Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › RANT: Evga RMA support
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RANT: Evga RMA support

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I just want to throw this rant out there.

I've had to RMA both my eVGA cards twice since i've gotten them. Each time it was horrible support from eVGA.

First time RMA, I was getting BSOD after BSOD caused by the cards, RMAed them and it was fixed. It took 2 weeks (+ overnight shipping) to get my cards, when they told me it would take 2 days for me to recieve my new cards. (I paid for overnight crosshiping which isnt cheap.)

Now 1 month later with my new cards I was seeing 100C after playing a game for a hour and artifacting (I never overclocked them). Applied AS5 to them and it didn't fix the temps.

Sent in my RMAs again, and once again paid for crosshiping. Said my cards would be shipped out in 2 days AGAIN. Well its been 3 days so I called them. They asked me if I got a email asking for my credit card number because they need it to crosship the cards (My CC# is listed in the RMAs..). I never got this email, and the guy said "This is the second time today this has happened, I will make sure you get the email within 30 minutes." (Its now been 5 hours)

So.. I called back. On hold for 2 hours, then I got disconnected from hold. Called again, they are closed and the 24/7 hour support doesn't even answer my call. It rings and rings and rings!

What is this? I spent around $60 to get my cards overnighted and crosshipped each time and both times there has been a hold up on their end.

I'm happy the will replace my cards, but jeeze.

I just needed to vent.
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 11
should've gone with BFG.

All I had to do was call, on hold for 30 min, they sent the email within 10 minutes of the call. It comes with everything needed to send the card. 3 day shipping from the US to Canada...thats damn good. BFG FTW!
me setup
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD X2 4600 MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum BFG 7950GT OC 256mb 2x1 gb OCZ Performance DDR400 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 80 GB, Maxtor 300 Windows XP Profession SP2 Acer 19', Proview 15' LCD G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ GameXtreme 600W Thermaltake Soprano Logitech MX518 SteelPad 5L 
  hide details  
Reply
me setup
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD X2 4600 MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum BFG 7950GT OC 256mb 2x1 gb OCZ Performance DDR400 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 80 GB, Maxtor 300 Windows XP Profession SP2 Acer 19', Proview 15' LCD G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ GameXtreme 600W Thermaltake Soprano Logitech MX518 SteelPad 5L 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post
I just want to throw this rant out there.

I've had to RMA both my eVGA cards twice since i've gotten them. Each time it was horrible support from eVGA.

First time RMA, I was getting BSOD after BSOD caused by the cards, RMAed them and it was fixed. It took 2 weeks (+ overnight shipping) to get my cards, when they told me it would take 2 days for me to recieve my new cards. (I paid for overnight crosshiping which isnt cheap.)

Now 1 month later with my new cards I was seeing 100C after playing a game for a hour and artifacting (I never overclocked them). Applied AS5 to them and it didn't fix the temps.

Sent in my RMAs again, and once again paid for crosshiping. Said my cards would be shipped out in 2 days AGAIN. Well its been 3 days so I called them. They asked me if I got a email asking for my credit card number because they need it to crosship the cards (My CC# is listed in the RMAs..). I never got this email, and the guy said "This is the second time today this has happened, I will make sure you get the email within 30 minutes." (Its now been 5 hours)

So.. I called back. On hold for 2 hours, then I got disconnected from hold. Called again, they are closed and the 24/7 hour support doesn't even answer my call. It rings and rings and rings!

What is this? I spent around $60 to get my cards overnighted and crosshipped each time and both times there has been a hold up on their end.

I'm happy the will replace my cards, but jeeze.

I just needed to vent.

Post a message at http://evga.com/community/messageboard/defaultmb.asp

I will foward the message and get someone to resolve your issue.
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 11
When I had to RMA my 7900GT, it took a while, but that's because one particular CS Rep was a major pain in the ass. After asking to speak to his manager and explaining the situation, I got a new card overnighted to me the next day. And they waived my shipping charges for taking longer than promised.
post #5 of 11
>.> overnight it? too expensive for me... everything went fine for me .
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII 965(140w) Biostar TA890FXE asus 6950 shader+voltmod 8 gigs, kingston hyper x 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 1tb f3's and a 1.5 backup. Lightscribe LG Thermaltake FRIO windows 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
32inch lg g15 650w PCnCooling rocket fiiiash 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G9 king diamond pad or rocketfish Asus d2x 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII 965(140w) Biostar TA890FXE asus 6950 shader+voltmod 8 gigs, kingston hyper x 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 1tb f3's and a 1.5 backup. Lightscribe LG Thermaltake FRIO windows 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
32inch lg g15 650w PCnCooling rocket fiiiash 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G9 king diamond pad or rocketfish Asus d2x 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 11
I'm guessing it just depends on the CS Rep at the time...Why didn't you just return them to the store you bought them? aren't they legally obliged to give you a refund or replacement? I'm from Ireland, so I'm not brushed up on the american sales acts Or did you get them off the back of a truck??? jk
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityKill3r View Post
I'm guessing it just depends on the CS Rep at the time...Why didn't you just return them to the store you bought them? aren't they legally obliged to give you a refund or replacement? I'm from Ireland, so I'm not brushed up on the american sales acts Or did you get them off the back of a truck??? jk
Most retailers have a 30 day warranty, and after that, you've got to go through the main company.
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Post a message at http://evga.com/community/messageboard/defaultmb.asp

I will foward the message and get someone to resolve your issue.
On the phone with them right now, so hopefully it gets resolved, if not i'll post there.
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post
On the phone with them right now, so hopefully it gets resolved, if not i'll post there.
So what was the outcome?
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
So what was the outcome?
They updated the RMAs to approved and added a option in my account to list my CC#s. He said that he will call me back after they open at 9am and the RMA support department is in. To make sure everything is going through.

Should have my replacement cards next week.

For all this hassel, I hope they get the cards shipped out today, hehe.
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
The Leviathan
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7 12GB NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4 3200) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x 1TB Samsung 960 PRO 193TB unRAID Server 3x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 65" LG 65E6P (4K OLED) Ducky DK9008 Shine 3  Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G502 Proteus Sprectrum Denon X7200WA (Receiver) 2x Klipsch RF-7 (Front Speakers) 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
4x Klipsch RS-62 (Surround Speakers) Klipsch RC-64 (Center Speaker) 4x Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Atmos Speakers) 2x SVS PB16-Ultra (Subwoofers) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › RANT: Evga RMA support