Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › PS3 is toast Bank Of America says...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PS3 is toast Bank Of America says... - Page 14  

post #131 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMikeTheMike View Post
Did you really just say that??? There is no bigger 360 fanboy than you on OCN. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I don't care, but you're totally the kettle calling the pot black there.
lol...too bad I play my PS2 more than my 360. No one really bashes the PS2 though so I dont have to defend it. But I think Sony screwed up with the PS3just like ATI did with the R600.

Quote:
The Wii is fun, but the grpahics are soooooooo terrible. So 1999ish. After playing 360 and PS3 games, then playing Zelda...it's hard for me to fully enjoy it just because the visuals are so crappy.
Im just amazed that Twilight Princess even looks that good on Gamecube...never seen it on Wii but I think it looks the same.
Very nice!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E6600 Asus P5N32-E SLI EVGA 8800GTX 2 x 1GB GSkill HZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x WD Caviar SE16 250GB Sony NEC Optiarc 18x SATA DVD Windows XP Pro Gateway FPD2485W 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 PC P&C Silencer 610W Thermaltake Tsunami Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Very nice!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E6600 Asus P5N32-E SLI EVGA 8800GTX 2 x 1GB GSkill HZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x WD Caviar SE16 250GB Sony NEC Optiarc 18x SATA DVD Windows XP Pro Gateway FPD2485W 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 PC P&C Silencer 610W Thermaltake Tsunami Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
post #132 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMikeTheMike View Post
As far as I'm concerned, the latest PS3 firmware update officially made the PS3 better than the 360 in terms of functionality. Everything the 360 does, the PS3 does better. Anyone will tell you that.
Yet another example of someone blindly believing that their opinion equals fact. No, not everyone will say the PS3 now has more functionality than a 360 just because of the recent firmware update.
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
post #133 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenut View Post
Yet another example of someone blindly believing that their opinion equals fact. No, not everyone will say the PS3 now has more functionality than a 360 just because of the recent firmware update.
Yet another example of someone entering a discussion that probably has no concept of what the latest PS3 firmware update even included. It DOES have more functionality now than the 360. That's not opinion, it's a fact...sorry Jack.
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
post #134 of 148
You've just proven my point despite the fact that I'm sure you don't see it.

You see what I'm typing right? It's called text and there are such things as changelogs. So it's not difficult to read a list of update features now available with the new firmware. And *gasp* play on PS3s that people I know own.
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
post #135 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenut View Post
You've just proven my point despite the fact that I'm sure you don't see it.

You see what I'm typing right? It's called text and there are such things as changelogs. So it's not difficult to read a list of update features now available with the new firmware. And *gasp* play on PS3s that people I know own.
I see your point just fine. And it's this - you don't own a PS3, and I'm guessing no console at all. Therefore your opinion on the matter is even more moot than mine. You obviously are not aware of what these console can do, so keep your stupid comments to yourself.
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
post #136 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMikeTheMike View Post
I see your point just fine. And it's this - you don't own a PS3, and I'm guessing no console at all. Therefore your opinion on the matter is even more moot than mine. You obviously are not aware of what these console can do, so keep your stupid comments to yourself.
Yeah, I linked my Xbox Live gamertag in my signature, created an Xbox Live Gamertag Index and talk about various 360 games in the Xbox section all because I don't own any consoles, least of all a 360.

In case you don't understand the sarcasm there, yes, I do own a 360. And like I said, I can read a changelog and see every single feature that is available to the PS3. Not to mention play on various PS3s owned by people I know.

I'm always amused when people try to argue their point of view by saying oh well you don't know because you don't own "product x." Right, as if I can't read up on it and do some research. Or holy crap, utilize the product in a store, at a friend's house, etc.

You going around calling people stupid simply because don't agree with you and/ or don't share your obvious bias shows just how ignorant you really are.

If you enjoy your PS3 so much, go have fun with it. Everyone has a bias. Your superiority complex isn't going to resolve itself if you just keep going around saying "hey since I prefer x over y, that means it's better and anyone who disagrees is stupid."

You're doing nothing but senselessly bashing another product. Do you not see what's wrong with what you're posting? Not to mention how hostile you're getting for no real reason? Stop being so petty. Seriously, what has happened to the userbase at OCN? Arguing for the sake of arguing nowadays.
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
post #137 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMikeTheMike View Post
Yet another example of someone entering a discussion that probably has no concept of what the latest PS3 firmware update even included. It DOES have more functionality now than the 360. That's not opinion, it's a fact...sorry Jack.
It has more functionality...that's for damn sure. Would I use 90% of it?


NO!


The problem with the PS3 is that it has a lot of cool stuff. If someone gave me one I would be freaking happy. But there is no reason for normal people to go out and spend 600 dollars for somthing that just has cool stuff.

The majority of people who buy consoles buy them for GAMES and GAMES alone. I don't give if I can go order a movie and watch it in my little digital world on my PS3...especially when it costs money.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMikeTheMike View Post
I see your point just fine. And it's this - you don't own a PS3, and I'm guessing no console at all. Therefore your opinion on the matter is even more moot than mine. You obviously are not aware of what these console can do, so keep your stupid comments to yourself.
And just like thenut said, this is a very flawed argument. I have two close friends that both own PS3s. One of them just wanted one because his parents have the extra money and they didn't mind buying it for him. The other is the biggest Sony fanboy I have ever seen. I have played every console and I do enjoy playing the PS3, but not nearly as much as my 360 or Wii, and all three are severly behind my PC.

You don't have to own somthing to know a lot about it. Hell, I know a lot about Disneyland and I sure the heck don't own that. Stop using the ambiguous argument and get somthing a little more solid under your belt.

EDIT: BTW, the Sony fanboy fan now admits to my face that the PS3 isn't that great. He still loves it, but it's not arguably better then either of the two next-gen consoles.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 @ 3.0 Ghz ASUS P5N32-E SLI eVGA 8800GTS (600/999) Gskill 2gb HZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
150g Raptor+160g storage Some random DVD+RW Windows 7 RC Samsung 226BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse Seasonic 600W SLI TT Armor Logitech MX518 <3 
Mouse Pad
A composition notebook! 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 @ 3.0 Ghz ASUS P5N32-E SLI eVGA 8800GTS (600/999) Gskill 2gb HZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
150g Raptor+160g storage Some random DVD+RW Windows 7 RC Samsung 226BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse Seasonic 600W SLI TT Armor Logitech MX518 <3 
Mouse Pad
A composition notebook! 
  hide details  
post #138 of 148
Dude this thread makes me

Oh well, I still continue to enjoy my roomates 360 lol...
Boostin'
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6400 @ 3.2 P5K Deluxe XFX 4850 (stock) 2gb G.skill HZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 250gb lite on dvdrw/LG dvd XP 32 Media Center Samsung 206BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair hx620 Thermaltake Armor G5 
  hide details  
Boostin'
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6400 @ 3.2 P5K Deluxe XFX 4850 (stock) 2gb G.skill HZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 250gb lite on dvdrw/LG dvd XP 32 Media Center Samsung 206BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair hx620 Thermaltake Armor G5 
  hide details  
post #139 of 148
Exactly. This thread has gone from off topic to way off topic to downright rude.

We don't agree, obviously, and won't. That's fine. We each have our preference but going around and saying another's choice is wrong and blatantly insulting them as stupid just because our opinions differ? Right, that's really mature and productive.

I don't care that we disagree, that's a good thing. But the wrongful bashing needs to stop.
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
post #140 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenut View Post
Yeah, I linked my Xbox Live gamertag in my signature, created an Xbox Live Gamertag Index and talk about various 360 games in the Xbox section all because I don't own any consoles, least of all a 360.

In case you don't understand the sarcasm there, yes, I do own a 360. And like I said, I can read a changelog and see every single feature that is available to the PS3. Not to mention play on various PS3s owned by people I know.

I'm always amused when people try to argue their point of view by saying oh well you don't know because you don't own "product x." Right, as if I can't read up on it and do some research. Or holy crap, utilize the product in a store, at a friend's house, etc.

You going around calling people stupid simply because don't agree with you and/ or don't share your obvious bias shows just how ignorant you really are.

If you enjoy your PS3 so much, go have fun with it. Everyone has a bias. Your superiority complex isn't going to resolve itself if you just keep going around saying "hey since I prefer x over y, that means it's better and anyone who disagrees is stupid."

You're doing nothing but senselessly bashing another product. Do you not see what's wrong with what you're posting? Not to mention how hostile you're getting for no real reason? Stop being so petty. Seriously, what has happened to the userbase at OCN? Arguing for the sake of arguing nowadays.
Ohh right I called you stupid? Maybe you need to learn how to read and not me. I said your comment was stupid, and it was. And maybe you think all those reps mean something like your opinion is Holy or better than everyone elses...but I got news for you, it's not. And I know you like to flaunt that around because you do it all the time, as is evident by your last comment.



Playing a console at a friends house is like playing it in WalMart. You're not going through and using half of it. And it's no wonder youre vehemently defending the 360, you own one. Youre the typical fanboy. It all makes sense now. I stated the PS3 has more functionality and you jump on that like the quintessential fanboy.

I've said this a million time on this site - User Experience means more to me than anything I can read on the internet. If I want a technical answer on something, I'll go to Google. If I want user experience on a monitor, a video card, console, etc, I come here. So where am I going with this?? -->

You have no real experience on the PS3. Therefore your opinion on the matter is totally meaningless. It's like me saying AMD sucks when I've never even used one. Therefore your comments will never be anything less than subjective. So take that for what it's worth, but it's fanboys like you that are part of the problem here, and certainly not the solution.
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › PS3 is toast Bank Of America says...