Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [KitGuru] AMD Radeon RX Vega caught hiding in plain sight
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[KitGuru] AMD Radeon RX Vega caught hiding in plain sight - Page 40

post #391 of 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZan View Post

The bold bit as a specific point can reasonably be considered 'a fail'. That != Polaris failing on its own merits.

Also note that it's a failure to customers, not to AMD the company. The goals of AMD are different than their customers'.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus z87AR R9 290 4GB Sapphire Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Black Corsair 240GB SSD Asus crappy drive Windows 8 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 1080p 24" IPS Panel Ducky Shining Red Cherry MX [Blue LED] 700 Watt Cooler Master PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech 502 Proteus Core Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus z87AR R9 290 4GB Sapphire Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Black Corsair 240GB SSD Asus crappy drive Windows 8 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 1080p 24" IPS Panel Ducky Shining Red Cherry MX [Blue LED] 700 Watt Cooler Master PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech 502 Proteus Core Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #392 of 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by helis4life View Post

Youre going to have to qualify that with some specific information, otherwise its hubris as you cant possibly know who browses these forums or their qualifications.
And thats not an unreasonable assessment. But youve said it. Over and over, thread after thread. We get it. But to make a determination on their product and execution before it is launched
is pointless. You claim to be unbiased because you own some amd products, but then insist they must meet X target or they have failed because of a poster in a video.

I promise you this, if they release a 1080 performance card for 400 dollars, NO ONE will give a damn about poor volta in a video months ago. Except you of course. And maybe one other. And then you can finally buy your nvidia god card



History is not a reliable predictor of future events, bulldozer > ryzen is an apt example

Except 1080 already is 400$ and below in some places. It would be a failure on pricing and performance wise if Vega were to match that.
post #393 of 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSomPa View Post

Also note that it's a failure to customers, not to AMD the company. The goals of AMD are different than their customers'.


That is a distinction some on this forum are unable to understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickyvida View Post

Except 1080 already is 400$ and below in some places. It would be a failure on pricing and performance wise if Vega were to match that.

yeah..... nah
post #394 of 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by helis4life View Post

That is a distinction some on this forum are unable to understand
yeah..... nah


I see logic defies you again. So if Vega can only offer 400$ 1080 performance that would be a fail because its going to match a card that is going on 2 years old in 2018 and then Volta will move in with the 1180 in the same year.

Besides, most 1080 currently retails for $400. Nvidia could cut the pricing on it further if it wanted to.
post #395 of 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickyvida View Post

I see logic defies you again. So if Vega can only offer 400$ 1080 performance that would be a fail because its going to match a card that is going on 2 years old in 2018 and then Volta will move in with the 1180 in the same year.

Besides, most 1080 currently retails for $400. Nvidia could cut the pricing on it further if it wanted to.


Yeah.... nah







Oh and the year is 2017 thumb.gif
post #396 of 664
There are still quite a few 1070's that retail over $400. The 1070 is $380-$430 and the 1080 is $480-$530, generally speaking.
Computer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080ti FE (EK block) CORSAIR Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Mushkin Reactor Custom Loop Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Ben Q BL3201PT Logitech G110 EVGA 1300w Thermatake Core P5 
MouseAudio
LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE Corsair 2100 
  hide details  
Reply
Computer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080ti FE (EK block) CORSAIR Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Mushkin Reactor Custom Loop Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Ben Q BL3201PT Logitech G110 EVGA 1300w Thermatake Core P5 
MouseAudio
LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE Corsair 2100 
  hide details  
Reply
post #397 of 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickyvida View Post

I see logic defies you again. So if Vega can only offer 400$ 1080 performance that would be a fail because its going to match a card that is going on 2 years old in 2018 and then Volta will move in with the 1180 in the same year.

Besides, most 1080 currently retails for $400. Nvidia could cut the pricing on it further if it wanted to.

1. 2018 is next year. Let's not be asinine with our dating.

2. You're drunk. NewEgg, Amazon, etc. all have the 1080 $500-800 before tax and shipping.
You could argue it can be found, some places, some how, for $400, but you specifically state "most" which is a bald faced lie.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 NVidia 560 RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz 
Hard Drive
SSD/HDD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 NVidia 560 RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz 
Hard Drive
SSD/HDD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #398 of 664
Thread Starter 
Edited because I don't want this to turn into a big argument lol wink.gif
Edited by black96ws6 - 5/3/17 at 7:40pm
post #399 of 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by black96ws6 View Post

Edited because I don't want this to turn into a big argument lol wink.gif


well regardless, the max discount for that code was 30 dollars, so the product was still above 400.l And in theory that code would also apply to an amd product
post #400 of 664
That's still before tax, before shipping, and not "MOST" as specified.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 NVidia 560 RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz 
Hard Drive
SSD/HDD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 NVidia 560 RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz 
Hard Drive
SSD/HDD 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [KitGuru] AMD Radeon RX Vega caught hiding in plain sight