Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion - Page 559

post #5581 of 5967
Looks good, OCing your mesh seems like a logical next step to get more performance. 3.0-3.2ghz is what most people tend to get.

BTW, did you find your memory OC to be more stable with your VCCIO at 1.050 and VCCSA at 0.900? I have both of mine at 1.0v and can't get to 4000mhz memory without having loose timings. Kind of tired of messing with it but lowering my VCCSA is something I didn't try yet.
post #5582 of 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnathin View Post

Looks good, OCing your mesh seems like a logical next step to get more performance. 3.0-3.2ghz is what most people tend to get.

BTW, did you find your memory OC to be more stable with your VCCIO at 1.050 and VCCSA at 0.900? I have both of mine at 1.0v and can't get to 4000mhz memory without having loose timings. Kind of tired of messing with it but lowering my VCCSA is something I didn't try yet.

Ill say, I couldn't get anything above dual channel at 4000 without largely loosening the timings. I am currently running my 32 quad kit at 3800-t1-16-16-16-39-374 at 1.38v. My VCCSA is at auto currently running at .0805 and VCCIO at 1.010.
post #5583 of 5967
Thanks. I've currently got 3600mhz, 16-16-16-36-1-300. The secondary and tertiary timings were set using a profile on my motherboard, they are tighter than auto and improved bench scores a lot. I only have the trial version of AIDA64 so I don't get all the info but read bandwidth was around 100GB/s and memory latency was around 53ms. So far these are the best settings I could get stable.

Not bad but I feel like there is more left in it, just a little frustrating that it has become so elusive. Do you have AIDA64 bench results?
post #5584 of 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezric View Post

Ill say, I couldn't get anything above dual channel at 4000 without largely loosening the timings. I am currently running my 32 quad kit at 3800-t1-16-16-16-39-374 at 1.38v. My VCCSA is at auto currently running at .0805 and VCCIO at 1.010.

Hey quesiton on that, I'm using asrock timing configurator, and even at stock its showing DUAL for channels, is that just an error? I'm running 8x16gb sticks @ 128gb
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5585 of 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnathin View Post

Looks good, OCing your mesh seems like a logical next step to get more performance. 3.0-3.2ghz is what most people tend to get.

BTW, did you find your memory OC to be more stable with your VCCIO at 1.050 and VCCSA at 0.900? I have both of mine at 1.0v and can't get to 4000mhz memory without having loose timings. Kind of tired of messing with it but lowering my VCCSA is something I didn't try yet.

Thanks. Yes, mesh is next (last) on the list). I'm only using 360 AIO and I'm not sure the extra heat is worth it right now.

Regarding the memory OC, yes, I found that IO & SA at those voltages helped tremendously. I've been trying to get my kit to run @ 4k for a couple weeks with no success. I reached out to a couple members with the same kit and they pointed me to increasing SA to .9 to .95 as a starting point. Before that I was trying to run at around .8 (SA) and .1000 (IO) but was unsuccessful at 4k. I was also trying hard to match some other members timings here with 16-17-16-38(ish) however, I beat my head against a wall and today I just tried straight 17's which yielded great results for me. I know its not "the best" and I'm sure there is room for improvement but I spent more time down the rabbit hole than I expected and am going to enjoy where I'm at for a bit.

Something to consider with IO and SA is that they are fickle beasts. Every IMC is different and there is a bell curve; too much can be bad and too little can be just as bad. As the more senior members here have said (a million times I'm sure) memory OC'ing takes a lot of trial & error as well as patience!

EDIT: I guess I screwed up... I only used 10 instances of HCI memtest instead of the 20 needed for correct validation. I'll have to re-run the test tomorrow and see if I'm still in the clear. ugh!
Edited by GXTCHA - 11/22/17 at 7:15pm
x299
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 7900x ASUS Rampage VI Apex ASUS 1080ti OC 32gb g.skill 3600CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250gb Samsung 960 Evo 1TB Crucial MX300 Fractal Celsius S36 Win10 
Power
EVGA 1000w T2 
  hide details  
Reply
x299
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 7900x ASUS Rampage VI Apex ASUS 1080ti OC 32gb g.skill 3600CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250gb Samsung 960 Evo 1TB Crucial MX300 Fractal Celsius S36 Win10 
Power
EVGA 1000w T2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5586 of 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post

Hey quesiton on that, I'm using asrock timing configurator, and even at stock its showing DUAL for channels, is that just an error? I'm running 8x16gb sticks @ 128gb

When you open cpu-z memory tab, what does it say? What does bios say, they should all read quad. And yes aida should as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnathin View Post

Thanks. I've currently got 3600mhz, 16-16-16-36-1-300. The secondary and tertiary timings were set using a profile on my motherboard, they are tighter than auto and improved bench scores a lot. I only have the trial version of AIDA64 so I don't get all the info but read bandwidth was around 100GB/s and memory latency was around 53ms. So far these are the best settings I could get stable.

Not bad but I feel like there is more left in it, just a little frustrating that it has become so elusive. Do you have AIDA64 bench results?

Would you share the timings you've got. Ill show you mine, but I think yours are way better. I get somewhere around 100Gbs read with my settings.

edit: i have the trial of aida as well, so its not much of use to post a screen grab
Edited by Ezric - 11/22/17 at 9:41pm
post #5587 of 5967
Ok so been running prime past couple hours and despite voltage, settings and stock, I'm getting a hardware failure saying count should be 5 fatal hardware detected. Also even after applying the AVX disabled line in the config it still runs using AVX since I'm seeing my Offset being used.

Using prime 26.6 only allows 32 threads max, and was using 29.4b prior any suggestions on what to test, no bsod's or anything realbench runs fine for 2 hours along w/ xh264 loops x 10
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5588 of 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post

Ok so been running prime past couple hours and despite voltage, settings and stock, I'm getting a hardware failure saying count should be 5 fatal hardware detected. Also even after applying the AVX disabled line in the config it still runs using AVX since I'm seeing my Offset being used.

Using prime 26.6 only allows 32 threads max, and was using 29.4b prior any suggestions on what to test, no bsod's or anything realbench runs fine for 2 hours along w/ xh264 loops x 10

Paste your local.txt here, also which P95 version? Never seen that when correctly set. Maybe throttling? Try setting the CPU Current Capability to 240 % and setting long- and short duration power limits to their max settings.
post #5589 of 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by xarot View Post

Paste your local.txt here, also which P95 version? Never seen that when correctly set. Maybe throttling? Try setting the CPU Current Capability to 240 % and setting long- and short duration power limits to their max settings.

Running R6E how to dump to text? Also p95 29.4b and 26.6

is 240% even safe? LOL I thought that was for LN2 only, I have it at 200% atm.


Here we go.

443800.txt_setting.txt 66k .txt file
Edited by LunaP - 11/22/17 at 11:44pm
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5590 of 5967
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post

Running R6E how to dump to text? Also p95 29.4b and 26.6

is 240% even safe? LOL I thought that was for LN2 only, I have it at 200% atm.


Here we go.

443800.txt_setting.txt 66k .txt file
safevoltage.net biggrin.gif

BTW - 1004 bios + slight tweaks now has my heavily threaded 18 core app running as good or slightly better on 7980xe @ 4.5GHz as it does on 18 cores of a 2x2696v3 @ 3.8GHz system. Previously the HW Xeon could beat it. So, again, I've definitely lost 1T by changing nothing but the bios, but I've gained some headroom on the ram in 2T and overall greater performance. Guess I'll have to run some windows benchmarks again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion