Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Help for OC i7 4790K / confused about adaptive voltage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help for OC i7 4790K / confused about adaptive voltage - Page 2

post #11 of 99
Thread Starter 
OK I will try that.

I can go with 4,7 with the settings you told me? Multiplier is 44 right now

See if it's ok with 1.3 and try to lower after then?

Why disabling epu? Won't that get me higher temps?

I will try real bench and occt then. How long should I run the tests?
post #12 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elric2a View Post

OK I will try that.

I can go with 4,7 with the settings you told me? Multiplier is 44 right now

See if it's ok with 1.3 and try to lower after then?

Why disabling epu? Won't that get me higher temps?

I will try real bench and occt then. How long should I run the tests?
Give a multiplier of 47 a try with a Vcore of 1.3V and CPU input voltage of 1.9V, try running Cinebench R15 first to see if you have any sort of stability before you stress test with Realbench for an hour. If you pass 1 hour of Realbench maybe try going up in multiplier to say 48 or down in voltage at 47 if you are happy with the performance at 47. Also watch the video link in my previous post as it will help you understand the terminology used when overclocking thumb.gif Also when stress testing keep an eye on your temperatures try to stay below 80-85 degrees C, remember more Vcore=more heat.
Edited by scracy - 9/19/17 at 3:33pm
post #13 of 99
Thread Starter 
Will do that thanks smile.gif I have low temps usually my cpu has been delided and I have a 360 aio
post #14 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elric2a View Post

Will do that thanks smile.gif I have low temps usually my cpu has been delided and I have a 360 aio
Ok just watch that video link though as he describes what everything in the UEFI does quite clearly, good luck smile.gif
post #15 of 99
Thread Starter 
Thanks! Can't find cpu input voltage though
post #16 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elric2a View Post

Thanks! Can't find cpu input voltage though
Should be under extreme tweaker tab "initial CPU input voltage" and "eventual CPU input voltage" change both to 1.9V if using a core voltage of 1.3V, what you want to do is keep input voltage roughly 0.6V above core voltage smile.gif or leave them at auto and see what that gives you.
post #17 of 99
Thread Starter 
Ok i just launched a quick stress test on XTU to see something and at 4.7 i got Power limit throttling, how should i fix that?

I guess it's about turbo boost short power max and turbo boost power max but don't know what value i should put there.

I have 112W for turbo boost short power
88w for turbo boost power max
Edited by Elric2a - 9/20/17 at 12:36am
post #18 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elric2a View Post

Ok i just launched a quick stress test on XTU to see something and at 4.7 i got Power limit throttling, how should i fix that?
How does your XTU settings compare to this? You may need to adjust your CPU current settings within your UEFI
post #19 of 99
Thread Starter 


Should i max those? I read few month ago that it was causing heat troubles on this proc
post #20 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elric2a View Post



Should i max those? I read few month ago that it was causing heat troubles on this proc
Increase turbo boost max power smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Help for OC i7 4790K / confused about adaptive voltage