Overclock.net › Forums › Hardware Vendors › Silicon Lottery › 8700k availability
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

8700k availability

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I am considering selling my RVE/5820k setup to get this new 8700k setup will you be binning them?
Summer 2016 BUILD
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k Asus Rampage V Extreme GTX 1080 G.Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 460 Swiftech H240-X BwnQ XL2410T Razer Black Widow Chroma 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 1300 G2 NZXT Switch 810 Razer Mamba Razer FireFly 
AudioAudio
Creative Titanium HD Seinheiser HD558 
  hide details  
Reply
Summer 2016 BUILD
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k Asus Rampage V Extreme GTX 1080 G.Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 460 Swiftech H240-X BwnQ XL2410T Razer Black Widow Chroma 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 1300 G2 NZXT Switch 810 Razer Mamba Razer FireFly 
AudioAudio
Creative Titanium HD Seinheiser HD558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 16
Of course he will.
post #3 of 16
How long does it usually take to go from release to siliconlottery.com?
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmoan View Post

How long does it usually take to go from release to siliconlottery.com?

Like a week.
post #5 of 16
I am getting a 8700k from SL. Signed up for email notification on SL's website.
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dVeLoPe View Post

I am considering selling my RVE/5820k setup to get this new 8700k setup will you be binning them?
That's hell of a sidegrade. Not worth it.
post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
really? so what is an upgrade??

i have the itch to redo my setup
Summer 2016 BUILD
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k Asus Rampage V Extreme GTX 1080 G.Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 460 Swiftech H240-X BwnQ XL2410T Razer Black Widow Chroma 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 1300 G2 NZXT Switch 810 Razer Mamba Razer FireFly 
AudioAudio
Creative Titanium HD Seinheiser HD558 
  hide details  
Reply
Summer 2016 BUILD
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k Asus Rampage V Extreme GTX 1080 G.Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 460 Swiftech H240-X BwnQ XL2410T Razer Black Widow Chroma 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 1300 G2 NZXT Switch 810 Razer Mamba Razer FireFly 
AudioAudio
Creative Titanium HD Seinheiser HD558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

That's hell of a sidegrade. Not worth it.

I'd do it for ST perf, big clock gains and jumping from haswell to skylake
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

I'd do it for ST perf, big clock gains and jumping from haswell to skylake

Jumping from 4.5 GHz (typical for Haswell) to 5.0 GHz (likely typical for Coffee Lake) is only an 11% increase in clock speeds. Haswell-Skylake IPC increase is typically around 5%, so you have a total increase of 16% or less - that's very much a sidegrade, considering my i5-2500K to i7-7820X upgrade yielded over a 300% increase in raw compute power.
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

That's hell of a sidegrade. Not worth it.

whats what people say when they dont understand the importance of single thread and stability with better RAM with better IMCs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Silicon Lottery
Overclock.net › Forums › Hardware Vendors › Silicon Lottery › 8700k availability