post #1 of 1
Thread Starter 
Since I'm pretty much stuck on my current rig for while, I've got to squeeze the most possible out of it. So this morning I felt like running some CPU tests on the Source engine, and see how much impact minor tweaks would have.

I tests were ran with the exact same graphic settings, being as low as possible to see the CPU impact more clearly, and did 3 runs each time.

Started out with:

3.6Ghz (240x15), HT enabled, 1:1 ratio

1. 275.50
2. 273.70
3. 271.03

avg: 273.41

Increased the FSB:RAM ratio to 3:4

3.6Ghz (240x15), HT enabled, 3:4 ratio

1. 283.83
2. 281.50
3. 283.93

avg: 283.08

Disabled HT:

3.6Ghz (240x15), HT disabled, 3:4 ratio

1. 292.21
2. 290.41
3. 292.86

avg: 291.82

Stepped FSB up to 246:

3.69Ghz (246x15), HT disabled, 3:4 ratio

1. 301.44
2. 300.56
3. 298.32

avg: 300.10


I'm pretty happy right now, got a 27 FPS increase in the tests, so I'll be running Prime95 tonight to see if the OC is stable.

I've attached the ATT settings and an example of the Source results.