Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Having Nightmare. My 7950 is not booting.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Having Nightmare. My 7950 is not booting. - Page 3

post #21 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoker91 View Post

Why is it not crashing when running without gpu. I also not ready to accept until I check on another system that gpu is dead.

it crashes with the gpu because the gpu is drawing an extra 250-300W from that PSU to power itself. without the gpu your lucky if your system pulls 200W.

in short - more stress on PSU to provide power is causing system to lock up. which im guessing means it is not up to supplying the power demand of your gpu.

your power supply's max rating is 650W. if you draw close to or over that. it has an internal safety circuit to shut itself down before it catches fire.

power supply rating are what effect that. 650W is the Peak Load of that unit. it cannot sustain that forever without failing. bronze rated power supplys are only good for around 80% of thier rated capacity which means your unit can reliably without a fuss. supply you with 520W of total power draw before it has a hard time.

if you give me system specs, i can calculate you max power draw at load. that will tell you if its the power supply or not.

i need to know:

model of cpu

Size of RAM sticks and how many


how many HDDs/SSDs you have

and how many system fans you have(this includes the fans on your cpu cooler)

scratch those. just these two
Edited by PCSarge - 11/21/17 at 7:34am
Orange Angel
(24 items)
 
Miner/Folder
(11 items)
 
Miner Jr (TM)
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 7600K @ 5.0Ghz ASUS Strix Z270I Gaming Visiontek RX 480 [EK FC nickel/Acetal] 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 525S 256GB M.2  Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Crucial M300 1TB Seagate Firecuda 2TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supreme LTX CSQ [Canadian Special Edition] MCP 35X 10W W/ EK CSQ X-TOP EK Coolstream PE 240 Bitspower Multi Tank 80 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Bitspower Matte Black Rotary Fittings/ Feser Ma... Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Samsung 32 Inch 4K TV Acer S231H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
NKPC V60 65% custom  Corsair RM850i  Corsair Air 240 Razer Deathadder 2013 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Stelseries QCK+ Astro A40 TR+ Mixamp Pro AKRacing Arctica Gaming Chair 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600 EVGA Z77 Stinger ITX Sapphire R9 380X 16GB Mushkin Blackline 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate Barracuda 1TB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 2x Cougar Vortex V12-HP pwm Fans Intel Stock Cooler 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Corsair HX750 Deepcool S12 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 3570 Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe ITX XFX Radeon 6850 Refrerence AMD Radeon 6670 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB Kingston HyperX Black DDR3 WD Blue 320GB Dell 1155 Intel HSF (modded) windows 10 Pro 64 bit 
PowerCase
EVGA 500B Deepcool S12 
  hide details  
Reply
Orange Angel
(24 items)
 
Miner/Folder
(11 items)
 
Miner Jr (TM)
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 7600K @ 5.0Ghz ASUS Strix Z270I Gaming Visiontek RX 480 [EK FC nickel/Acetal] 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 525S 256GB M.2  Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Crucial M300 1TB Seagate Firecuda 2TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supreme LTX CSQ [Canadian Special Edition] MCP 35X 10W W/ EK CSQ X-TOP EK Coolstream PE 240 Bitspower Multi Tank 80 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Bitspower Matte Black Rotary Fittings/ Feser Ma... Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Samsung 32 Inch 4K TV Acer S231H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
NKPC V60 65% custom  Corsair RM850i  Corsair Air 240 Razer Deathadder 2013 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Stelseries QCK+ Astro A40 TR+ Mixamp Pro AKRacing Arctica Gaming Chair 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600 EVGA Z77 Stinger ITX Sapphire R9 380X 16GB Mushkin Blackline 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate Barracuda 1TB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 2x Cougar Vortex V12-HP pwm Fans Intel Stock Cooler 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Corsair HX750 Deepcool S12 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 3570 Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe ITX XFX Radeon 6850 Refrerence AMD Radeon 6670 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB Kingston HyperX Black DDR3 WD Blue 320GB Dell 1155 Intel HSF (modded) windows 10 Pro 64 bit 
PowerCase
EVGA 500B Deepcool S12 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCSarge View Post

it crashes with the gpu because the gpu is drawing an extra 250-300W from that PSU to power itself. without the gpu your lucky if your system pulls 200W.

in short - more stress on PSU to provide power is causing system to lock up. which im guessing means it is not up to supplying the power demand of your gpu.

your power supply's max rating is 650W. if you draw close to or over that. it has an internal safety circuit to shut itself down before it catches fire.

power supply rating are what effect that. 650W is the Peak Load of that unit. it cannot sustain that forever without failing. bronze rated power supplys are only good for around 80% of thier rated capacity which means your unit can reliably without a fuss. supply you with 520W of total power draw before it has a hard time.

if you give me system specs, i can calculate you max power draw at load. that will tell you if its the power supply or not.

i need to know:

model of cpu

Size of RAM sticks and how many


how many HDDs/SSDs you have

and how many system fans you have(this includes the fans on your cpu cooler)

scratch those. just these two

But why this happening now, and never before.

The first day when my PC shutdown happened when I was playing game. I guess, there is something wrong with my GPU I guess.

Asrock Z77 extreme 4
i5 3570k
Sapphire HD 7950 3GB GDDR5
Samsung 850 Pro Evo 500GB
Wester Digital Black Caviar 4TB
Segate 1TB (5200RPM)
Cooler Master GX650W Bronze

I am currently running on stock CPU cooler comes with Intel processor. I have 2 front fans (240), 1 back fan (140).
post #23 of 25
Because something is failing.

You have 2 options. Find a NEW 600w+ power supply to test with, or test the video card in a different PC that has a known good power supply.
post #24 of 25
I feel like it is going to end up being a case of Occam's razor. I hope for your sake I am wrong, video card prices are ridiculous right now frown.gif
ShadowMoses
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair Vengenace Lpx 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX Predator 240GB Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB 3.5in SATA3 64MB C... RAD - EK-CoolStream XE 360 CPU Block - EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
GPU Block - EK-FC Titan X Pascal - Nickel Pump / Res - EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM (incl. sle... Fans - 3 x EK-Vardar F4-120ER (2200rpm) Coolant - EK-Ekoolant Pastel BLUE (concentrate ... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Tubing - EK-DuraClear 11,1/15,9mm Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64Bit BenQ XL2720Z 27in LED 144HZ 1ms GTG FPS Gaming ... 42" LG TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Gaming K65 Lux RGB Compact Mechanical K... EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 80 Plus Gold Certified 1... Thermaltake Core P3 SE Snow Edition Corsair Gaming M65 Pro RGB Optical Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Corsair Gaming MM300 
  hide details  
Reply
ShadowMoses
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair Vengenace Lpx 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX Predator 240GB Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB 3.5in SATA3 64MB C... RAD - EK-CoolStream XE 360 CPU Block - EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
GPU Block - EK-FC Titan X Pascal - Nickel Pump / Res - EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM (incl. sle... Fans - 3 x EK-Vardar F4-120ER (2200rpm) Coolant - EK-Ekoolant Pastel BLUE (concentrate ... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Tubing - EK-DuraClear 11,1/15,9mm Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64Bit BenQ XL2720Z 27in LED 144HZ 1ms GTG FPS Gaming ... 42" LG TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Gaming K65 Lux RGB Compact Mechanical K... EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1 80 Plus Gold Certified 1... Thermaltake Core P3 SE Snow Edition Corsair Gaming M65 Pro RGB Optical Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Corsair Gaming MM300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad5ector View Post

I feel like it is going to end up being a case of Occam's razor. I hope for your sake I am wrong, video card prices are ridiculous right now frown.gif

I know. Hope my GPU is a-okay. Waiting for my friend to return so that I can test my psu and gpu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post

Because something is failing.

You have 2 options. Find a NEW 600w+ power supply to test with, or test the video card in a different PC that has a known good power supply.

Why do I need a new 600w though?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Having Nightmare. My 7950 is not booting.