Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus P5N32-E Overclocking Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus P5N32-E Overclocking Guide - Page 515

post #5141 of 5659
hi there
i still have a e6400 rev l2, and i'am using the 1203.
does the 1503 indicated for it and will clock better???
Thanks
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e6400 rev l2 P5N32-E Sli Assus 8800gts 2*1 Gb Corsair Xms Dhx2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD2500KS Lite-on WinXp and Vista Samsung 940BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Lc-Power 750w home made Razer 1.6 Pro 
Mouse Pad
razer 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e6400 rev l2 P5N32-E Sli Assus 8800gts 2*1 Gb Corsair Xms Dhx2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD2500KS Lite-on WinXp and Vista Samsung 940BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Lc-Power 750w home made Razer 1.6 Pro 
Mouse Pad
razer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5142 of 5659
It may not clock better at all - the board was ok with dual cores.

What clocks you getting now? basically... if it aint broke, don't fix it
post #5143 of 5659
I found that I couldn't get my computer to post at 3.6 before. I am typing this at 3.6. BUt it took another 120mm fan facing towards the board to do it. All voltage settings still on auto. 9x400, ram: 800mhz 4-4-4-12- 1t.

With my system,

a: what should I set voltages too? cpu-z is reading 1.34 on the chip right now. How about everything else?

b: I'm assuming my next step should probably be to get the NB and SB cool. Which I want to do, just don't want to remove the cool heat piping. LOL. Whats the best/quickest way to do this? I found options, just don't know which one.

My other question is, my power supply gets really warm also, should I up that too?

thanks
Edited by labeldave - 8/25/08 at 5:53pm
WORK IN PROGRESS
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4.45Ghz(1780X10) 1.42v P5N32-E 8800GT SLI x2 2x 2024 CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 890MHZ 5-5-5-15 2T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAPTOR 74GB DVD R/W WINDOWS XP SCEPTRE 21" WIDE 
PowerCase
PCP&C QUAD 750W COOLERMASTER 590 
  hide details  
Reply
WORK IN PROGRESS
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4.45Ghz(1780X10) 1.42v P5N32-E 8800GT SLI x2 2x 2024 CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 890MHZ 5-5-5-15 2T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAPTOR 74GB DVD R/W WINDOWS XP SCEPTRE 21" WIDE 
PowerCase
PCP&C QUAD 750W COOLERMASTER 590 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5144 of 5659
I will post some pics in a sec but to utilise the standard cooling...

Screw a 40 mm fan to the Northbridge chip.(if you can with your cpu cooler.
Use thermal tape to attach a better heatsink to the southbridge (on top of the existing one) they make a little difference.

but...

Volts..

1.55 max on northbridge good for 450fsb+ with Dual Core
Cpu VTT - it's an oft debated number this - I did as Robilar states at the start and set it to 1.55 (although with the previous bios lower settings were better).
1.2v HT - 1.25-1.3 ish.
southbridge.. lol - any more volts on stock cooling and you could fry eggs on this sucker.
(set to 1.5).

I suggest grabbing your cpu volts and doing a quick reboot/stresstest until you can get it stable at as low a voltage as possible.

Good luck.

Edit: added a pic of what I used - I Just cut the heatpipes and use original heatsinks for the mosfets (although - the tim they use is soooooooooo bad - make sure you replace it.) an Evercool Serpent and Hr05 Sli/Ifx.

Edited by Chickenman - 8/25/08 at 7:45pm
post #5145 of 5659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenman View Post
I will post some pics in a sec but to utilise the standard cooling...

Screw a 40 mm fan to the Northbridge chip.(if you can with your cpu cooler.
Use thermal tape to attach a better heatsink to the southbridge (on top of the existing one) they make a little difference.

but...

Volts..

1.55 max on northbridge good for 450fsb+ with Dual Core
Cpu VTT - it's an oft debated number this - I did as Robilar states at the start and set it to 1.55 (although with the previous bios lower settings were better).
1.2v HT - 1.25-1.3 ish.
southbridge.. lol - any more volts on stock cooling and you could fry eggs on this sucker.
(set to 1.5).

I suggest grabbing your cpu volts and doing a quick reboot/stresstest until you can get it stable at as low a voltage as possible.

Good luck.

Edit: added a pic of what I used - I Just cut the heatpipes and use original heatsinks for the mosfets (although - the tim they use is soooooooooo bad - make sure you replace it.) an Evercool Serpent and Hr05 Sli/Ifx.
I like that setup in the pic, but unfortunately my dual 8800gt's my not fit.
Little by little I'm learning and all you guys are great. I'm going to try some direct 40mm fans right on the NB and SB before I go too much further.
WORK IN PROGRESS
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4.45Ghz(1780X10) 1.42v P5N32-E 8800GT SLI x2 2x 2024 CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 890MHZ 5-5-5-15 2T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAPTOR 74GB DVD R/W WINDOWS XP SCEPTRE 21" WIDE 
PowerCase
PCP&C QUAD 750W COOLERMASTER 590 
  hide details  
Reply
WORK IN PROGRESS
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4.45Ghz(1780X10) 1.42v P5N32-E 8800GT SLI x2 2x 2024 CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 890MHZ 5-5-5-15 2T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAPTOR 74GB DVD R/W WINDOWS XP SCEPTRE 21" WIDE 
PowerCase
PCP&C QUAD 750W COOLERMASTER 590 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5146 of 5659
Quote:
Originally Posted by labeldave View Post
I like that setup in the pic, but unfortunately my dual 8800gt's my not fit.
Little by little I'm learning and all you guys are great. I'm going to try some direct 40mm fans right on the NB and SB before I go too much further.
Grab everest from somewhere if you haven't already - the temps you're looking for are spp and mcp in the sensor page.

Also - as long as you don't use a different soundcard the twin 8800's will fit with that Heatsink, I used to have mine in the bottom slot no probs.
Edited by Chickenman - 8/26/08 at 1:09pm
post #5147 of 5659
Just a fast off-topic question:

Will a intel e7200 work with this mobo?

Thanx
post #5148 of 5659
I have a quick question i have this same board, no problems overclocking at all got my C2D E6600 up to 3.6 on aircooling, MY problem is that.. for some reason i cannot run CPU-z, i tried to run it on several different times. i receive an odd .dll error.. does anyone else have this same problem with CPU-z with this board?
DanNiE DaRkO
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E6600 Asus P5n32-E SLI PNY 8800GTX 4GB Crucial BallistiX Tracer 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
(OS)2xWD Raptor X's Raid 0, 2XWD 500GB Raid 0 2X Plextor DVDRW Windows XP Pro Samsung 19inch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake 650W Thermaltake Armor Fulltower Logitech G5 SteelPad 
  hide details  
Reply
DanNiE DaRkO
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E6600 Asus P5n32-E SLI PNY 8800GTX 4GB Crucial BallistiX Tracer 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
(OS)2xWD Raptor X's Raid 0, 2XWD 500GB Raid 0 2X Plextor DVDRW Windows XP Pro Samsung 19inch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake 650W Thermaltake Armor Fulltower Logitech G5 SteelPad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5149 of 5659
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanNiE DaRkO View Post
I have a quick question i have this same board, no problems overclocking at all got my C2D E6600 up to 3.6 on aircooling, MY problem is that.. for some reason i cannot run CPU-z, i tried to run it on several different times. i receive an odd .dll error.. does anyone else have this same problem with CPU-z with this board?
I had that board about half a year ago, never had any problems with cpu-z.

Try by re-installing the latest version:

http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpuz_147.zip

Hope this helps

FilluX
post #5150 of 5659
--
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus P5N32-E Overclocking Guide