad to say, board has a great layout. thumb.gif

Pcie 1x on top, then 16x, then a 4x full slot with an extra exp slot in between the 16x, this is perfect for me.
It has both m2 ultra and m2 slots, 4 sata ports and lots of usb3 ports.

Lets hope they're adding a load line option in the bios soon, so we can make our cpu's and vrm's sweat a little biggrin.gif
post #13 of 18
Hi. first time posting

Just wanted to chime in on this board
I have it paired with a R7 1700 and it's running great so far.
OC to 3.65 with 1.225 Volts. Maximum temp (IBT, Prime95) is pretty low at about 55 with my old Scythe Kama Angle cooler mounted on the AM2/3 Clips with AC MX-2 paste.
32 Gb (2x16) DR Vengeance LPX 2400 14-16-16-32 1.2v overclocked to 2666 16.16.16.38 1.25V (1.28V in HWiNFO)
Had trouble booting with XMP, dont use that. Always set the timings manually
I read about the alleged substandard power delivery, so i'm keeping the CPU volts down - 1.35V max

Latest BIOS 2.50
The BIOS is great, some OC related options are hidden in the "Advanced" menu (eg. RAM termination Ohms). Love the custom Fan speed curve setting - it reacts to the MB socket temp. probe, not the one in the CPU. That is good because it does not spike and avoids distubing fan spin-ups. The temperature delta is constant (lower with 5-6 degrees), so adjust with that in mind.
The only setting i'm missing is the SOC voltage, its stuck at 0.9. Hope the next update adds that.

a solid 8/10, recommended smile.gif
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamw View Post

I just got the AB350M a few days ago along with a r7 1700.

Pretty nice board, but there is one thing that needs to be fixed, or added I should say.. Load Line Calibration in the bios.
The vdroop under load is insane. I set 1.375vcore and idle it reads 1.41v, then when I put load on it, it drops to 1.31v! mad.gif

That is fu*kin ridiculous! To get 1.375v load , or even 1.35v I probably have to set over 1.4vcore and that means it will idle waaay above that, probably close to 1.5v.
Of course, this is only problematic when overclocking the cpu to its potential.. on lower speeds most runs fine well under 1.3v.

Ram I haven't tested much yet, only have a 2400mhz kit for now anyway.

Other than this it isn't much bad to say, board has a great layout. thumb.gif

Pcie 1x on top, then 16x, then a 4x full slot with an extra exp slot in between the 16x, this is perfect for me.
It has both m2 ultra and m2 slots, 4 sata ports and lots of usb3 ports.

Lets hope they're adding a load line option in the bios soon, so we can make our cpu's and vrm's sweat a little biggrin.gif

not sure what the issue is there, but I did not have any such Vdroop issues on my 1600.
post #15 of 18
What voltage did you use?
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamw View Post

I just got the AB350M a few days ago along with a r7 1700.

Pretty nice board, but there is one thing that needs to be fixed, or added I should say.. Load Line Calibration in the bios.
The vdroop under load is insane. I set 1.375vcore and idle it reads 1.41v, then when I put load on it, it drops to 1.31v! mad.gif

That is fu*kin ridiculous! To get 1.375v load , or even 1.35v I probably have to set over 1.4vcore and that means it will idle waaay above that, probably close to 1.5v.
Of course, this is only problematic when overclocking the cpu to its potential.. on lower speeds most runs fine well under 1.3v.

Ram I haven't tested much yet, only have a 2400mhz kit for now anyway.

Other than this it isn't much bad to say, board has a great layout. thumb.gif

Pcie 1x on top, then 16x, then a 4x full slot with an extra exp slot in between the 16x, this is perfect for me.
It has both m2 ultra and m2 slots, 4 sata ports and lots of usb3 ports.

Lets hope they're adding a load line option in the bios soon, so we can make our cpu's and vrm's sweat a little biggrin.gif

I am having even worse vdroop with my 1700x. Currently the voltage is set to 1.35v by default, but running a x.265 encode with handbrake it is dropping into the into 1.17~v territory without any overclock. When the chip is idle the vcore will hit 1.5v, thankfully it does not stay there. It is frustrating since I was hoping to overclock the 1700x to 3.8 or 3.9 and I have had good luck with Asrock boards in the past mad.gif

LLC cannot come soon enough!
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatarra09 View Post

not sure what the issue is there, but I did not have any such Vdroop issues on my 1600.

Keep in mind current and power demand for a hexcore is about 20% less.




http://www.anandtech.com/show/11244/the-amd-ryzen-5-1600x-vs-core-i5-review-twelve-threads-vs-four/2
Workstation stuff
(407 photos)
SpecViewperf 12.0.1
(117 photos)
PGA 1331
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Zen SR7 octocore (Ryzen 7 1700) Overclockable AM4 motherboard X370 To be determined , AMD Vega? 2x8GB DDR4 low-profile or heatsink-less 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro / 960 Evo / 960 Pro 256GB or 51... Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD Storage Black or black+white Twin tower air cooler or s... EK Vardar F2-140 140mm, Phanteks PH-F140SP 140m... 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 (included with case) Win 10 Pro 64 bit 4K monitor with Freesync EVGA Supernova G3/P2 750W or 850W 
Case
Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation stuff
(407 photos)
SpecViewperf 12.0.1
(117 photos)
PGA 1331
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Zen SR7 octocore (Ryzen 7 1700) Overclockable AM4 motherboard X370 To be determined , AMD Vega? 2x8GB DDR4 low-profile or heatsink-less 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro / 960 Evo / 960 Pro 256GB or 51... Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD Storage Black or black+white Twin tower air cooler or s... EK Vardar F2-140 140mm, Phanteks PH-F140SP 140m... 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 (included with case) Win 10 Pro 64 bit 4K monitor with Freesync EVGA Supernova G3/P2 750W or 850W 
Case
Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntldTek37 View Post

I am having even worse vdroop with my 1700x. Currently the voltage is set to 1.35v by default, but running a x.265 encode with handbrake it is dropping into the into 1.17~v territory without any overclock. When the chip is idle the vcore will hit 1.5v, thankfully it does not stay there. It is frustrating since I was hoping to overclock the 1700x to 3.8 or 3.9 and I have had good luck with Asrock boards in the past mad.gif

LLC cannot come soon enough!

Well the agesa 1006 bios update is hopefully right around the corner, hopefully it solves the memory issues and adds LLC smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ASRock AB350M Pro4...Any Good?