Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCGAMER] PUBG exec contemplating 'further action' over Fortnite Battle Royale similarities
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PCGAMER] PUBG exec contemplating 'further action' over Fortnite Battle Royale similarities - Page 9

post #81 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin Goo View Post

You mean the hypothetical crowd of literally millions on twitch? That "hypothetical" crowd? Try harder.

You still havent proven that PUBG is popular because of streamers. Where is the evidence?
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus z87AR R9 290 4GB Sapphire Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Black Corsair 240GB SSD Asus crappy drive Windows 8 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 1080p 24" IPS Panel Ducky Shining Red Cherry MX [Blue LED] 700 Watt Cooler Master PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech 502 Proteus Core Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus z87AR R9 290 4GB Sapphire Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Black Corsair 240GB SSD Asus crappy drive Windows 8 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 1080p 24" IPS Panel Ducky Shining Red Cherry MX [Blue LED] 700 Watt Cooler Master PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech 502 Proteus Core Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #82 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxidized View Post

Very different is a thing, Rust isn't even close to "very different" from pubg or other survival games, because in the end battle royale is actually a survival rip-off. And what about The culling? And Ark? Or The forest? Unturned? There's plenty of those if you scroll steam's catalog

Preceded by the Battle Royale mod that was created by PUBG's creator in early 2010s. And it is different. Especially because they emphasized the social squad aspect of the game.
Quote:
Interesting? It's actually true, it's because i know that feeling, i had it too years ago, it's very common among teens.

Being competitive is natural. You don't need eSports for that. The word eSports was almost unknown to Call of Duty players. Yet I, and every other kid was obsessed with and being good at it. Yet eSports was nonexistent. eSports has always been a weak marketing tool.
Quote:
I see you requesting "Proofs", "Experimental Data", while you're not giving any, in any case, it almost looks like you're trying some way out of the argument, i don't know

Burden of proof is on the one making the claim. It's okay to have an opinion, dont get annoyed when someone is challenging your assertions because they have nothing backing them up.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus z87AR R9 290 4GB Sapphire Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Black Corsair 240GB SSD Asus crappy drive Windows 8 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 1080p 24" IPS Panel Ducky Shining Red Cherry MX [Blue LED] 700 Watt Cooler Master PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech 502 Proteus Core Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus z87AR R9 290 4GB Sapphire Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Black Corsair 240GB SSD Asus crappy drive Windows 8 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 1080p 24" IPS Panel Ducky Shining Red Cherry MX [Blue LED] 700 Watt Cooler Master PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech 502 Proteus Core Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #83 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin Goo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post

Suit yourself... You're the one handicapping yourself, not me.
It's a minority I can attest to instead of the hypothetical crowd for which you cannot account that you claim only plays the game because it's popular on Twitch. One could as easily say it's popular on Twitch because it's popular, period, but I suppose that's too simplistic. rolleyes.gif
You mean the hypothetical crowd of literally millions on twitch? That "hypothetical" crowd? Try harder.
Alright. Let me get this straight.

You're saying this game got popular to the point of breaking records of sales and concurrent players online simply because a myriad of Twitch streamers were playing it incessantly, no doubt funded and sponsored by an indie dev company whose funds were barely enough to start the game, let alone finish it?

Are you sure it simply didn't become popular because it improved on its only competition, H1Z1, whose quantitative aspects were measurably worse than PUBG, AND THEN became popular on Twitch because good games are also popular there?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
TBD Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
TBD Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #84 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post

Alright. Let me get this straight.

You're saying this game got popular to the point of breaking records of sales and concurrent players online simply because a myriad of Twitch streamers were playing it incessantly, no doubt funded and sponsored by an indie dev company whose funds were barely enough to start the game, let alone finish it?

Are you sure it simply didn't become popular because it improved on its only competition, H1Z1, whose quantitative aspects were measurably worse than PUBG, AND THEN became popular on Twitch because good games are also popular there?

You cant compare PUBG with the big dog unless it stay big for another 1-2 years. CS:GO was was getting huge and stopped because of skin. I feel like in a lot of games that get supper hyped people are going to want to try and get in first without getting left behind.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
post #85 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

You cant compare PUBG with the big dog unless it stay big for another 1-2 years. CS:GO was was getting huge and stopped because of skin. I feel like in a lot of games that get supper hyped people are going to want to try and get in first without getting left behind.

You certainly can and you got it a bit backeards anyway. CSGO was stagnant for years until the arms deal update, the skins and betting made the player base explode.

The majority of streamers were not big before PUBG. Grimmz is a good example, his brand was built primarily iff PUBG's growth not vice versa.

And while I admit that large streamers like JoshOG and Summit helped the game grow, the rowth was already huge since day 1.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus z87AR R9 290 4GB Sapphire Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Black Corsair 240GB SSD Asus crappy drive Windows 8 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 1080p 24" IPS Panel Ducky Shining Red Cherry MX [Blue LED] 700 Watt Cooler Master PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech 502 Proteus Core Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus z87AR R9 290 4GB Sapphire Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Black Corsair 240GB SSD Asus crappy drive Windows 8 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 1080p 24" IPS Panel Ducky Shining Red Cherry MX [Blue LED] 700 Watt Cooler Master PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech 502 Proteus Core Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #86 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSomPa View Post

You still havent proven that PUBG is popular because of streamers. Where is the evidence?

Well considering theres 80+ K viewers on Twitch at pretty much all times lol.
9143
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k 1.22V 4.7Ghz OC AIR 59C load ASUS Z170-A Gigabyte 7870 1100/1200 OC Crucial Sport 8GB 2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
BX100 250GB Windows 10 64 bit Anti Beacon Asus VH242H Supernova 550 Evga 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Logitech G400 A black one Cyber Acoustics Speakers 
AudioAudio
Scarlett 2i2 Status HD headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
9143
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k 1.22V 4.7Ghz OC AIR 59C load ASUS Z170-A Gigabyte 7870 1100/1200 OC Crucial Sport 8GB 2400 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
BX100 250GB Windows 10 64 bit Anti Beacon Asus VH242H Supernova 550 Evga 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Logitech G400 A black one Cyber Acoustics Speakers 
AudioAudio
Scarlett 2i2 Status HD headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #87 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by keikei View Post

BH did back track a little regarding the 'replicate' statement, but i think they just wanted to express the discourtesy of epic not giving them a heads up. The meat of the matter regards the promotional material. Part of it is in the OP. Can BH sue from the contents in that vid? Did playerunkown copyright that tag line at the end?

They did say they are contemplating further action.
What else does it mean? Putting excrement in a bag and setting it on fire at epic's doorstep?

If they said "we are disappointed that they did this" is one thing. But they made it sound and look like epic are stealing from them. Like a 5 years old yelling "this is not fair!!".

And giving a jab at the competition, is normal.
When samsung are calling out apple, or google are laughing at the missing head phone jack, would you say apple should jump on it and sue or call them out for jabbing at them?
They are grown men (at least I hope). Should act like it.
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Main system
(16 items)
 
Editing PC
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
E5-1680v2 AMD FirePro D700 AMD FirePro D700 64GB 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
1TB PCIE SSD OSX 10.10.x Dell U2713H Mac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #88 of 253
If anything, this is good for hardcore PUBG players because it should light a fire under BH's behind so that they might actually begin to fix their buggy mess of a game.
post #89 of 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post

Well considering theres 80+ K viewers on Twitch at pretty much all times lol.

Grimmz never had a large stream until PUBG. His stream is big because of PUBG not vice versa.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus z87AR R9 290 4GB Sapphire Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Black Corsair 240GB SSD Asus crappy drive Windows 8 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 1080p 24" IPS Panel Ducky Shining Red Cherry MX [Blue LED] 700 Watt Cooler Master PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech 502 Proteus Core Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus z87AR R9 290 4GB Sapphire Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Black Corsair 240GB SSD Asus crappy drive Windows 8 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 1080p 24" IPS Panel Ducky Shining Red Cherry MX [Blue LED] 700 Watt Cooler Master PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech 502 Proteus Core Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #90 of 253
What's the catch with PUBG? Looks like another cheap Dayz/H1Z1 lookalike?
U2
(13 items)
 
U1
(8 items)
 
SFF
(18 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770 Z77N-WIFI GTX 970 Turbo Kingston Valueram VLP 2x4GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston UV400 240GB ADATA XPG SX900 64GB Thermalright Macho Rev. B AC Accelero Mono Plus 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Thermalright TY-147A Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit Dell P2416D Cooler Master V450S 
Case
Jonsbo U2 
MotherboardRAMHard DriveCooling
MSI N3150I ECO Samsung DDR3 SODIMM 2x2GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 500GB CHECKMATE. IT'S PASSIVE 
OSOSPowerCase
Windows 10 Professional Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Chieftec SFX 250VS Jonsbo U1 
  hide details  
Reply
U2
(13 items)
 
U1
(8 items)
 
SFF
(18 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770 Z77N-WIFI GTX 970 Turbo Kingston Valueram VLP 2x4GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston UV400 240GB ADATA XPG SX900 64GB Thermalright Macho Rev. B AC Accelero Mono Plus 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Thermalright TY-147A Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit Dell P2416D Cooler Master V450S 
Case
Jonsbo U2 
MotherboardRAMHard DriveCooling
MSI N3150I ECO Samsung DDR3 SODIMM 2x2GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 500GB CHECKMATE. IT'S PASSIVE 
OSOSPowerCase
Windows 10 Professional Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Chieftec SFX 250VS Jonsbo U1 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCGAMER] PUBG exec contemplating 'further action' over Fortnite Battle Royale similarities