Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › 31.5" 2560x1440 165 Hz VA G-Sync - LG 32GK850G
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

31.5" 2560x1440 165 Hz VA G-Sync - LG 32GK850G - Page 20

post #191 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunched View Post

Does anyone know if its likely LG will release a smaller 144hz+ VA in 2018? There hasn't been any news of upcoming gaming monitors from them has there?

Not really, check this post by LG rep for their 2018 plans.
post #192 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by padman View Post

Not really, check this post by LG rep for their 2018 plans.
Hmm if nobody is going to release a 27" or smaller 144hz+ VA with proper overdrive in the next year I guess I'll buy this when its out in Canada.
165hz and GSync are nice improvements so will be the tuned overdrive and overall display uniformity.
I kinda actually prefer a curve now for VA but if curvature is what's ruining all these displays then I'm okay without it.
Good HDR would've been nice

Who knows how long I'd be waiting, nobody cares about under 27" anymore
Edited by Hunched - 12/12/17 at 4:28pm
post #193 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunched View Post

Hmm if nobody is going to release a 27" or smaller 144hz+ VA with proper overdrive in the next year I guess I'll buy this when its out in Canada.
165hz and GSync are nice improvements so will be the tuned overdrive and overall display uniformity.
I kinda actually prefer a curve now for VA but if curvature is what's ruining all these displays then I'm okay without it.
Good HDR would've been nice

Who knows how long I'd be waiting, nobody cares about under 27" anymore

Are you after at least 1440p resolution? Because there's plenty 1080p VA panels. ASUS ROG Strix XG27VQ and MSI Optix G27C2 come to mind as the latest models. They both have a 24" version too. I think they both use the same Samsung panel that CFG70 does.

Edit: NVM, just checked response times for the MSI and it is terrible.
Edited by padman - 12/12/17 at 4:58pm
post #194 of 656
So I'm on the fence between this and the AW3418DW. I feel like the color reproduction and the response times on the AW3418DW are better, but the contrast and lack of BLB on the LG are very nice. hmmmmmm
post #195 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by padman View Post

Are you after at least 1440p resolution? Because there's plenty 1080p VA panels. ASUS ROG Strix XG27VQ and MSI Optix G27C2 come to mind as the latest models. They both have a 24" version too. I think they both use the same Samsung panel that CFG70 does.

Edit: NVM, just checked response times for the MSI and it is terrible.
I'm not, I prefer 1080p 24" for max fps and PPI though I wouldn't want to go any smaller.
Unfortunately the Samsung VA panels have no quality control and so far all have purple "overshoot" no matter who does the overdrive.

Apparently AUO has a 27" 1080p 165hz VA panel on TFT? Doesn't look like its been used in any monitors yet.
It's AUO's smallest VA of 2017 in the database working up from 23"
As the panel exists, I'm gonna wait see. M270HVR01.0
Edited by Hunched - 12/12/17 at 7:55pm
post #196 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notwist View Post

So I'm on the fence between this and the AW3418DW. I feel like the color reproduction and the response times on the AW3418DW are better, but the contrast and lack of BLB on the LG are very nice. hmmmmmm

Having owned both, the AW is disgusting in comparison. Vignetting up top, warm on the right half and cool on the left, horrifically bad IPS glow on the lower left that reaches the center of the screen and blacks that rival a TN.

All of that to avoid some black trails that require laser focus and your nose against the monitor to see. Also 165hz>120hz to someone sensitive.

Give me 10% loss in saturation at the edges + the aforementioned trails during 0-100 transitions all day vs the slew of garbage associated with IPS now days.
Edited by AngryLobster - 12/12/17 at 8:07pm
post #197 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryLobster View Post

Having owned both, the AW is disgusting in comparison. Vignetting up top, warm on the right half and cool on the left, horrifically bad IPS glow on the lower left that reaches the center of the screen and blacks that rival a TN.

All of that to avoid some black trails that require laser focus and your nose against the monitor to see. Also 165hz>120hz to someone sensitive.

Give me 10% loss in saturation at the edges + the aforementioned trails during 0-100 transitions all day vs the slew of garbage associated with IPS now days.

Yeah I own both also and did a side by side, and I agree, the LG is the better display. Now I just need to get one without a dead pixel.or dust.
post #198 of 656
@AngryLobster could you post your ICC profile and settings? Interested in comparison
post #199 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattysGoneWild View Post

No HDR which is a fail. No excuse not to have it being so new and at that price point.

Would it be worth having HDR on a computer monitor? I suppose some people like the look of it, personally I can't stand any HDR image or video, looks too fake.

31.5" @ 1440p? That's pretty much 27" @ 1080p right? Looking for a 1440p, 144hz panel, but have a 1080p 27" which i don't like the look of, can see each individual pixel quite easily.
Edited by spinFX - 12/13/17 at 12:45am
post #200 of 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinFX View Post

31.5" @ 1440p? That's pretty much 27" @ 1080p right? Looking for a 1440p, 144hz panel, but have a 1080p 27" which i don't like the look of, can see each individual pixel quite easily.

31.5" @ 1440p = 94ppi
24" @ 1080p = 91ppi
27" @1080o = 81.5ppi
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › 31.5" 2560x1440 165 Hz VA G-Sync - LG 32GK850G