Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS Rampage VI Apex (x299) Owners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASUS Rampage VI Apex (x299) Owners - Page 51

post #501 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by symerac View Post

Hey guys,

I got a problem with my temps on APEX with 7820x
I dont know what the problem could be.. already got a new APEX Mainboard, since I thought something is wrong with my old board. Also newest BIOS is installed.

I get super high temps with low overclocking, always +100°C with these settings:

- 7820X
- VCore 1.210v
- InputV 1.850
- SA/VCCIO 1,050/0,850

Watercooled with a single 480 radiator only for CPU. Cooler: EKWB Supremacy EVO
+ already changed cooling paste several times.. (thermal grizzly kryonaut or hydronaut + noctua nt-h1)

Stock Temp: https://abload.de/img/idleedl06.png

And now OC Temp: https://abload.de/img/47test1mkz1t.png

Thats not possible.. always over 100°C .. it should be around 60-80 max

the CPU is used, but the previous owner told me that he never got these high temps @ low OC (but other board).

Maybe someone know what I can do or what the problem could be?

Thank you very much..

Some pointer for your thinking. Did you see if the pumps are working properly? Did you use AVX and AVX 512 offsets in the Mobo Bios ? Are you running Prime 95 and if so which version to test the stability of your overclock when the temps go high ? 4.7 Ghz is not low OC I would believe. Did the preious owner say if he delided and relided back the CPU ?
post #502 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by symerac View Post

Hey guys,

I got a problem with my temps on APEX with 7820x
I dont know what the problem could be.. already got a new APEX Mainboard, since I thought something is wrong with my old board. Also newest BIOS is installed.

I get super high temps with low overclocking, always +100°C with these settings:

- 7820X
- VCore 1.210v
- InputV 1.850
- SA/VCCIO 1,050/0,850

Watercooled with a single 480 radiator only for CPU. Cooler: EKWB Supremacy EVO
+ already changed cooling paste several times.. (thermal grizzly kryonaut or hydronaut + noctua nt-h1)

Stock Temp: https://abload.de/img/idleedl06.png

And now OC Temp: https://abload.de/img/47test1mkz1t.png

Thats not possible.. always over 100°C .. it should be around 60-80 max

the CPU is used, but the previous owner told me that he never got these high temps @ low OC (but other board).

Maybe someone know what I can do or what the problem could be?

Thank you very much..

Looks like your pump is not working and there is no flow in your loop. Check the pump first (if it is connected) if the pump itself is vibrating when the system is on.
Mercury S8 build
(15 items)
 
Air 540 build
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i9 7900x ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI  Corsair venegance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 evo Samsung 850 Aqua computer waterblocks windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator x34 Cooler Master NovaTouch TKL Cosair AX 1200i Case labs Mercury S8 
MouseOtherOther
Logitech G602 Black Aquaero 6 Bitspower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel core i7 6700K Scalped (Coollaboratory Liq... ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO NVidia GeForce GTX980 Ti ASUS DirectCU III PCI-... 32Gb DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256Gb SSD Samsung 950 Pro Series 500Gb SSD Samsung 850 EVO Series 500Gb SSD Samsung 850 EVO Series 500Gb SSD Samsung 850 EVO Series 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom loop Windows 10 BenQ 24" XL2420G Cooler Master NovaTouch TKL  
PowerCaseMouse
1200W FSP Aurum PT-1200FM Corsair carbide air 540 Logitech G602 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Mercury S8 build
(15 items)
 
Air 540 build
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i9 7900x ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI  Corsair venegance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 evo Samsung 850 Aqua computer waterblocks windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator x34 Cooler Master NovaTouch TKL Cosair AX 1200i Case labs Mercury S8 
MouseOtherOther
Logitech G602 Black Aquaero 6 Bitspower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel core i7 6700K Scalped (Coollaboratory Liq... ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO NVidia GeForce GTX980 Ti ASUS DirectCU III PCI-... 32Gb DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x8) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256Gb SSD Samsung 950 Pro Series 500Gb SSD Samsung 850 EVO Series 500Gb SSD Samsung 850 EVO Series 500Gb SSD Samsung 850 EVO Series 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom loop Windows 10 BenQ 24" XL2420G Cooler Master NovaTouch TKL  
PowerCaseMouse
1200W FSP Aurum PT-1200FM Corsair carbide air 540 Logitech G602 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #503 of 1075
Fixed my temp problem!
I cleaned the CPU cooler, PUMP, radiator and now it seems to work.
There was some dirt in the cpu cooler, I guess it is from my coolant water (pastel -.-)

New temps: https://abload.de/img/48gereinigt3222mduyr.png
post #504 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by symerac View Post

Fixed my temp problem!
I cleaned the CPU cooler, PUMP, radiator and now it seems to work.
There was some dirt in the cpu cooler, I guess it is from my coolant water (pastel -.-)

New temps: https://abload.de/img/48gereinigt3222mduyr.png

yeah - those funky colored fluid look good but work like sht. Just use clear or better yet... plain grocery store distilled water and a stabilizer (I use redline water wetter. never had any block discoloration, or corrosion of any kind in years).
x99
(22 items)
 
Z370
(8 items)
 
x299
(18 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme 10 2 GTX Titan X Pascal 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Plextor 810 2x XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i D5 
CoolingOSOSOS
Aquaero 6 Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1200 Case Labs SM8 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K ASUS Maximus X Apex GTX 1080 2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Samsung 960 Pro 360Rad + Chiller Win 10 HWBOT OBT 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
7740X 7980XE ASUS Rampage Vi Apex 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLi 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits Intel 900p WD Raptor 1T Plextor SSDs Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Plextor DVD/BR R/W (very) Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 144Hz Ducky Corsair 1500i Microcool Benchetto 101 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate ears TF10s (IEMs) 
  hide details  
Reply
x99
(22 items)
 
Z370
(8 items)
 
x299
(18 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme 10 2 GTX Titan X Pascal 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Plextor 810 2x XSPC RX360 Koolance 380i D5 
CoolingOSOSOS
Aquaero 6 Windows 10 x64  Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1200 Case Labs SM8 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate Ears TF10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K ASUS Maximus X Apex GTX 1080 2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Samsung 960 Pro 360Rad + Chiller Win 10 HWBOT OBT 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
7740X 7980XE ASUS Rampage Vi Apex 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLi 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits Intel 900p WD Raptor 1T Plextor SSDs Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
Plextor DVD/BR R/W (very) Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 144Hz Ducky Corsair 1500i Microcool Benchetto 101 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Rival Ultimate ears TF10s (IEMs) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #505 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by symerac View Post

Fixed my temp problem!
I cleaned the CPU cooler, PUMP, radiator and now it seems to work.
There was some dirt in the cpu cooler, I guess it is from my coolant water (pastel -.-)

New temps: https://abload.de/img/48gereinigt3222mduyr.png

You seem to have quite a big discrepancy in max core temps. Do they happen to be your best cores?

I have a similar issue: one core that Intel designated (turbo boost 3.0) as one of my best cores needs lower voltage than the other cores for sure but max temps are always higher. I'm sort of wondering if I can reassign that best core designation.
post #506 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by babebunny View Post

Some pointer for your thinking. Did you see if the pumps are working properly? Did you use AVX and AVX 512 offsets in the Mobo Bios ? Are you running Prime 95 and if so which version to test the stability of your overclock when the temps go high ? 4.7 Ghz is not low OC I would believe. Did the preious owner say if he delided and relided back the CPU ?
post #507 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshal300 View Post

guys yesterday i received my board from RMA and everything is working correctly now..

i am wondering which dimm2 that connect to the cpu directly??
my 960 pro is reading slow now 3200mb/s

EDIT fix:
nm.. just figure it out.. its the left side dimm.

Can anyone assure me that with the i7 7820X, one graphics card and a sound card in PCIe 4x will the M.2 SSD function without any problems?
post #508 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinec44 View Post

Can anyone assure me that with the i7 7820X, one graphics card and a sound card in PCIe 4x will the M.2 SSD function without any problems?

i am running now satellite card on 4x slot with vga on 16x and m.2 ssd.. everything is working great..
me
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7900x@4700 1.230v gigabyte gaming 7 gigabyte 1080 g1 Gskill 32gb 3600c16 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512 960 pro m.2 custom watercooling Win10 Lg 34UM95 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
corsair K70 evga 1000w g3 thermaltake Tower 900 Logitech mx518  
Audio
G930 
  hide details  
Reply
me
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7900x@4700 1.230v gigabyte gaming 7 gigabyte 1080 g1 Gskill 32gb 3600c16 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512 960 pro m.2 custom watercooling Win10 Lg 34UM95 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
corsair K70 evga 1000w g3 thermaltake Tower 900 Logitech mx518  
Audio
G930 
  hide details  
Reply
post #509 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshal300 View Post

i am running now satellite card on 4x slot with vga on 16x and m.2 ssd.. everything is working great..

but you have 7900x and it has 44 lines as opposed to 7820x ...
post #510 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinec44 View Post

but you have 7900x and it has 44 lines as opposed to 7820x ...

yea right.. the 4x slot on the manual said its connected to the chipset directly..
so i guess one vga and m2 is more than enough for 28 lane cpu.
me
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7900x@4700 1.230v gigabyte gaming 7 gigabyte 1080 g1 Gskill 32gb 3600c16 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512 960 pro m.2 custom watercooling Win10 Lg 34UM95 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
corsair K70 evga 1000w g3 thermaltake Tower 900 Logitech mx518  
Audio
G930 
  hide details  
Reply
me
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7900x@4700 1.230v gigabyte gaming 7 gigabyte 1080 g1 Gskill 32gb 3600c16 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512 960 pro m.2 custom watercooling Win10 Lg 34UM95 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
corsair K70 evga 1000w g3 thermaltake Tower 900 Logitech mx518  
Audio
G930 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASUS Rampage VI Apex (x299) Owners