Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › evga 8800gts 320mb
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

evga 8800gts 320mb

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
So when I run 3dmar06 with my e6600 at stock speeds and my 8800gts 320mb at stock speeds i get a score around 8067. In the first test when running 3dmark06 i get around 30-60 fps. Like 3 weeks ago I ran the test with my e6600 overclocked to 3.29ghz and got a score of 105XX. I set my cpu speed back to stock after I ran that test till I got a better cooler. Now I ran my e6600 at 3.29ghz again and I only get a score of 8450 and in the first test i get 15-30 fps. I think it has something to do with my video card because since the first test its a video card test, its testing the video card. I get really low fps when I overclock my cpu. When running at stock speeds everything seems to be running good. Anyone know why?
Tw1l!ght
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 4850X2 GSKILL 3GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 74GB Raptor Samsung 22X CD/DVD Burner XP PRO Samsung T220 22" 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
Tw1l!ght
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 4850X2 GSKILL 3GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 74GB Raptor Samsung 22X CD/DVD Burner XP PRO Samsung T220 22" 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 18
Im guessing your overclock isnt stable. Doesnt seem like a problem with your video card at all. Are you orthos stable on those overclocks for at least 8 hours?
post #3 of 18
Drivers updated? In that I mean between tests did you update to a new driver revision that could have thrown off the fps and results? I've had it happen on my cards before and I've noticed a slowdown on my eVGA 800GTS 320 as well lately.
Refreshed Duo
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 E0@4.25Ghz (500x8.5) Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX285 (720/1674/2772) 2x2gb G.SKILL PC8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3xWD 250GB RAID0 Sony DVD/CDR/RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ACER 24" P241WAID LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 (Original) OCZ GameXStream 700w SLI ThermalTake Armor Black Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razor XACT 
  hide details  
Reply
Refreshed Duo
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 E0@4.25Ghz (500x8.5) Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX285 (720/1674/2772) 2x2gb G.SKILL PC8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3xWD 250GB RAID0 Sony DVD/CDR/RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ACER 24" P241WAID LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 (Original) OCZ GameXStream 700w SLI ThermalTake Armor Black Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razor XACT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 18
Thread Starter 
I have my cpu stable at 3.29ghz and vcore at 1.425. I ran orthos for 10 hrs and no problems. When I first built this computer I overclocked the cpu to 3.29ghz and had it stable, everything else at stock speeds. I ran 3dmark06 and had a really good improvance in score(10500). Now when I run the test i get 8067 and I noticed my fps drops a lot in every game when I overclock my cpu. Im thinking it might be a driver I downloaded or something. Im thinking about reformatting this computer and installing new drivers and see if there is any difference.
Tw1l!ght
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 4850X2 GSKILL 3GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 74GB Raptor Samsung 22X CD/DVD Burner XP PRO Samsung T220 22" 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
Tw1l!ght
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 4850X2 GSKILL 3GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 74GB Raptor Samsung 22X CD/DVD Burner XP PRO Samsung T220 22" 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoman101 View Post
So when I run 3dmar06 with my e6600 at stock speeds and my 8800gts 320mb at stock speeds i get a score around 8067. In the first test when running 3dmark06 i get around 30-60 fps. Like 3 weeks ago I ran the test with my e6600 overclocked to 3.29ghz and got a score of 105XX. I set my cpu speed back to stock after I ran that test till I got a better cooler. Now I ran my e6600 at 3.29ghz again and I only get a score of 8450 and in the first test i get 15-30 fps. I think it has something to do with my video card because since the first test its a video card test, its testing the video card. I get really low fps when I overclock my cpu. When running at stock speeds everything seems to be running good. Anyone know why?
Holy CRAP, finally someone with the same issue, no it's not the card, same thing happened with my 7900gt a few times and with this 8800gt. It's not the nvidia drivers and I know it can't be the card as I reapplied AS5 to cooler, it can completely happen at random regardless of what temperature the gpu and cpu are at. I just cannot be sure what it is, I just want to say that it is the nvidia drivers but I can't confirm it one way or another so I will have to say it is something with the DS3 possibly since the results were replicated with a different card.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon 3110 @ 4.1 Ghz DFI Lanparty X38 DK-2TR Radeon 5850 @ 925 Mhz 2 GB DDR2 800 OCZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 500GB x 2 (Raid 0) Vista Samsung 205BW Razer Reclusa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ GameXstream 600 Antec Super Lan Boy Razer Habu 1080 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon 3110 @ 4.1 Ghz DFI Lanparty X38 DK-2TR Radeon 5850 @ 925 Mhz 2 GB DDR2 800 OCZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 500GB x 2 (Raid 0) Vista Samsung 205BW Razer Reclusa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ GameXstream 600 Antec Super Lan Boy Razer Habu 1080 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 18
Normally I get about 75 fps at the start of the first test, but when this performance drop happens its starts off at about 22 fps so I normally just kill the power to the computer and reboot and more often then not it's back to normal. I monitor the temps closely at all times so I am just more confused than you are.

Can anyone else better explain what could be happening here? Maybe a chipset that is getting too hot or not enough voltage going to the card?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon 3110 @ 4.1 Ghz DFI Lanparty X38 DK-2TR Radeon 5850 @ 925 Mhz 2 GB DDR2 800 OCZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 500GB x 2 (Raid 0) Vista Samsung 205BW Razer Reclusa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ GameXstream 600 Antec Super Lan Boy Razer Habu 1080 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon 3110 @ 4.1 Ghz DFI Lanparty X38 DK-2TR Radeon 5850 @ 925 Mhz 2 GB DDR2 800 OCZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 500GB x 2 (Raid 0) Vista Samsung 205BW Razer Reclusa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ GameXstream 600 Antec Super Lan Boy Razer Habu 1080 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
I think it has something to do with the chipset aswell. Might be wrong. Im going to try and contact evga and gigabyte about this issue and see whats up.
Tw1l!ght
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 4850X2 GSKILL 3GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 74GB Raptor Samsung 22X CD/DVD Burner XP PRO Samsung T220 22" 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
Tw1l!ght
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 4850X2 GSKILL 3GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 74GB Raptor Samsung 22X CD/DVD Burner XP PRO Samsung T220 22" 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpuser View Post
Normally I get about 75 fps at the start of the first test, but when this performance drop happens its starts off at about 22 fps so I normally just kill the power to the computer and reboot and more often then not it's back to normal. I monitor the temps closely at all times so I am just more confused than you are.

Can anyone else better explain what could be happening here? Maybe a chipset that is getting too hot or not enough voltage going to the card?
Hey what bios version do you have? I havent tried f11, but im curious that this might solve the problem.

BIOS Update:

- Fixed PCI-E overclock issue
- Support for Intel E6420 & E6320 CPUs
Tw1l!ght
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 4850X2 GSKILL 3GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 74GB Raptor Samsung 22X CD/DVD Burner XP PRO Samsung T220 22" 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
Tw1l!ght
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 4850X2 GSKILL 3GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 74GB Raptor Samsung 22X CD/DVD Burner XP PRO Samsung T220 22" 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
After reformatting computer and installing new drivers. I came up with a conclusion. I ran 3dmark06 without rivatuner and atitool installed in my computer. I ran 3dmark06 with my e6600 @ 3.29ghz and 8800gts at stock speeds. I got a score of 9296. I then installed rivatuner and overclocked my card to 661/982. I ran 3dmark06 and I was getting the problem where in the video card test I got low fps. I did a system restore to remove rivatuner. I did a 3dmark06 test again with e6600 @ 3.29ghz and 8800gts at stock speeds, and everything was back to normal. I then installed ati tool and overclocked my card to 661/982 and ran the 3dmark06 test. This time the fps didnt decrease and I got a score of 10984. I came up with the conclusion that rivatuner had something to do, that when I overclocked my cpu and ran 3dmark06, it decreased my 8800gts performance.

If anyone else have this problem try what I tried and see if it helps
Tw1l!ght
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 4850X2 GSKILL 3GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 74GB Raptor Samsung 22X CD/DVD Burner XP PRO Samsung T220 22" 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
Tw1l!ght
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 4850X2 GSKILL 3GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 74GB Raptor Samsung 22X CD/DVD Burner XP PRO Samsung T220 22" 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoman101 View Post
After reformatting computer and installing new drivers. I came up with a conclusion. I ran 3dmark06 without rivatuner and atitool installed in my computer. I ran 3dmark06 with my e6600 @ 3.29ghz and 8800gts at stock speeds. I got a score of 9296. I then installed rivatuner and overclocked my card to 661/982. I ran 3dmark06 and I was getting the problem where in the video card test I got low fps. I did a system restore to remove rivatuner. I did a 3dmark06 test again with e6600 @ 3.29ghz and 8800gts at stock speeds, and everything was back to normal. I then installed ati tool and overclocked my card to 661/982 and ran the 3dmark06 test. This time the fps didnt decrease and I got a score of 10984. I came up with the conclusion that rivatuner had something to do, that when I overclocked my cpu and ran 3dmark06, it decreased my 8800gts performance.

If anyone else have this problem try what I tried and see if it helps

This was wrong. Rivatuner wasnt causing the problem. After a few restarts the problem started showing up. Im 95% the mobo is causing the problem, because it sometimes works and sometimes doesnt.
Tw1l!ght
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 4850X2 GSKILL 3GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 74GB Raptor Samsung 22X CD/DVD Burner XP PRO Samsung T220 22" 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
Tw1l!ght
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 4850X2 GSKILL 3GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 74GB Raptor Samsung 22X CD/DVD Burner XP PRO Samsung T220 22" 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › evga 8800gts 320mb