Overclock.net banner

changing power from US to UK

609 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Lauvan 
#1 ·
im moving to the UK soon and im wondering what ill need to have my computer running over there.
can i just change the power cable and switch the power supply and monitor to 240v?

#3 ·
You could always read on the sticker of your PSU. If it says "110v-240v", you will be fine.

If not, goodbye components

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AKAeric
View Post

If your PSU is auto switching, it'll switch itself and you just need a new cord. If its not auto switching, flip the red switch on the back of the PSU and hook up the new cord.

i just bought a new monitor HannsG that says on the back 120-240v, doesn't have the red switch. is it safe to assume that its self switching?

where can i buy these cables from?

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hks85
View Post

i just bought a new monitor HannsG that says on the back 120-240v, doesn't have the red switch. is it safe to assume that its self switching?

where can i buy these cables from?

Yeah, then it's self-switching.

I don't know about UK cables, but you can always get those in major malls.
It's funny how often they're used, yet rare found.

#13 ·
hey man, over here you can buy adaptors that plug into the plug pins so that it will work on our 3 pin plug system, though im sure they sell them in the u.s for people coming over here on holiday who need to use electrical items such as PDA and mobile phone chargers as an example.

hope that is of some help at least lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.