Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › upgrade to z87 now or wait for z170 later?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

upgrade to z87 now or wait for z170 later? - Page 2

post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

would you go with a z87 now for half what is the z170 price or go with z170 later?

If you don't mind not having the latest tech, I say go for the Z87. I'm not concerned that much about having the latest tech as long my needs are satisfied. The only reason I upgrade from Sandy Bridge to Kabylake was because I got an awesome deal for the mobo & cpu & still have an upgrade path. With that Z87 ASRock you're considering, you can use all 4 pcie slots for crossfire only but it will be a pcie 3.0 for (3) slots while the 4th slot will be pcie 2.0. If you know that the Z87 performance will satisfy you at the end of the day, I say forget what people think, save some cash & buy it OR you can wait longer until you find a deal with the Z1270 or Z270 mobo & cpu.
Edited by drBlahMan - 4/23/17 at 8:16am
tHe pREciSiOn
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4340M  Intel QM87 FirePro M5100 GSkill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO mSATA  Toshiba OCZ TL150 Windows 10 Pro x64 FHD 15.6 IPS | 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
tHe pREciSiOn
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4340M  Intel QM87 FirePro M5100 GSkill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO mSATA  Toshiba OCZ TL150 Windows 10 Pro x64 FHD 15.6 IPS | 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBlahMan View Post

If you don't mind not having the latest tech, I say go for the Z87. I'm not concerned that much about having the latest tech as long my needs are satisfied. The only reason I upgrade from Sandy Bridge to Kabylake was because I go an awesome deal for the mobo & cpu & still have an upgrade path. With that Z87 ASRock you're considering, you can use all 4 pcie slots for crossfire only but it will be a pcie 3.0 for (3) slots while the 4th slot will be pcie 2.0. If you know that the Z87 performance will satisfy you at the end of the day, I say forget what people think, save some cash & buy it OR you can wait longer until you find a deal with the Z1270 or Z270 mobo & cpu.
yeah I was thinking about that, what makes me doubt it is that z170 might ge ta 6c12t cpu with coffee lake
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

yeah I was thinking about that, what makes me doubt it is that z170 might ge ta 6c12t cpu with coffee lake

I'm hoping Intel releases a 6-core cpu for the Z270 but if they don't, I'll be happy with the 7700k when it's time for me to upgrade from this 7350k which has been surprisingly fun to use so far biggrin.gif
tHe pREciSiOn
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4340M  Intel QM87 FirePro M5100 GSkill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO mSATA  Toshiba OCZ TL150 Windows 10 Pro x64 FHD 15.6 IPS | 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
tHe pREciSiOn
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4340M  Intel QM87 FirePro M5100 GSkill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO mSATA  Toshiba OCZ TL150 Windows 10 Pro x64 FHD 15.6 IPS | 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › upgrade to z87 now or wait for z170 later?