Originally Posted by Mora
Fantastic build, I'm so jealous of all those nice machines you have to work with!
I like the way you sealed the cable sleeves with glue, I think I'll have to steal that idea, it looks so much neater than heat shrink.
Thanks! I can't say how happy and grateful I am that my chef allows me to use these machines. Feel free to copy as much ideas as you want to, this why we're all sharing our worklogs, aren't we? I'm quite confident with the outcome of this experiment, looks good and works very well. But be careful about choosing the right glue. I used a 2k-glue with a low viscosity, which was able to fill all the small gaps within the sleeve.
Originally Posted by mAs81
I just love how the cable chains look...It's really coming all together now,isn't it?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also,if I'm right,kudos on your avatar-I loved the Gothic series
Thanks! Then you are going to love this update! And you're right, the case is visibly growing and it's great to see some parts and ideas coming alive on which I was working for month. I'm only one update away from bringing this worklog to the actual state. After this updates will take longer. Good point is, I'm far away from finishing my project, so there will be a lot of updates in the future Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You're right again, this is my tribute to one (two) of my all-time favourits: Gothic 1 & 2!
I turned my focus back to the energy chains and some minor issues which aren’t easy to photograph. I had to rework the end part of the energy chains to increase their bend angle to 90°.
I milled a framework for the ATX and USB energy chains. Photo shows work in progress, grinding of the inner edges isn’t finished.
Then I got impatient, couldn’t wait anymore and assembled all three energy chains. I have to unmount them again, but that’s worth it.