Overclock.net › Forums › Manufacturer Forums › EK Water Blocks › EK-KIT L240 (R2.0) questions?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EK-KIT L240 (R2.0) questions?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Hi, I'm looking forward to buying this kit.https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-l240-1

I currently have a h220x2 prestige swiftech, but I see that the EK-KIT is much easier and friendlier to install ..

1-would be a good change?

2- Later you could upgrade to this cpu block https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-supremacy-evo-nickel

3- I can use the 45º adapter of my swiftech in the ekwb cpu block (http://www.swiftech.com/45degree-Swivel-Elbow-adapter-2.aspx)

4- This tube works for the kit
Https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A0Q55MC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1


5-Later on, can I change the pump for a more powerful pump without changing the radiator?

thanks..
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caos View Post

Hi, I'm looking forward to buying this kit.https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-l240-1

I currently have a h220x2 prestige swiftech, but I see that the EK-KIT is much easier and friendlier to install ..

1-would be a good change?

2- Later you could upgrade to this cpu block https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-supremacy-evo-nickel

3- I can use the 45º adapter of my swiftech in the ekwb cpu block (http://www.swiftech.com/45degree-Swivel-Elbow-adapter-2.aspx)

4- This tube works for the kit
Https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A0Q55MC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1


5-Later on, can I change the pump for a more powerful pump without changing the radiator?

thanks..

  1. I can't answer this question because i'm kinda biased. wink.gif
  2. Yes, you could even just buy this : https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-supremacy-evo-upgrade-kit-plexi
  3. Yes
  4. Yes
  5. Yes
Silent Watcher
(9 items)
 
Eclipse
(7 items)
 
Lady Sif
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7-6800K Asus Rampage V Edition X99 Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING 
RAMCoolingOSPower
G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (8 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 EK Custom Dual Loop Windows 10 Home Corsair AX860i 860W 80PLUS Platinum 
Case
be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-6700K Gigabyte Z170X-SOC Force Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 
RAMPowerCase
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-... EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200w Parvum L1.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K EVGA Z97 Stinger WiFi EVGA GTX 980 Superclock G. Skill Ripjaws Z 8Gb DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveCase
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB SSD EK-Vulture 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent Watcher
(9 items)
 
Eclipse
(7 items)
 
Lady Sif
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7-6800K Asus Rampage V Edition X99 Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING 
RAMCoolingOSPower
G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (8 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 EK Custom Dual Loop Windows 10 Home Corsair AX860i 860W 80PLUS Platinum 
Case
be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-6700K Gigabyte Z170X-SOC Force Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 
RAMPowerCase
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-... EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200w Parvum L1.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K EVGA Z97 Stinger WiFi EVGA GTX 980 Superclock G. Skill Ripjaws Z 8Gb DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveCase
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB SSD EK-Vulture 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira749 View Post

  1. I can't answer this question because i'm kinda biased. wink.gif
  2. Yes, you could even just buy this : https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-supremacy-evo-upgrade-kit-plexi
  3. Yes
  4. Yes
  5. Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira749 View Post

  1. I can't answer this question because i'm kinda biased. wink.gif
  2. Yes, you could even just buy this : https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-supremacy-evo-upgrade-kit-plexi
  3. Yes
  4. Yes
  5. Yes


Thanks for the reply .. this week I will do with the ..

But I see another kit I find more complete and more expensive too. Https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-p240

Is there much difference with the cheaper?
post #4 of 6
5- Why changing the Pump? it is one of the bests on the market an I would hope that EK sell it separately.

-The 18W DDC is complete overkill and tends to die the head-dead
-The 10W DDC ist very good, but a little noisy, so most out there slow the Pump down, to make it less noisy

-The 6W DDC Version in this Kit, has more than enough Power for some radiators and is at stock rpm (around 3000rpm) very quiet, so no need for regulation. Because it is the same base motor as the other Version, there is enough headroom.

I use that pump for a Fullcover GPU, a CPU Block, 1x120mm slim Radi, 1x240mm slim Radi and a 240mm medium Radi.
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caos View Post


Thanks for the reply .. this week I will do with the ..

But I see another kit I find more complete and more expensive too. Https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-p240

Is there much difference with the cheaper?

The L kit and the P kit, shares the same radiator. But the P kit, gives you an EVO block out of the box instead of the MX. You get a D5 pump which is stronger (and bigger) than the DDC 3.1 MX pump. And you get clear tubing instead of the black ZMT.

The 2 main cost differences is for the pump. It's about a 50$ increase for the stronger pump. And the CPU block upgrade is another 20$.


Both kits are fine but the P kit, will sort out points #2, #4 and #5 in your list, right out of the box.

It becomes a more personnal and financial choice.
Silent Watcher
(9 items)
 
Eclipse
(7 items)
 
Lady Sif
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7-6800K Asus Rampage V Edition X99 Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING 
RAMCoolingOSPower
G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (8 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 EK Custom Dual Loop Windows 10 Home Corsair AX860i 860W 80PLUS Platinum 
Case
be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-6700K Gigabyte Z170X-SOC Force Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 
RAMPowerCase
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-... EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200w Parvum L1.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K EVGA Z97 Stinger WiFi EVGA GTX 980 Superclock G. Skill Ripjaws Z 8Gb DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveCase
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB SSD EK-Vulture 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent Watcher
(9 items)
 
Eclipse
(7 items)
 
Lady Sif
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7-6800K Asus Rampage V Edition X99 Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING 
RAMCoolingOSPower
G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (8 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 EK Custom Dual Loop Windows 10 Home Corsair AX860i 860W 80PLUS Platinum 
Case
be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-6700K Gigabyte Z170X-SOC Force Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 
RAMPowerCase
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-... EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200w Parvum L1.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K EVGA Z97 Stinger WiFi EVGA GTX 980 Superclock G. Skill Ripjaws Z 8Gb DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveCase
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB SSD EK-Vulture 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcDaniel View Post

5- Why changing the Pump? it is one of the bests on the market an I would hope that EK sell it separately.

-The 18W DDC is complete overkill and tends to die the head-dead
-The 10W DDC ist very good, but a little noisy, so most out there slow the Pump down, to make it less noisy

-The 6W DDC Version in this Kit, has more than enough Power for some radiators and is at stock rpm (around 3000rpm) very quiet, so no need for regulation. Because it is the same base motor as the other Version, there is enough headroom.

I use that pump for a Fullcover GPU, a CPU Block, 1x120mm slim Radi, 1x240mm slim Radi and a 240mm medium Radi.


I understand, it's just a query in case you need more power in the future
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira749 View Post

The L kit and the P kit, shares the same radiator. But the P kit, gives you an EVO block out of the box instead of the MX. You get a D5 pump which is stronger (and bigger) than the DDC 3.1 MX pump. And you get clear tubing instead of the black ZMT.

The 2 main cost differences is for the pump. It's about a 50$ increase for the stronger pump. And the CPU block upgrade is another 20$.


Both kits are fine but the P kit, will sort out points #2, #4 and #5 in your list, right out of the box.

It becomes a more personnal and financial choice.

Thank you very much for answering, if I am investigating, and if they are included the points # 2, # 4 and # 5,
What do you think about buying it?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAC8W4Z05980&ignorebbr=1

more

http://www.performance-pcs.com/primoflex-advanced-lrt-10ft-tubing-3-8in-id-x-5-8in-od-crystal-clear.html
http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-uni-pump-bracket-120mm-fan-vertical.html
http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-cryofuel-navy-blue-concentrate-100-ml.html
http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-supremacy-evo-cpu-water-block-nickel-plexi.html

Which is better nickel or copper?
I will leave the same thing as the KIT L
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: EK Water Blocks
Overclock.net › Forums › Manufacturer Forums › EK Water Blocks › EK-KIT L240 (R2.0) questions?