Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › do you aprove my new pc?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

do you aprove my new pc? - Page 6

post #51 of 63
Well just thought I would give you this little fact.

Seagate did by maxtor , However Maxtor is a subdivision that belongs to seagate.

Maxtor still has there own method of production and seagate also has there own method. Buying maxtor didnt make seagates drives any worse.
post #52 of 63
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallia16 View Post
i think its a very good strong build nice choices

i love the way someone asks an opinion on a new build and people start arguing about hdd's.....
anyway, you'll enjoy that rig very much
on the topic of maxtor drives being crap....ive had mine about 5 yrs, is basicly silent and although it is ide its quite impressive, never had a days problem with it, its been partitioned so many times ive lost count and formatted for that matter. However am considering buying 2 sata drives to raid0, what would you recomend?

ps sorry for kind of hijacking your thread
i think you should go for it...i say all the time tha disk space is never too much, you never know what you will do with your machine tomorow...if you have the budget go for it
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2100 ASUS P8H61-M LX3 Plus ATI Sapphire HD 5750 vapor-x 1x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue DVD+-RW DL I had around, util i buy a BR-Drive Everything stock Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Philips 190S5FG LG W2243S-PF Logitech Classic 200 Corsair CX 430 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NOX Zen Trust silverstone 1600DPI wired 1€ at local store xD Logitech S220 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2100 ASUS P8H61-M LX3 Plus ATI Sapphire HD 5750 vapor-x 1x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue DVD+-RW DL I had around, util i buy a BR-Drive Everything stock Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Philips 190S5FG LG W2243S-PF Logitech Classic 200 Corsair CX 430 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NOX Zen Trust silverstone 1600DPI wired 1€ at local store xD Logitech S220 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
Well just thought I would give you this little fact.

Seagate did by maxtor , However Maxtor is a subdivision that belongs to seagate.

Maxtor still has there own method of production and seagate also has there own method. Buying maxtor didnt make seagates drives any worse.

Yes...and before that Seagate was a respectable and good company. However SINCE they bought crappy Maxtor their quality went down the drain....they decided to merge Maxtors crappy technology into their own and since then Seagate Hard Drives ( the .10 ones that is ) are known for failure...just like Maxtors.

And to all the ppl that told me to stop spreading this around... No. I will not. So please sit on this and maybe do some research and you will find that I am only telling you the truth.

If you still do not believe me then please go elsewhere.

Mayers: Sorry for this. There are a bunch of idiots here that would rather you buy a unreliable hard drive. Stick with WD.
post #54 of 63
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digikid View Post

Mayers: Sorry for this. There are a bunch of idiots here that would rather you buy a unreliable hard drive. Stick with WD.
iam going for the WD

http://www.chiptec.net/index.php?cat...0&order=titulo

its a good HDD for a good price. tnhx for your opinion

about this seagate\\WD thing...the maxtor drives did sell...and if they did then probably not all of them were crapy...some HDD could be decent and work well...the same goes for the seagate .10 just because no one had problems it doesnt mean that they arent there....maybe you guys just got lucky and got a non crapy batch...if digikid says theat he has experience and they are giving some people problems i think we should hear what he has to say instead of flaming him....he woulnd talk just to talk...you guys need to be more receptive about things...just because your HDDs are great it doenst mean that they are all that way...



tnhx all you guys for the repies
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2100 ASUS P8H61-M LX3 Plus ATI Sapphire HD 5750 vapor-x 1x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue DVD+-RW DL I had around, util i buy a BR-Drive Everything stock Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Philips 190S5FG LG W2243S-PF Logitech Classic 200 Corsair CX 430 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NOX Zen Trust silverstone 1600DPI wired 1€ at local store xD Logitech S220 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2100 ASUS P8H61-M LX3 Plus ATI Sapphire HD 5750 vapor-x 1x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue DVD+-RW DL I had around, util i buy a BR-Drive Everything stock Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Philips 190S5FG LG W2243S-PF Logitech Classic 200 Corsair CX 430 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NOX Zen Trust silverstone 1600DPI wired 1€ at local store xD Logitech S220 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 63
Not sure if you've changed your plan yet, but I would recommend DDR2 800 RAM. RAM is so dang cheap right now, there's no real reason not to go with 2 GB of DDR2 800 RAM. Heck, the best RAM out there (G Skill HZs, with the black heatspreaders) is $110 shipped on Newegg... Two months ago they were over $300 + Shipping.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k @ 4.7GHz Asus Z97 Pro Gaming EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 @ 2050 MHz 32GB G Skill Sniper DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel 600p m.2 512GB Crucial M500 SSD 960GB Toshiba X300 HDD 3TB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Nepton 240m Windows 10 Pro Samsung 34" Curved Ultrawide (3440x1440) Samsung 22" Portrait (1080x1920) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Poker II Cherry MX Brown, KBParadise V80 Cherry... EVGA G2 650W Cooler Master Silencio 652s Steelseries Sensei Wireless 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Tekmat SIG 556 SMSL Q5 Pro DAC Bowers & Wilkins DM601 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k @ 4.7GHz Asus Z97 Pro Gaming EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 @ 2050 MHz 32GB G Skill Sniper DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel 600p m.2 512GB Crucial M500 SSD 960GB Toshiba X300 HDD 3TB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Nepton 240m Windows 10 Pro Samsung 34" Curved Ultrawide (3440x1440) Samsung 22" Portrait (1080x1920) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Poker II Cherry MX Brown, KBParadise V80 Cherry... EVGA G2 650W Cooler Master Silencio 652s Steelseries Sensei Wireless 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Tekmat SIG 556 SMSL Q5 Pro DAC Bowers & Wilkins DM601 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayers View Post
iam going for the WD

[if digikid says theat he has experience and they are giving some people problems i think we should hear what he has to say instead of flaming him....he woulnd talk just to talk...you guys need to be more receptive about things...just because your HDDs are great it doenst mean that they are all that way...
WD are great hard drives, i'm just saying my barracudas are great and perform better.

He's been asked more than once for a link/source for his claims and has provided nothing
post #57 of 63
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pow3rtr1p View Post
Not sure if you've changed your plan yet, but I would recommend DDR2 800 RAM. RAM is so dang cheap right now, there's no real reason not to go with 2 GB of DDR2 800 RAM. Heck, the best RAM out there (G Skill HZs, with the black heatspreaders) is $110 shipped on Newegg... Two months ago they were over $300 + Shipping.
no because here in portugal 2 GB 667 its about $95 and 2gb 800 its $225...so that realy isent an option :S
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2100 ASUS P8H61-M LX3 Plus ATI Sapphire HD 5750 vapor-x 1x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue DVD+-RW DL I had around, util i buy a BR-Drive Everything stock Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Philips 190S5FG LG W2243S-PF Logitech Classic 200 Corsair CX 430 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NOX Zen Trust silverstone 1600DPI wired 1€ at local store xD Logitech S220 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2100 ASUS P8H61-M LX3 Plus ATI Sapphire HD 5750 vapor-x 1x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue DVD+-RW DL I had around, util i buy a BR-Drive Everything stock Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Philips 190S5FG LG W2243S-PF Logitech Classic 200 Corsair CX 430 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NOX Zen Trust silverstone 1600DPI wired 1€ at local store xD Logitech S220 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digikid View Post
I work at a computer store and this has been my experience. Forum posts complaining about these drives and phone calls to Seagate confirm the issues...yret the still sell the crappy drives.

You want proof FIND IT YOURSELF. WD is still the best regardless of what you say. Their performance is close to a Raptors performance and they ARE more reliable and cooler running and better then Seagate. Nothing yuo say can convice me otherwise. To me...EXPERIENCE is the only thing that matters....not PAID reviews and such.

Sorry but I only speak the truth.
Don't belittle people. You obviously haven't been reading the posts where people are completely happy with the Seagate hard drives they own.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel e6420 Asus p5n32e-sli 8800 gts 320mb 2gb gskill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320gb Seagate 7200.10 Lite-on DVD/cd combo Vista Home Premium 32 bit Samsung 206bw 
PowerCase
PCPC 610 EPS12v Thermaltake Armor 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel e6420 Asus p5n32e-sli 8800 gts 320mb 2gb gskill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320gb Seagate 7200.10 Lite-on DVD/cd combo Vista Home Premium 32 bit Samsung 206bw 
PowerCase
PCPC 610 EPS12v Thermaltake Armor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 63
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbok View Post
Don't belittle people. You obviously haven't been reading the posts where people are completely happy with the Seagate hard drives they own.
yeah i have....look at what i said 3 posts up
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2100 ASUS P8H61-M LX3 Plus ATI Sapphire HD 5750 vapor-x 1x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue DVD+-RW DL I had around, util i buy a BR-Drive Everything stock Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Philips 190S5FG LG W2243S-PF Logitech Classic 200 Corsair CX 430 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NOX Zen Trust silverstone 1600DPI wired 1€ at local store xD Logitech S220 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 2100 ASUS P8H61-M LX3 Plus ATI Sapphire HD 5750 vapor-x 1x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue DVD+-RW DL I had around, util i buy a BR-Drive Everything stock Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Philips 190S5FG LG W2243S-PF Logitech Classic 200 Corsair CX 430 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NOX Zen Trust silverstone 1600DPI wired 1€ at local store xD Logitech S220 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayers View Post
yeah i have....look at what i said 3 posts up
Did you look at who I was quoting? I wasn't talking to you. Good luck with your build It doesn't look bad to me.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel e6420 Asus p5n32e-sli 8800 gts 320mb 2gb gskill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320gb Seagate 7200.10 Lite-on DVD/cd combo Vista Home Premium 32 bit Samsung 206bw 
PowerCase
PCPC 610 EPS12v Thermaltake Armor 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel e6420 Asus p5n32e-sli 8800 gts 320mb 2gb gskill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320gb Seagate 7200.10 Lite-on DVD/cd combo Vista Home Premium 32 bit Samsung 206bw 
PowerCase
PCPC 610 EPS12v Thermaltake Armor 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › do you aprove my new pc?