Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support - Page 174

post #1731 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeagle1873 View Post

Anybody running three M 2 NVMe ssd's?
I have one under the cover and two on the dimm 2 card but the bios only sees the two on the Dimm 2 card if I take one off the Dimm 2 card it then sees one on the card and the one under the cover All three are Samsung

I'm running 3 samsung 960 evos, the BIOS saw all of them from the start - have you updated your BIOS/restored defaults?
post #1732 of 1988
So anyone know a fix for bios and all tools in windows reading incorrect cpu temperatures when inputting a manual overclock? Currently on bios 801, tried reflashing it a few times. AI Suite 3's overclocking via offset seemed to not cause it but it also was all auto offset and voltage. Which got up to 39.75x100 but was unstable.

Could I be missing an voltage adjustment somewhere.My last OC system current main is a x58 based system. So just a small leap in system differences, and options features... bios types... boot times. Hell everything.

Stock CPU, with memory at 3200 F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR getting better results than my x58 system with a 1080ti. TR system has old 980ti in it atm. Test dependant though of course.
post #1733 of 1988
Yes I have. I have three 960 evo's as well two 500's and a 1tb
Just found that I have another problem also one of the four Nvidia 1070 cards is showing disabled in device manager with a code 23
Edited by wolfeagle1873 - 11/20/17 at 8:10pm
post #1734 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuhaiHu View Post

So anyone know a fix for bios and all tools in windows reading incorrect cpu temperatures when inputting a manual overclock? Currently on bios 801, tried reflashing it a few times. AI Suite 3's overclocking via offset seemed to not cause it but it also was all auto offset and voltage. Which got up to 39.75x100 but was unstable.

Could I be missing an voltage adjustment somewhere.My last OC system current main is a x58 based system. So just a small leap in system differences, and options features... bios types... boot times. Hell everything.

Stock CPU, with memory at 3200 F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR getting better results than my x58 system with a 1080ti. TR system has old 980ti in it atm. Test dependant though of course.

delete AI Suit - thank me later (don't forget the cleaner)
post #1735 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain29 View Post

delete AI Suit - thank me later (don't forget the cleaner)

Even though It was doing that before AI Suite 3 was even installed? Pretty sure, i think... I could just wipe system. AI Suite is the version with the fix or a fix from this thread.

Read the whole thread then been keeping up with it. For a week or more now.
post #1736 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeagle1873 View Post

Yes I have. I have three 960 evo's as well two 500's and a 1tb
Just found that I have another problem also one of the four Nvidia 1070 cards is showing disabled in device manager with a code 23

You're probably using up all of your lanes. Run some things in 4x mode (switch in BIOS) to test
post #1737 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuhaiHu View Post

Even though It was doing that before AI Suite 3 was even installed? Pretty sure, i think... I could just wipe system. AI Suite is the version with the fix or a fix from this thread.

Read the whole thread then been keeping up with it. For a week or more now.

you need the cleaner from the software forums even then its not fully gone. the update just changes a setting in windows HPET -
- also remove the memory overclock when trying to up the cpu - when there both stable separate then combine them - I don't have the same kit but the same speed with the ram I cant get above 2933 it will boot I can run prime 95 but with the kit I have after an hour two the system will freeze up.
post #1738 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonkore View Post

You're probably using up all of your lanes. Run some things in 4x mode (switch in BIOS) to test
Will give that a try I know that the bottom slot is running in 4x mode already
post #1739 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonkore View Post

I understand Enterprise's points of view, P95 should cover the 'worst case' scenario - the rendering programs I use even at 100% full load do not stress the CPU as much as 100% P95.

However,
What programs would be coded that effectively? If indeed you use a program that harvests GPU acceleration WITH 100% CPU utilisation then that's something else
An Example would be today Iray and especially Vray most of the time.
post #1740 of 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aby67 View Post

An Example would be today Iray and especially Vray most of the time.

Interesting. Vray for sketchup only uses 100% GPU (with a bit of CPU) OR 100% CPU and not 100% for both. Perhaps it's different with 3DS Max or Rhino or some other modelling software.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support