Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Overclock 6700k 4.6mhz @ 1.325v Temp Check
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Overclock 6700k 4.6mhz @ 1.325v Temp Check

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
Hi All,

H100i V2
Using ASUS Game Boost on Z170-A to OC to 4.6mhz/1,325v


Ambient Temp - 70c
Max Temps with IBT - 82c
Max Temps with RealBench - 75c

How does this look? My days of manual OC are over I just figured I give the Game boost a shot..
Edited by pwspong - 5/1/17 at 10:20am
post #2 of 17
i wanna say they may be inline, but i think you may be able to unless it isn't a good chip run a little less vcore. really at this point if you want to go farther you need to de lid the cpu and use thermal grizz or the metal tim.
post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfig View Post

i wanna say they may be inline, but i think you may be able to unless it isn't a good chip run a little less vcore. really at this point if you want to go farther you need to de lid the cpu and use thermal grizz or the metal tim.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but does inline mean that this looks good? That's all I want to know if the temperatures are OK.

I passed Asus Real Bench and IBT
post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwspong View Post

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but does inline mean that this looks good? That's all I want to know if the temperatures are OK.

I passed Asus Real Bench and IBT
heh sorry little tired and i meant to put "fine". temps on intel are usually fine if under 90*c but i don't like getting that hot.

as reference min run the specs in sig and max around 65-68*c and that is with a 360 rad and a gpu in the loop.
Edited by bobfig - 5/1/17 at 10:32am
post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfig View Post

heh sorry little tired and i meant to put "fine". temps on intel are usually fine if under 90*c but i don't like getting that hot.

Thanks man, I know most people on here are fans of Manual OC but from what I've read the game boost knob on the new Asus boards actually do quite well but obviously push the voltage a little further for obvious reasons of stability.

Do you know if I can manual adjust voltage while using gameboost knob? I don't know if it's an all or nothing setting.

I don't know if it's worth it to mess around with if it looks good right now.
post #6 of 17
im not sure on how that knob works. i think i remember seeing a youtube back a few months that they may of said that you can save your settings to one of the clicks. i would just do some reading on how it works and if at worst take some picks of the bios and set everything back to stock, then manually set back and adjust from that.
post #7 of 17
also quick question in first post ambient temp 70c? is that idle processor or 70"F" room temp?
post #8 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfig View Post

im not sure on how that knob works. i think i remember seeing a youtube back a few months that they may of said that you can save your settings to one of the clicks. i would just do some reading on how it works and if at worst take some picks of the bios and set everything back to stock, then manually set back and adjust from that.

So If I remember correctly,

Can I just set to default:

Change Multiplier (46) & Voltage to let's say 1.3 or Do you suggest lower? and then from there test?

Or do I have to change other things as well? I haven't done a manual OC in years.
post #9 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfig View Post

also quick question in first post ambient temp 70c? is that idle processor or 70"F" room temp?


Ambient Room is 70c

Idle Temps are 22-28 depending on core

I did the X method with MX4 since it got my a few degrees less than pea method
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwspong View Post

So If I remember correctly,

Can I just set to default:

Change Multiplier (46) & Voltage to let's say 1.3 or Do you suggest lower? and then from there test?

Or do I have to change other things as well? I haven't done a manual OC in years.
pretty much just make sure your ram settings are at stock or rated speed, set multi to 46, set v core to a little lower then what you have and keep lowering testing each step for stability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwspong View Post

Ambient Room is 70c

Idle Temps are 22-28 depending on core

I did the X method with MX4 since it got my a few degrees less than pea method

umm 70c is like 158F. you must be in a boiler room or oven of some kind.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Overclock 6700k 4.6mhz @ 1.325v Temp Check