Originally Posted by aaman82
Hey Kevin, had a quick question in regards to this post. So the cases that you just shipped out what date of purchase are they from? Asking so i can estimate when i should be getting my case. I ordered On April 19th for an sma8 case.
Very sorry for the delay. My time is so focused on getting production backup that I don't have time to check on on the forums as much as I'd like. It would be best for you to email our new CSR Travis at Travis@caselabs.net for a estimated ship date on your order.
Originally Posted by Ninja Dabber
Its funny that caselabs isnt responding to the question. I ordered my sma8 on April 10th, about a week and half after you. I am guessing they shipping out orders from February. If you take a look at their website new orders are taking 9 to 10 weeks to process which is most likely 100% incorrect. How can new orders have a faster processing time than existing orders. And after the new orders are placed they will come up with another bs excuse saying they ran into production issues. Also most likely all those boxes being shipped earlier this week were for the resellers such as titan rig. Pissed off at this point i dont care for 50 % off accessories just send me my case.
These orders are from March, and I'm very sorry your are upset, I really am. Since I have come back things are truly getting back on track, but it will take time to get back to 100%. Titan Rig orders ship on multiple pallets, and I promise that those orders and parts you saw ship in this thread were indeed single customer orders. Lead times are 9-10 weeks even though you have been waiting longer than that because orders slowed down with the old 12-14 week lead time. This created larger gaps between case orders. If we condense these orders based on current shipping averages per day we actually get a number less than 9-10 weeks. We kept it at 9-10 weeks to make sure we weren't under quoting lead times if we should happen to run into any problems.
Here is were we are at now.
1. Our new CSR Travis started his first day on June 12th, and he can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org. Kevin (KC) just had his last day yesterday, and starting Monday is full time at MOD-ONE. He should not be confused with me even though I know having 2 Kevins is a little confusing.
2. We have more raw aluminum sheet than I have ever seen in the shop, EVER. Literally tons of it. This is the material we use to make the cases, and was acquired with the help of our new investor.
3. All machinery is running at 100%. No broken servo motors, gears, belts, tooling...etc. It's all working GREAT! (knock on wood) We also have a new maintenance plan with the manufacturer to help keep them going long term.
4. We are finishing up a massive overhaul on our inventory. Basically we are restructuring it from the ground up, and I'll be headed into the shop in about an hour to finish it up with some of our crew.
5. We are expanding our assembly area by removing some of our office space. This will create a separate packaging area from the assembly area. This will be a huge step in efficiency because these areas have always been shared. Meaning when packaging was happening, assembly had to basically stop. Now we will be able to keep both going all the time.
I know things have been difficult recently... Even when working at MOD-ONE exclusively it was hard to see and hear about the problems going on at CaseLabs. I'm here to fix that, and I've got a lot of good help. So please just bare with us for a little longer even though I know it's asking a lot.Edited by Kevin_CL - 6/17/17 at 8:22am