Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › *HELP* XSPC Raystorm stripped hole
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*HELP* XSPC Raystorm stripped hole - Page 2

post #11 of 52
if you want to re-tap you can ofc use the same screw that is the stock one. You only drill alittle bigger hole, insert the right tap for the screw you got and tada. ( well take the tada with a pinch of salt cause if you mess it up... well... )
post #12 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooked CPU View Post

if you want to re-tap you can ofc use the same screw that is the stock one. You only drill alittle bigger hole, insert the right tap for the screw you got and tada. ( well take the tada with a pinch of salt cause if you mess it up... well... )


That's why I was leaning more toward the silicone gasket. I figured I could just slap some on and screw through it and let it go. I'll just re do the gasket when I take it apart again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #13 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by DsixS View Post

That's why I was leaning more toward the silicone gasket. I figured I could just slap some on and screw through it and let it go. I'll just re do the gasket when I take it apart again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's probably the easiest way, not the prettiest but easiest thumb.gif
post #14 of 52
Re-tap is a not a easy job if you don't have experience, you can easily damage the waterblock permanently. Silicone gasked will do the job and in a watercooling will last "forever" thumb.gif
Lili-chan
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4790K @ 4.5Ghz - WC ASUS Z97A EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 Founders Edition + EKWB F... Corsair Vengance 2x8 2400Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Green 1TB WD Blue 1TB Samsung EVO 840 250GB No they are just horrible 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom Watercooling Windows 10 Samsung 2333T Kingston Hyper X FPS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic M12 750W LIAN LI PC A05N Razer Deathadder 4G - 2013 A few 
Audio
Native Instrument Audio 2 DJ 
  hide details  
Reply
Lili-chan
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4790K @ 4.5Ghz - WC ASUS Z97A EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 Founders Edition + EKWB F... Corsair Vengance 2x8 2400Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Green 1TB WD Blue 1TB Samsung EVO 840 250GB No they are just horrible 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom Watercooling Windows 10 Samsung 2333T Kingston Hyper X FPS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic M12 750W LIAN LI PC A05N Razer Deathadder 4G - 2013 A few 
Audio
Native Instrument Audio 2 DJ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexer View Post

Re-tap is a not a easy job if you don't have experience, you can easily damage the waterblock permanently. Silicone gasked will do the job and in a watercooling will last "forever" thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0oMeR View Post

Yeah that's probably the easiest way, not the prettiest but easiest thumb.gif

So I just did a water leak test for the last 4 hours without doing anything to the block. It hasn't leaked yet. Do you think it's still worth it to pull it all back apart and put the gasket on even if the screw is holding? Or should I just not mess with it since it's okay now and just worry about it next time I clean in ~ a year
post #16 of 52
Thread Starter 
Just let it run over night and there were no leaks. Think it's good?
post #17 of 52
Well if it was leaking, and now it has somehow stopped... without you doing mutch... err... I would take it apart and see what made it leak in the first place and "fix" that so it does not start to leak again and mess up the computer
post #18 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooked CPU View Post

Well if it was leaking, and now it has somehow stopped... without you doing mutch... err... I would take it apart and see what made it leak in the first place and "fix" that so it does not start to leak again and mess up the computer

I took the block apart yesterday and I kind of popped the o-ring all the way around with my fingernail and idk if that made it kind of get "un-flattened" or what but it hasn't leaked. I'm going to let it run over the weekend while I'm gone
post #19 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by DsixS View Post

I took the block apart yesterday and I kind of popped the o-ring all the way around with my fingernail and idk if that made it kind of get "un-flattened" or what but it hasn't leaked. I'm going to let it run over the weekend while I'm gone

If it doesn't leak overnight , it probably won't randomly start leaking randomly.

Water can really move through cracks, so definitely if any existed atm it would've definitely been moist at the very least. I'm sure your good, further testing just puts your mind at ease.
post #20 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0oMeR View Post

If it doesn't leak overnight , it probably won't randomly start leaking randomly.

Water can really move through cracks, so definitely if any existed atm it would've definitely been moist at the very least. I'm sure your good, further testing just puts your mind at ease.

I mean my 1080 Ti isn't here yet so I might as well let it run over the weekend just to be sure. I put a piece of lined notebook paper under it to better show if it got wet. But yeah I had the pump on the 5 setting all night and nothing came out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › *HELP* XSPC Raystorm stripped hole