I've always liked WW2-era games and I'm really hoping they make use of DLC in bringing us new campaigns, because I'd definitely pay for something like that. And I'm hoping they explore some of the history that hasn't really been touched on in the past with WW2 FPS's. Since it appears to start with a US campaign, I dare say it will kick off with Normandy. After that I'd like to see them look at other options, such as:
1. The British/Commonwealth's efforts in the Pacific, including Burma, the fall of Singapore, and culminating with the Kokoda campaign in PNG;
2. Japan's efforts in the Pacific at the time when they were in retreat (e.g. Guam, Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, Mindanao, which would be an intense, high-action defensive campaign. Take advantage of that never surrender idea, plus make it about tunnels, CQB, digging in, night time raids etc);
3. Germany's initial invasion into Poland and the Battle of France;
4. A joint Italy/Germany campaign that focusses on North Africa and the defense of Italy and Siciliy;
5. Germany's defence of Normandy;
6. A campaign that focusses on the Allied resistance, which is about disrupting supply lines, planting misinformation, assasinations, etc;
7. The efforts of British commandos to win the war;
8. Japan in China;
9. Russia and the race to Berlin.
10. A joint German/Russian Battle of Stalingrad campaign.
Will be interested to see what they come up with.