This is what my performance looks like in quite literally every game that I play. A very strange and frustrating stuttering problem. This doesn't happen all the time. Every now and then performance is solid and everything is okay, but every 10-15 minutes or so, this happens and lasts for about 5 minutes until everything returns to normal. CPU and GPU usage show nothing unusual. Problem is affecting my desktop usage as well. When typing documents in word of browsing Chrome, the small stuttering issue can me noticed.
- Hardware is about 5 years old. Videocard is quite new (GTX1070, 6 months old)
- Windows has been reinstalled. Everything is clean
- Playing videogames on my on board videochip with my GTX1070 disabled shows the same results
- Drivers are up to date. I even tried downgrading to see if it was a driver problem. This was not the case
- Used to heavily overclock my CPU a few years ago (i5-3570k, 4,2GHZ on a Corsair h100i). But haven't done that in years.
Any ideas on what might cause this problem?
Thanks in advance!