Overclock.net › Forums › Manufacturer Forums › EK Water Blocks › It seems like my new EK Supremacy Evo have brushed scratches on surface
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It seems like my new EK Supremacy Evo have brushed scratches on surface

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Hello, I recently bought the EK P280 kit which have the EK Supremacy Evo inside ofcourse, and after i've peeld off the sticker from the heatsink surface i've noticed in some certian light condition that there are TONS of tiny scratches on it, like as if someone brushed the surface with something. Is this normal?

I also wanted to post a photo of the block's surface, but these tiny scratches won't be visible on the camera..
post #2 of 8
Really hard to help without the photo ... :/
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrejEKWB View Post

Really hard to help without the photo ... :/

Let's say something like that, but the lines are not straight, they are angled at some way.. (some of them are straight, some not) like if someone brushed it. And i'm not over reacting, it's literly like this and arrived *as new* inside P280 kit.


Edited by metalsnaker - 4/26/17 at 8:03am
post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
It's been a while now.. So, What's EK response to this?
post #5 of 8
did you mount it? I'll check mine later today, but that might be from the CNC machine.

ps: how do your jet plates look? mine have a dent :/ (see my post in the EK section)
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapsna View Post

did you mount it? I'll check mine later today, but that might be from the CNC machine.

ps: how do your jet plates look? mine have a dent :/ (see my post in the EK section)

I've mount it yes, temps on peak with 1.365V 7700K can reach 70-75 celcius or more on Realbench stress test. on normal benchmark test it tops 70.

I didn't look how the jet plate inside the block looks like, since it was ready to install as-is for 7700k... should I have done something about it? to open it and do something?
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsnaker View Post

I've mount it yes, temps on peak with 1.365V 7700K can reach 70-75 celcius or more on Realbench stress test. on normal benchmark test it tops 70.

I didn't look how the jet plate inside the block looks like, since it was ready to install as-is for 7700k... should I have done something about it? to open it and do something?

Hi, my water blook looked the same, I mounted it like that because that is probably the CNC/Polishing.

If it was ready to install, then yon did not have to do anything, in my case, the cpu is a 6700K so I needed to use the plate 2, but it had a dent, so in the end, I used the one that comes inside the block from factory. I will finish mounting the loop today.
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapsna View Post

Hi, my water blook looked the same, I mounted it like that because that is probably the CNC/Polishing.

If it was ready to install, then yon did not have to do anything, in my case, the cpu is a 6700K so I needed to use the plate 2, but it had a dent, so in the end, I used the one that comes inside the block from factory. I will finish mounting the loop today.

I bought the kit and in the manual of the water block it says it comes pre-installed for 15xx chips (which is also 6700k) so I hope I wasnt wrong.. and yes, my jet plates came bent also (the ones in the bag).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: EK Water Blocks
Overclock.net › Forums › Manufacturer Forums › EK Water Blocks › It seems like my new EK Supremacy Evo have brushed scratches on surface