Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCGAMER] PUBG exec contemplating 'further action' over Fortnite Battle Royale similarities
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PCGAMER] PUBG exec contemplating 'further action' over Fortnite Battle Royale similarities - Page 24

post #231 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxidized View Post

All i keep seeing is people praising the game only for the amount of fun they have with it, nice.

No, I outlined why I enjoyed it and you said I was taking the game too seriously. You just dismiss every opinion that doesn't fit with yours.
post #232 of 253
It's been 19 days, How is this still at the top of the news section?! HOW ARE YOU GUYS STILL ARGUING ABOUT IT?!
Magma
(9 items)
 
Old Girl
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ryzen 1700X Asrock Fatality 370x ITX Gigabyte 1080 G1 Corsair DDR4 3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk 500GB SSD Deepcool Captin AIO Windows 10 LG 27" 4K 
Case
BitFenix Portal 
  hide details  
Reply
Magma
(9 items)
 
Old Girl
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
ryzen 1700X Asrock Fatality 370x ITX Gigabyte 1080 G1 Corsair DDR4 3200MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk 500GB SSD Deepcool Captin AIO Windows 10 LG 27" 4K 
Case
BitFenix Portal 
  hide details  
Reply
post #233 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post

OCN with its superlatives.

Yes, every modern DICE game has been trash. rolleyes.gif


And then you say this:
Because that's where indie devs come in, right? They're going to create technological marvels like Frostbite that is pretty much the best quality/cost modern engine right now.
Like EA did to DICE? Gotcha!

Are you for real? I mean you didn't comprehend the message I was trying to get across and your response indicates that.

DICE's engine is beautiful nothing more nothing less. Everyone knows Dice has very talented programmers when it come down the creation of the Frostbite engine.

Too bad they don't ever release great games on it. That is the conciseness of many die hard BF1+BF2 players. We have watched EA corporate under utilize the frostbite engine DICE made, by way of first not producing anything spectatculr under it and then not having licencing it such as the U4E to see if others are willing to make a better game with it. They keep it exclusive which is there right but where are the great games that use frostbite engine. Many developers would have greatly benefited from using it.

let's see the frostbite's foundation based on the limitations of console HW and the effects on the games they spawed.
BF3,
BF4
Mirrors edge Catayst
BF1

All the battlefield's progressively worsen as time goes on and strays away from it's original roots. We call it consolized. The BF franchise is nothing more than a name of it's former glory. EA saw the money COD was making back when BC2 was out and decided that future BF games would be an amalgamation of both BF+COD.
This issue has been tackled to death all across the BF forums and many others. Look at the current player base for BF1 on the PC the lowest it's ever been for a BF game. Yeah the Frostbite engine did wonders for the games using it according to you. So as you can see almost nobody is creating state of the art engines for the PC that is accessible to dev's or those that control it do nothing great with it other than make a shiny, boring, uninspiring game.

Don't bother to respond, I have no desire to have any conversation with anyone who rolls eyes at me. Take your rude condescending attitude elsewhere. You have made your position clear that you are set in your ways. I may not agree with other's opinions but what I don't do is act like my opinion is above others and be rude about it. To old to waste anytime to further debate people that have to resort to a childish attitude to express there disagreement. Yes naturally you are going to give a rebuttal to this statement to defend your pride and reputation as one would expect.

Such a shame you are incapable of acting like a decent human being just cause you disagree with someone elses opinion.

First time ever since I have been a member that I have had to put someone on ignore. If you can't have a conversation without being a you know what, there is simply no further purpose for me to engage with people like you, IMO as you are simply wasting my time. I have learned this from over 18 years of participating in forum discussions. There is no excuse to your conduct period. I would hope others will start doing to same to other members here when they see this type of behavior.

I have seen many post here throughout the years where instead of having a mutual respective discussion people have instead resorted to having address members with attitudes and rude behavior instead of being respectful all cause they don't share the same opinion.
Edited by Nightingale - 10/11/17 at 9:47am
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k@ 4.8Ghz Asus Maximus viii Hero Asus GTX 1080 Strix  GSkill Trident Z 3200 14-14-14 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk Extreme Pro + 850 EVO 500GB EK Supremacy Nickel  WIN 7 x64 ASUS ROG PG279Q 27" 2560X1440 Gsync  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M Corsair HX850 Corsair Obsidian 800D SteelSeries Rival 300 
Mouse PadAudio
PURE TRACK TALNET Titanium HD + Asus STX 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k@ 4.8Ghz Asus Maximus viii Hero Asus GTX 1080 Strix  GSkill Trident Z 3200 14-14-14 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk Extreme Pro + 850 EVO 500GB EK Supremacy Nickel  WIN 7 x64 ASUS ROG PG279Q 27" 2560X1440 Gsync  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M Corsair HX850 Corsair Obsidian 800D SteelSeries Rival 300 
Mouse PadAudio
PURE TRACK TALNET Titanium HD + Asus STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #234 of 253
One less "my opinion is fact" user to worry about, I guess.

It's amazing how some grown men can't distinguish between what is objective and what is subjective.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
TBD Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
TBD Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #235 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artev View Post

No, I outlined why I enjoyed it and you said I was taking the game too seriously. You just dismiss every opinion that doesn't fit with yours.

Whatever.
post #236 of 253
This thread is still going huh? I think I see mold growing over there ---->

Thread has been opened too long.
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #237 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post

One less "my opinion is fact" user to worry about, I guess.

It's amazing how some grown men can't distinguish between what is objective and what is subjective.

It's amazing how full of BS some people are when they get called out. I mean you are one arrogant man or child. Hard to tell with one simply based on how you converse with others. The way I see it, you were called out for being rude and condescending which from my objective point of view was spot on and anyone with common sense can see this clear as day. Then you cop-out with some generalized sudo intellectual statement in an attempt appear smarter and intellectually above him all without actually addressing the heart of the matter. I don't see anywhere where in his initial post which you rudely criticized that he states his opinion as definitive fact that can't be debated. So how is this an issue of objective vs subjective. I mean you could make that statement on just about anyone's post that you disagree with. The man merely expressed his opinion and you decided to respond back like a 14 year old reddit troll. This is a forum/community where people express there opinions on various matters daily.

Seriously what's with the attitude you have. Why can't you engage in a polite conversation without the snobby attitude?

I would love to hear your justification for why you think it's appropriate to respond to a fellow community member that way. That guy was smart to put you on ignore since people like you don't contribute anything positive to this community with your demeanor. No wonder why this community in the last 2 years has gained a reputation for elitism. It's people like you that foster that culture. Why not instead try to be more warm and inviting to others that don't see eye to eye with you. My experience in life has taught me that you have a better chance selling your position if you address people with respect instead of content when they don't conform to your views.
post #238 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post

I would love to hear your justification for why you think it's appropriate to respond to a fellow community member that way.
You tell me.

How is one supposed to respond to someone who states as fact that something "is trash", by no other reason (which is pretty clear) than the fact that he doesn't like it?

I mean, after the ordeal we had with the other guy making some absurd, wild claim that he was the arbiter of what constitutes a good game, outside of the realm of what can be quantified, who absolutely refused to entertain the idea that, maybe, other people had a point, here comes, belated, the prototypical connoisseur of games, carrying on the legacy. Called out? Arrogant? Try that for measure.

If I said every single thing you love is "complete trash", what answer would you give me? What answer would I deserve?

Superlatives have no place in a debate, and if that's your kind of entrance in a discussion, prepare to be left out of it. And if my performance in this thread is reason enough to have the honor of being first in his ignore list, let me tell you, you guys haven't been paying enough attention to this sub-forum!
Edited by ToTheSun! - 10/12/17 at 2:15am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
TBD Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
TBD Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #239 of 253
Having played both, I think Fortnite is a much more put together game. There are a lot of similarities, too many in fact, but Fortnite did Battle Royal better, imo. I still enjoy PUBg, but Fortnite is more engaging.
post #240 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxidized View Post

I'm sure they're playing because they find it fun, but that's why they are casual player, or if not, average players. I could find it fun too if i played it

Then stop talking.

You dont play it and you dont play in a 'pro' team,therefore you are the casual gamer.

This game was extremely popular as an ARMA III/II Mod (Not a 'casual' gamers game to my mind) before it became standalone, standalone because it was so popular, popular because it was good.
The whole point of playing games is to stimulate,the measure of this success is the emotional states that it generates....roughly translated as how fun the game is to your preferred emotional criteria.

Something you seem to be struggling with,the pigeonholing gives it away really.......A common emotional superiority tactic,isolate and divide.


EDIT: You think AUDI is a better quality machine? You take both cars and drive them continuously around a track until one breaks. Guarantee that the AUDI will fail first. This is coming from a BMW/Ford owner.
Edited by B NEGATIVE - 10/17/17 at 1:24am
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
Reply
MILSPEC II
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5820k X99m WS 980ti strix 980ti strix 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
KLEVV Cras DDR4  3tb Red Corsair 600w SFX + 450w SFX Caselabs BH4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCGAMER] PUBG exec contemplating 'further action' over Fortnite Battle Royale similarities