Overclock.net banner

3600 Brisbane doesnt seem stable

1K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  pow3rtr1p 
#1 ·
Stalker wont run at all once i go outside for the first time, HL2 Ep. 1 freezes after a half hour and CSS works fine. Dont know what the problem is, I did just buy a new monitor so the 1440-900 res may be an issue, or northbridge may be overheating, maybe even the ram is too overclocked?

I welcome any ideas.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazino
View Post

no, gpu oc, it was topping out at 70c. All i did was up the HTT/FSB? up to 235. Makes the ram run at 377 which would mean it is 744, i oc'ed this ram nearly to 800 with my C2D.

Don't overlook the possibility that it's your psu if all your components are set properly.

#10 ·
70 is a bit toasty, i will probably be putting on an accelero soon, but it is no case so it shouldnt be too hot.

actually i see it is idling at 50c, i wonder if it isnt seated quite right.

what is the best way to monitor temps on this X2, something like TAT would be nice.

#11 ·
Ya, I think your problem is the temp. I find the most accurate temp and voltage is usulally found on the boot screen. When you want to see the temps just reboot into bios and check them out. Restarting should holt the temp where it was, but if you shut down and restart the temp might increase, because the fan has to spin up. The psu could be the problem if it is not producing enough power to the gpu.

#13 ·
i had this psu with a different X1900gt and it was fine. could be the problem but im going to try lowering the temps first.

gpu fan was only set to go to like 70% at 70c so i have that upped and im maxing out at 66c which is better. cpu temps were pretty low.

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norse
View Post

70c for a graphics card is ok btw, mine before i put a PCI blower under it was idling at about 75c (its a silent MSI 7600gs).

I have a 7600gt Fatal1ty with passive cooling and it never goes above 46c. This card is factory oc'd allmost to the max
I am no expert, but 70c just seems high and could be the cause of the shutdown.

#16 ·
Quote:

View Post

i had this psu with a different X1900gt and it was fine. could be the problem but im going to try lowering the temps first.

gpu fan was only set to go to like 70% at 70c so i have that upped and im maxing out at 66c which is better. cpu temps were pretty low.

most of the x1xxx series cards run a bit hotter than ati's last gen, so heat shouldnt be much a problem, ive seen 1900's run in the 80's and still playing for hours later, not saying thats a good thing but seems these cards can handle it.

Question, which revision of the x1900gt do u have, rev1 with analog pwm or rev2 with digital pwm? rev1 does draw more power.

Also how many amps does your psu have on its 12v rail? Ultra doesnt make the greatest pus's around either

#18 ·
You should return everything to stock for the time being and see how everything runs, the most probable things causing this are heat issues, or just instability of the psu. Id check your northbridge temps and strap on a small fan if its passively cooled, also an accelerox2 wouldnt be a bad idea seeing as we're getting into the summer months soon and nice warm temps

#20 ·
try it with a different psu

do memtest on the ram

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AegisFLCL View Post
You should return everything to stock for the time being and see how everything runs, the most probable things causing this are heat issues, or just instability of the psu. Id check your northbridge temps and strap on a small fan if its passively cooled, also an accelerox2 wouldnt be a bad idea seeing as we're getting into the summer months soon and nice warm temps

good advice

#23 ·
im still working on mine but i have found that it doesnt like the 9.5x multi when OCing. i was at 3.0Ghz with a 9.0 multi but it was running like crap. i have it down to 8x now and have even dripped the voltage from 1.4 to 1.3675 and it appears to be 100% stable.

#25 ·
Quote:

View Post

no other psu to test with anymore. it does CSS without freezing. and i am a memtest noob.

CSS is one of the least stressful games u can play on your pc, its not gonna help u diagnose the problem very well, ive played for 5 hours on a unstable oc in cs and it lasts about 3 seconds in 3dmark05

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.