Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › a quick question for yall
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

a quick question for yall - Page 3

post #21 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyve View Post

Well I tried. I thought I was even pretty polite about it but he appears to have made up his mind and is going to do what he wants to do.

To compare an asetek clc to a custom loop IS pretty ridiculous though.

Do a quick 30 second, badly lit YouTube video instead of typing it. This would give what you say full credibility with your target audience. tongue.gif
post #22 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyve View Post

Well I tried. I thought I was even pretty polite about it but he appears to have made up his mind and is going to do what he wants to do.

To compare an asetek clc to a custom loop IS pretty ridiculous though.
Yeah, almost as crazy as saying Swittech Hxxx are CLCs. rolleyes.gif
We can give them the info, but we can't make them see/understand truth and fact.
"There's a sucker born every minute" comes to mind. Some have serious identity ten tea qualities. biggrin.gif
post #23 of 43
I tell you something though. If it doesn't work out for him (it might. You never know) I'll still help out as much as I can with my limited knowledge.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.6ghz MSI z97m gaming MSI GTX 980 gaming TF5 4x4gb Gskill Sniper ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250gb Bunch'a mechanical hdds!  Cooler Master Seidon 120m (cpu)  Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic 55" 3d plasma / Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master Quickfire TK Silverstone sst-st85f-p 850w silver Fractal Design arc mini r2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula 7.1 Home theater 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k @ 4.6ghz MSI z97m gaming MSI GTX 980 gaming TF5 4x4gb Gskill Sniper ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250gb Bunch'a mechanical hdds!  Cooler Master Seidon 120m (cpu)  Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Panasonic 55" 3d plasma / Qnix QX2710 Cooler Master Quickfire TK Silverstone sst-st85f-p 850w silver Fractal Design arc mini r2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula 7.1 Home theater 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx1586 View Post

i get what your trying to say politely but your all still wrong so you guys can keep thinking ur all smarter then everyone online but your not

http://www.corsair.com/en-ww/blog/2014/april/aio_vs_diy_cooling

the deffinition of a aoi is what ur calling a CLC they are the same thing and the only difference between a AOI/CLC and a custom loop useally is a res and the fact you get to choose all the parts to your specs (yes u can get parts that can perform better then AOI/CLC but doesnt mean they will and also doesnt mean u wont have leaks

idk why you guys seem to think AOI's or if u mod a AOI you think u will be more pron to leaks serious get a job go talk to a plumber if it has pipes and hoses u can take them off anything and reattach to anything jesus guys chill out

and here a bit more for ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMf6Zq-RAGU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyUvCOP7x60&t=304s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7SozhOTdFw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2NN4goi2DI

http://www.swiftech.com/aio.aspx

now plz tell me why im wrong by saying its a AOI again? or why chopping it up is a bad idea for leaks? other then swiftech has a built in res theirs no diff as stated before hand yes some company's change parts and some re brand the same crap so really again how was i false for saying anything i have said?

it is a AOI
it will perform the same (as proven in stress test already)
it can be modded (same chance to leak as any custom loop or high end AOI)

so what did i say was wrong? plz enlighten me

Can you link to these stress tests? I would really like to see tests where any commercially available preconfigured AIO matches a custom loop.

Just ignore the definitions for a minute as I think they may be confusing the issue here.

When you use two pumps, you should only do so when a single larger pump will not perform the task. Using the two pumps from two AIO units is not as good as one larger pump. The larger pump would be able to handle the higher static pressure while also delivering more flow rate. At the same time, a custom solution will have all brass, copper, and nickel parts, and will be less likely to corrode over time.

Unless both of these AIO units are free, I don't recommend you go out of your way to buy them. They will not deliver the same flow rate or performance as a properly specified custom solution, and you have already outgrown them before you even install them if you are looking at modifying them.
Myrna
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Threadripper 1920X Asrock X399 Taichi  Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080 TI 4 Way SLI Corsair Vengeance RGB 4x8GB 3466Mhz 
  hide details  
Reply
Myrna
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Threadripper 1920X Asrock X399 Taichi  Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080 TI 4 Way SLI Corsair Vengeance RGB 4x8GB 3466Mhz 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 43
Thread Starter 
im just gunna say this first on prime 95 the one guy in a vid i linked with a 120 maelstrom only hit 46c under full load so a 240 would perform better.... inless u put more rad and so on i dout gunna getting much more performance outa that system just saying


and lastly anything that was put together in a factory can be taken apart thefor doing so doesnt up the chance of leaks nore does it mean it "cant" be modded to add anything i like

but again thanks for going off topic from the question that was asked..

also you saying CLC is a sub title from AOI right? well who the hell cares its the same crap u say the diff is its a closed loop and your right i agree cept once i take the hose off its no longer closed it is? and since the hoses are made to be able to come off it was never permanently closed what it? so again argue all you want but if i can take it apart it was never closed so its still a AIO since its a all in one system that performs amazingly and cost less then half of 90% of most on the market

anyways im done and out builds moving forward with useing this AIO and modding it into a custom loop
post #26 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Makes perfect sense to me .. and anyone who has enough sense to understand the difference just as I explained it above. All CLCs are part of the AIO parent group, but not all AIOs are part of CLC sub-group.

Swiftech Hxxx series, be quiet! Silent Loop series, Fractal Design Kelvin series and Alphacool Eisbaer are air AIOs, but not CLCs. They all have threaded fittings, copper radiator quality hose and a fill port for adding/changing coolant.

All Asetek, CoolIT, Apaltek are in the CLC sub-group of AIOs. CLCs are factory sealed with no provision to expand or adding coolant.

It's not about what you see other people discribing. It's about what is real and what is made up. Lots of people claim their CLCs keep their system cooler than room ambinent and that they are so quiet they cannot be heard .. but that does not make it true or accurate. tongue.gif

No, solar hot water system is not open loop because it has hot water taps. doh.gif
.
Facts are all CLCs are a sub-group of AIOs .. and some AIOs are definitely not CLCs.

Yes mate, there are taps, you really nailed that one. That is the open part, just as I already stated in the post. There is also the closed loop that heats the open loop through a heat exchanger in the water heater. doh.gif Again, just as I mentioned in the post.




Or did you think the water comes from the main and is heated instantly by the sun before it comes out of the tap. rolleyes.gif
Is that all clear enough now?
Does anyone have a little think before they post anymore?

Incorrectly used and made up terms are not facts, just convention.
This CLC and AIO convention you use is far from universally accepted it seems.

It also doesn't make much sense. They are all Closed loops and the 'AIO' systems that are expandable with fittings are by definition no longer all in one unit.
The CLC part at least makes some sence if you use closed to indicate sealed and not designed to be removed but that isn't the original way it was used.
Edited by Ashcroft - 9/25/17 at 1:38am
post #27 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcroft View Post

Yes mate, there are taps, you really nailed that one. That is the open part, just as I already stated in the post. There is also the closed loop that heats the open loop through a heat exchanger in the water heater. doh.gif Again, just as I mentioned in the post.




Or did you think the water comes from the main and is heated instantly by the sun before it comes out of the tap. rolleyes.gif
Is that all clear enough now?
Does anyone have a little think before they post anymore?

Incorrectly used and made up terms are not facts, just convention.
This CLC and AIO convention you use is far from universally accepted it seems.

It also doesn't make much sense. They are all Closed loops and the 'AIO' systems that are expandable with fittings are by definition no longer all in one unit.
The CLC part at least makes some sence if you use closed to indicate sealed and not designed to be removed but that isn't the original way it was used.
You are so wrapped up in ego and trying to prove you are right that you are not thinking rationally.

The fact that AIO is the parent group that include CLCs and that not all AIOs are are CLCs is an established fact .. even if you do not want to believe it.

It seems you need to stop using 'made up terms' and try focusing on facts .. like what the extablish definition of AIO, CLC are .. and how all CLCs are AIOs but not all AIOs are CLCs. Think of 'AIOs' as 'dogs' and 'CLCs' as 'herding dogs'. All 'herding dogs' are 'dogs', but not all 'dogs' are 'herding dogs.' I'm sorry you can't understand it as i've explained it. I tried to do it as simply as possible to make it easy to understand.

The hot water spigot / tap is fitted to a pressurized water system, not a heating or cooling loop. There is not even a loop involved in the domestic hot water side of a solar heated hot water system .. only the solar heating side of system is a loop. The domestic side hot water side is a pressurized system heated by solar loop with taps on it to draw water from as needed. I assumed you had enough common sense to understand that domestic water systems are pressurized and therefore closed systems even though they are not loops.

But mains water supply is a closed pressurized system .. because if it was not you would have water running out of it all the time. could not keep it pressurized.
post #28 of 43
I don't even know why this thread is continuing at this point...

The guy's not going to listen to reason and everything he's being told is just going in one ear and out the other.

Just let him do his thing and I'm sure he'll either enjoy the performance he gets from whatever he creates or he'll realize he screwed up.

Either way, he's already obviously made up his mind.
post #29 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazeshifta View Post

I don't even know why this thread is continuing at this point...

The guy's not going to listen to reason and everything he's being told is just going in one ear and out the other.

Just let him do his thing and I'm sure he'll either enjoy the performance he gets from whatever he creates or he'll realize he screwed up.

Either way, he's already obviously made up his mind.

I think it has long since devolved into a semantic argument.

I have to say this is the first time I've ever seen someone buy an AIO with the express purpose of cracking it open. Usually that happens after someone is already stuck with one.
Myrna
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Threadripper 1920X Asrock X399 Taichi  Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080 TI 4 Way SLI Corsair Vengeance RGB 4x8GB 3466Mhz 
  hide details  
Reply
Myrna
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Threadripper 1920X Asrock X399 Taichi  Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080 TI 4 Way SLI Corsair Vengeance RGB 4x8GB 3466Mhz 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavantStrike View Post

I think it has long since devolved into a semantic argument.

I have to say this is the first time I've ever seen someone buy an AIO with the express purpose of cracking it open. Usually that happens after someone is already stuck with one.

Yeah, seems completely silly to crack open a brand new AIO. Especially when you could build full custom kit for the price of 2 AIO's if you buy carefully.

But it also seems that's what the OP thinks is the best route for them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › a quick question for yall