Overclock.net banner

Super*OC!!

539 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  totalz 
#1 ·
Is it possible for GPU to oc even higher after full loading for a few hours!?

After I installed an 80mm coolerMaster case fan on my 8600 GT Silent-pipe II. I was trying to oc in Vista x64 with 158.43/158.24 & nTune & atitool. Surprised, I was able to push it to oc as hight as core 860 & mem 1000 after about 3 hours of stable test (78C)!! Consider the orginal core 600 & mem 720, that's a bit crazy. Then I restarted my pc for installing atitool2.7, but i couldn't even oc through core 640 & mem 860!!

Does GPU need to warm up for superOC?

I know it doesn't make sense, cause it's usually can or can't for ocing a hardware!!

#2 ·
You list two drivers.. which one? Why are you using ntune AND ati tool to overclock? How are you judging what is stable? The ATI artifact scanner? I would just stick to one program for OCing and one driver for that manner lol (unless that's the name of the driver.. not familiar with vista).

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by GaarBear
View Post

You list two drivers.. which one? Why are you using ntune AND ati tool to overclock? How are you judging what is stable? The ATI artifact scanner? I would just stick to one program for OCing and one driver for that manner lol (unless that's the name of the driver.. not familiar with vista).

Which driver, i think it's 158.43!! Does it really matter? I hope not. I think i would use the lattest to oc, as 158.24 was not accessible through normal driver selection on nvida site anymore. I did not know the command "bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON" at that stage, so I have to use nTune to oc and atitool to test stability.

yeah, lol, sounds like you suggest to oc all over again after the driver is changed, what a harsh world!! But as I said, the system environment was only changed by updating atitool 0.26 to 0.27!! And of course, I did try other drivers afterward to see if i can get anywhere. That's why I cannot exactly say which driver i used. And u think one driver would let me have about 40% oc, but another only 5%!??

#5 ·
Read my post above - it happens often.

Or you could totally ignore me and think you've got an uber card when really you don't. As I said it's just an ATI tool "quirk" that sometimes the 3dclock only changes to the low power clocks not the normal 3d clock speeds which is what you are changing in most cases.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenman
View Post

Read my post above - it happens often.

Or you could totally ignore me and think you've got an uber card when really you don't. As I said it's just an ATI tool "quirk" that sometimes the 3dclock only changes to the low power clocks not the normal 3d clock speeds which is what you are changing in most cases.

sorry mate, didn't ignore your post... just couldn't understand, cause you can change the 2d, 3d low, and 3d perf separately with atitool. And that's why I used nTune instead to change clock!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.