CPU: E6600 L706A498 @ 3.02GHz @ VCore: 1.425V
Bios Modifications: VCore>1.425V MCH>Stock MEM>Stock FSB>336MHz FSB:MEM>1:1
MOBO: Biostar 965PT Latest Bios
MEM: 4x512Mb Micron DDR2 667
HDD: 1xSATA2 Seagate 320Gb 2xIDE WD80Gb
Graphic Card: 1 x XFX7600GT 256Mb Stock speed
Cooling Method: Air Stock Fan with newly apply CM paste, casing having 1x80mm intake and 1x120mm exhaust
Normal/Idle: Cpu:34C Core1:39C Core2:39C Case(CM C5):34C Room:31C
Strees Test: OCCT 3 hours Cpu:65C Core1:64C Core2:64C
Temp Monitoring Tool: Everest Ultimate V4.00.976
Just some question for the expert of OC:
1. The temperature 65C is in acceptable range or not with the increase of 26% of OC?
2. Is it a MUST for us to increase the MEM/MCH voltage during OC?
3. Any other recomended Stress tool for stability testing other then OCCT/SuperPI/Prime95? (TAT fail to start on this MOBO)
4. How the strees tool test result vs reality (most of ppl not fully load their CPU all the time right)?
5. What exactly the different it make for a different Batch build?
6. Some benchmark testing show the HDD operation is the slowest compare with others, which is the main contributor for the HDD performance?
Heard that the MCH will heat up like hell with this Biostar MOBO but during testing full load the MCH is about same temp as the southbridge ~60C (at the HS) measure by external Fluke temp probe. Any URL recomentation for reference regarding the NB/SB temp?