Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Reservoir choice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reservoir choice - Page 2

post #11 of 15
The MMRS with two 50mm tubes and a center coupler fits like this and mounts in the existing holes. Sits just off the floor, and leaves ample room to fill. The ports can be faced in different directions, and you can do a coupler with no ports and a top with multiple ports if you prefer that. Don't mind the mess, this was while trying to figure out best tube and drain routing.


Edited by ciarlatano - 4/29/17 at 9:08am
post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

The MMRS with two 50mm tubes and a center coupler fits like this and mounts in the existing holes. Sits just off the floor, and leaves ample room to fill. The ports can be faced in different directions, and you can do a coupler with no ports and a top with multiple ports if you prefer that. Don't mind the mess, this was while trying to figure out best tube and drain routing.

 

Cool! Why did you opt for two 50mm tubes that are coupled instead of just one whole 100mm tube?

 

I plan on using the 280mm rad in front so I have to leave the midplate open and maybe use the extra space so that the only the pump top will be above the midplate for tube routing. In that case, I don't think I would be able to use the existing mount holes as the pump cover will interfere with the PSU shroud. I'm thinking something like this: http://www.overclock.net/t/1598825/phanteks-enthoo-evolv-atx/880#post_26056277

 

Thoughts?

post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Cool! Why did you opt for two 50mm tubes that are coupled instead of just one whole 100mm tube?

I plan on using the 280mm rad in front so I have to leave the midplate open and maybe use the extra space so that the only the pump top will be above the midplate for tube routing. In that case, I don't think I would be able to use the existing mount holes as the pump cover will interfere with the PSU shroud. I'm thinking something like this: http://www.overclock.net/t/1598825/phanteks-enthoo-evolv-atx/880#post_26056277

Thoughts?

I used the two 50mm due to the fact that I wanted the inlet on the coupler, and the sizing was absolutely perfect. The fact that it lined up with existing mounting holes was a happy coincidence.

If you do a front rad, there isn't room in the midplate cut out to drop the pump through without enlarging the hole. If you like that look, go for it. I'm really not a fan of the look, and I use the drive cage, but that is a purely personal thing.
post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post


I used the two 50mm due to the fact that I wanted the inlet on the coupler, and the sizing was absolutely perfect. The fact that it lined up with existing mounting holes was a happy coincidence.

If you do a front rad, there isn't room in the midplate cut out to drop the pump through without enlarging the hole. If you like that look, go for it. I'm really not a fan of the look, and I use the drive cage, but that is a purely personal thing.

 

I see.

 

When you say there isn't room, are you solely talking about the MMRS pump cover not fitting there even though mounted on a rad?

 

These are two examples of rad-mounted pump/res assembly that fitted that midplate cut out:

 

http://cdn.overclock.net/4/4d/900x900px-LL-4d991f79_IMG_2549.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/d/d6/900x900px-LL-d68d8344_20170426_130357.jpeg

post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

What pump do you actually use and do you know what is flow rate you have in your loop with two GTS rads?

Flow rate I don't know off the top of my head. I have two swiftech D5 with Speed control installed(Set to 2). I have allot of radiators in my PC.

2x 240
1x480
2x360 (GTS)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Reservoir choice