Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Help Me With My Super Build!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help Me With My Super Build! - Page 2

post #11 of 18
Ultra is an awesome PSU
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
T5200 Intel 945 Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 160GB SATA Multiformat Double Layer DVD RW Windows Vista Home Premium 15.4" Ultra Bright WXGA TFT/WestingHouse 22" LCD 
KeyboardCaseMouse
Dynex Gateway Dynex 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
T5200 Intel 945 Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 160GB SATA Multiformat Double Layer DVD RW Windows Vista Home Premium 15.4" Ultra Bright WXGA TFT/WestingHouse 22" LCD 
KeyboardCaseMouse
Dynex Gateway Dynex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladesurfer View Post
Ultra is an awesome PSU
Yeah I keep hearing people rave about the awesomeness of recent Ultra PSUs. But there are some people that still assume that Ultra PSUs are :turd:.
The Monster
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI P67 G43 HD 6950 Crossfire Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial C300 128GB Windows 7 64bit Acer 22 Inch Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra X3 1000W CM Stacker 830 Evolution Logitech G7 Steelpad 5L 
  hide details  
Reply
The Monster
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI P67 G43 HD 6950 Crossfire Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial C300 128GB Windows 7 64bit Acer 22 Inch Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra X3 1000W CM Stacker 830 Evolution Logitech G7 Steelpad 5L 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki No Tobi View Post
Yeah I keep hearing people rave about the awesomeness of recent Ultra PSUs. But there are some people that still assume that Ultra PSUs are :turd:.
Its because of the X-connect 3 years ago. In this business you make one mistake and it will carry on till the day you die.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
T5200 Intel 945 Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 160GB SATA Multiformat Double Layer DVD RW Windows Vista Home Premium 15.4" Ultra Bright WXGA TFT/WestingHouse 22" LCD 
KeyboardCaseMouse
Dynex Gateway Dynex 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
T5200 Intel 945 Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 160GB SATA Multiformat Double Layer DVD RW Windows Vista Home Premium 15.4" Ultra Bright WXGA TFT/WestingHouse 22" LCD 
KeyboardCaseMouse
Dynex Gateway Dynex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki No Tobi View Post
I was originally thinking of a PC P&C, but I want modular instead. Plus PC P&C PSUs are so loud, and I want my rig to be extremely quiet.
Ah! I'm talking about the SILENCER model, I have one and it barely makes a sound, the fan is very silent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki No Tobi View Post
And I have to disagree with your statement about Ultra PSUs. True most of them are garbage, but have you actually looked at the specs of the Ultra X3? Even Jonny Guru praises that PSU for it's awesomeness.
Listen, just because Hyundai's come with a 10 year warranty, doesn't mean they're good or better than BMWs, nonetheless, it's an ULTRA and they're crap as modular goes as well.

Here, something to learn about modular PSUs: http://www.pcpower.com/technology/myths/

Quote:
3. DON'T LOSE POWER WITH MODULAR PLUGS
Due to their look, convenience, and cost savings for manufacturers, modular plugs have become a popular power supply feature. Unfortunately, there has been little or no discussion of the impact of this feature on overall performance and reliability. The fact is, modular plugs limit power by adding to electrical resistance. The voltage drop can be as much as would occur in 2 feet of standard wire. Worse yet, modular plugs utilize delicate pins that can easily loosen, corrode, and burn, creating the potential for a major system failure. That's why professional system builders specify uninterrupted wire!
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladesurfer View Post
Its because of the X-connect 3 years ago. In this business you make one mistake and it will carry on till the day you die.
You know what... in my first PC build, i used an Ultra X-Connect PSU. I wasn't a great pc builder and didn't know all the good parts, but it should have worked. 2 months later pc doesn't turn on, Ultra PSU crapped out lol.

But i have heard good things of recent ultra PSUs...
Build is awsome... i'm jealous
You will love those seagate 7200.10 in raid0, it's l33t sauce
post #16 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasgul View Post
Ah! I'm talking about the SILENCER model, I have one and it barely makes a sound, the fan is very silent.

Listen, just because Hyundai's come with a 10 year warranty, doesn't mean they're good or better than BMWs, nonetheless, it's an ULTRA and they're crap as modular goes as well.

Here, something to learn about modular PSUs: http://www.pcpower.com/technology/myths/
I'm not saying that the Ultra PSU is good because of its warranty. I'm saying it's good because the PSU itself is good. Actually check out the review before you say anything else. You really shouldn't assume that all Ultra PSUs are bad just because some are.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/review_deta...103&page_num=4
The Monster
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI P67 G43 HD 6950 Crossfire Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial C300 128GB Windows 7 64bit Acer 22 Inch Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra X3 1000W CM Stacker 830 Evolution Logitech G7 Steelpad 5L 
  hide details  
Reply
The Monster
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI P67 G43 HD 6950 Crossfire Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial C300 128GB Windows 7 64bit Acer 22 Inch Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra X3 1000W CM Stacker 830 Evolution Logitech G7 Steelpad 5L 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 18
Thread Starter 
Does anyone know if a cheap RAID controller is worth the money? Or should I just stick with the onboard?
The Monster
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI P67 G43 HD 6950 Crossfire Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial C300 128GB Windows 7 64bit Acer 22 Inch Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra X3 1000W CM Stacker 830 Evolution Logitech G7 Steelpad 5L 
  hide details  
Reply
The Monster
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI P67 G43 HD 6950 Crossfire Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial C300 128GB Windows 7 64bit Acer 22 Inch Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra X3 1000W CM Stacker 830 Evolution Logitech G7 Steelpad 5L 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 18
You'll be just fine with onboard. It honestly shouldn't matter how you do it, so onboard is the way to go.
Project Overclock
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Conroe E6600 ASUS P5B Deluxe PNY 8800GTS 320MB G.SKILL 2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320 GB SATA SATA DVD-ROM Windows XP Dell 17" Upgrading ASAP 
PowerCase
OCZ GameXStream 600W Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Overclock
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Conroe E6600 ASUS P5B Deluxe PNY 8800GTS 320MB G.SKILL 2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320 GB SATA SATA DVD-ROM Windows XP Dell 17" Upgrading ASAP 
PowerCase
OCZ GameXStream 600W Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Help Me With My Super Build!