Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › 4k gaming rig need help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

4k gaming rig need help - Page 8

post #71 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessmyantidrug View Post

If a card can average over 60 frames per second, it can handle the resolution. Regardless Pascal is perfectly acceptable for 1440p and would be my recommendation. It would be silly to wait.

You don't buy a 1440p/165 Hz monitor to play in the 30-80 fps range. In more demading games, RX 580 is not even able to hit 60 fps avg 1440p. 1080 non-Ti is the bare minimum IMO.











1080 Ti is not overkill for 1440p/100+ fps/Hz.
Edited by Lass3 - 4/29/17 at 2:54am
Golden Ivy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K @ 5 GHz Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H 980 Ti @ 1580/2000 2x 8GB G.Skill @ 2400/CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x 850 Evo 500 GB Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Asus PG258Q 1080p/240Hz TN 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
Dell U2515H 1440p/60Hz AH-IPS Logitech G610 MX-Red + O-Rings EVGA SuperNova G2 850W Logitech G403 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Philips Fidelio X1 
  hide details  
Reply
Golden Ivy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K @ 5 GHz Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H 980 Ti @ 1580/2000 2x 8GB G.Skill @ 2400/CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x 850 Evo 500 GB Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Asus PG258Q 1080p/240Hz TN 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
Dell U2515H 1440p/60Hz AH-IPS Logitech G610 MX-Red + O-Rings EVGA SuperNova G2 850W Logitech G403 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Philips Fidelio X1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 76
I had a GTX 1070 that was defective but i did manage to test more then 30 games in 1440P and almost none of those games would hit 165 FPS with everything cranked up
Since the GTX 1070 was defective i sent it back got a refund and bought a GTX 1080 and that card is about 30% faster then the GTX 1070

If anyone cares i can show my 1440P gaming GTX 1070 test results
As i said the GTX 1080 is about 30% faster so if you want to know how the GTX 1080 does just add 30% to those numbers

I can post them if anyone cares? i also have my test results from all my older video cards going all the way back to the Radoen 7950.
Seravee
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD40EZRX  WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB LG CH12NS30 5x Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit Asus PG279Q Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone XTD Laser Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
Seravee
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD40EZRX  WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB LG CH12NS30 5x Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit Asus PG279Q Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone XTD Laser Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lass3 View Post

You don't buy a 1440p/165 Hz monitor to play in the 30-80 fps range. In more demading games, RX 580 is not even able to hit 60 fps avg 1440p. 1080 non-Ti is the bare minimum IMO.

1080 Ti is not overkill for 1440p/100+ fps/Hz.

You show graphs of medium graphics cards playing the most demanding games at low framerates at a high resolution.
No idea how this in any way supports any of your statements, except perhaps your first: you do want to get at least 60fps avg if you play to game at 1440p with a 144Hz monitor.
That can be done with the RX 580 for many games, but to get 60fps avg at 1440p you'll need something more powerful. 1080 would be fine, 1080Ti is overkill. Doesn't matter which, as I have already said, because 4K is the next step down the road for this system.
post #74 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by furdieur View Post

You show graphs of medium graphics cards playing the most demanding games at low framerates at a high resolution.
No idea how this in any way supports any of your statements, except perhaps your first: you do want to get at least 60fps avg if you play to game at 1440p with a 144Hz monitor.
That can be done with the RX 580 for many games, but to get 60fps avg at 1440p you'll need something more powerful. 1080 would be fine, 1080Ti is overkill. Doesn't matter which, as I have already said, because 4K is the next step down the road for this system.

I did that because someone claimed Polaris could do 1440p flawlessly.
But even RX 580 fails to hit 60 fps in demanding games at 1440p.

I would never settle with 60 fps average when using a 100+ Hz monitor. It's pointless. There will be dips to lower 40s, maybe even 30's. You'll never see the true benefit of higher Hz.

1080 Ti is not overkill for 1440p/144Hz.
100 fps minimum should be the goal and with games maxed out, even a 1080 Ti will struggle in some games. It will only get worse and worse as new, more demanding games, comes out. No such thing as overkill with a single GPU when using 100+ Hz at 1440p, atleast not with current GPU's..







Edited by Lass3 - 5/1/17 at 1:20am
Golden Ivy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K @ 5 GHz Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H 980 Ti @ 1580/2000 2x 8GB G.Skill @ 2400/CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x 850 Evo 500 GB Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Asus PG258Q 1080p/240Hz TN 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
Dell U2515H 1440p/60Hz AH-IPS Logitech G610 MX-Red + O-Rings EVGA SuperNova G2 850W Logitech G403 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Philips Fidelio X1 
  hide details  
Reply
Golden Ivy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K @ 5 GHz Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H 980 Ti @ 1580/2000 2x 8GB G.Skill @ 2400/CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x 850 Evo 500 GB Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Asus PG258Q 1080p/240Hz TN 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
Dell U2515H 1440p/60Hz AH-IPS Logitech G610 MX-Red + O-Rings EVGA SuperNova G2 850W Logitech G403 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Philips Fidelio X1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 76
I didn't say Polaris is "flawless" at 1440p, I said Polaris can handle 1440p just fine. No rule says you have to play games with every setting maxed.
post #76 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lass3 View Post

I did that because someone claimed Polaris could do 1440p flawlessly.
But even RX 580 fails to hit 60 fps in demanding games at 1440p.

I would never settle with 60 fps average when using a 100+ Hz monitor. It's pointless. There will be dips to lower 40s, maybe even 30's. You'll never see the true benefit of higher Hz.

1080 Ti is not overkill for 1440p/144Hz.
100 fps minimum should be the goal and with games maxed out, even a 1080 Ti will struggle in some games. It will only get worse and worse as new, more demanding games, comes out. No such thing as overkill with a single GPU when using 100+ Hz at 1440p, atleast not with current GPU's..
-Nobody claimed Polaris was flawless at 1440p nor did anyone claim that 1080 Ti can play every game at 144Hz at 1440p.
-RX 580 can hit 60 FPS in demanding games, turn down your settings. Also, demanding can just mean 'poorly-optimized'...
I agree with everything else, however. 100+ Hz matters when you've got high end hardware and a 144Hz monitor, it's true. Really depends what games OP is going to play, but this seems like a useless discussion regardless. I mean, what else would you do? Titan Xp? The joke that is SLI?

If you go water cooled you might be able to get some nice overclocking off, which could boost framerates significantly. It would be a lot of money for relatively negligible performance, of course.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › 4k gaming rig need help