Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Do you have a Physx card?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you have a Physx card? - Page 5

Poll Results: Do you haev a physx card?

 
  • 3% (7)
    Yes
  • 96% (170)
    No
177 Total Votes  
post #41 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by USFORCES View Post
Company of heros uses Physics,

Physics and Physx are different things.
post #42 of 83
i see this new stuff as a total waste, its pathetic one "must" spend 700$ for a graphics card, then 2-300 for a physics(?) card, on top of a dual core cpu running at 3000 mghz(X2), just to "play" a game......its all BS.

it used to be a 800 mghz pc with a decent video card (128) med ddr did a decent job! i think programmers have become sloppy, writing crap lose code, expecting the cpu/gpu to pick up the slack.

i mean my commodore 64 played games like beach front for example, with the hardware it had, nicely, back in the day.i see hardware doubling in speed/ ram/ gpu's/cpu's but nothing special coming out of the software end! now the physics card..... when will it ever end?

if i have an e6600 C2D oc'd to 3.5 ghz, why would i need a physics card? and like they say theres no support for them.pretty soon theyll say you NEED 2, 4 GB ddr3 sli'd cards with a 10,000 ghz processor to play that "one" new game coming out! it just amazes me. ;-)
GiNNz!'Z Rig!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @4.02 Ghz Asus P5Q-Turbo BFG GTX 295 OCZ 4GB DDR2 Platinum 800 Mghz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2- WD 1000 gig sata II /750 gig external LG 16X lightscribe Windows 7 3 - 19" Dell LCD's/Matrox Triple head2go 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G-15 Corsair 750 W Cooler Master HAF932 Logicteh Wireless 
Mouse Pad
foam! 
  hide details  
Reply
GiNNz!'Z Rig!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @4.02 Ghz Asus P5Q-Turbo BFG GTX 295 OCZ 4GB DDR2 Platinum 800 Mghz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2- WD 1000 gig sata II /750 gig external LG 16X lightscribe Windows 7 3 - 19" Dell LCD's/Matrox Triple head2go 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G-15 Corsair 750 W Cooler Master HAF932 Logicteh Wireless 
Mouse Pad
foam! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 83
70-0 LMAO

Ban for the first person that has one
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core2Duo E6600 @ 3.6GHz Asus P5N32-e SLI 680i ATI HIS HD2900XT 512Mb GeIL 2GB Ultra PC6400C4 | 4-4-4-12 @ 850MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x 250Gb WD [Raid 0]|400Gb Seagate 7200.10 Sony Sata Dual Layer DVD Writer Windows XP Pro 19" Asus WS (1440x900) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX620W Modular (50A) Thermaltake Armor "Extreme Edition" Razer Copperhead Chaos Green 
Mouse Pad
Icemat Original Clear 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core2Duo E6600 @ 3.6GHz Asus P5N32-e SLI 680i ATI HIS HD2900XT 512Mb GeIL 2GB Ultra PC6400C4 | 4-4-4-12 @ 850MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x 250Gb WD [Raid 0]|400Gb Seagate 7200.10 Sony Sata Dual Layer DVD Writer Windows XP Pro 19" Asus WS (1440x900) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX620W Modular (50A) Thermaltake Armor "Extreme Edition" Razer Copperhead Chaos Green 
Mouse Pad
Icemat Original Clear 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 83
75-1 !!! GRR! Who has a Physx Card??? I SAY BAN!
lol
Budget Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 640 @ 3GHz Asus M4A785TD-V Evo Sapphire HD5770 1GB 4GB DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
500GB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB WD Caviar Green Samsung B2330 (1920x1080) Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 550W Cooler Master Elite 370 
  hide details  
Reply
Budget Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 640 @ 3GHz Asus M4A785TD-V Evo Sapphire HD5770 1GB 4GB DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
500GB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB WD Caviar Green Samsung B2330 (1920x1080) Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 550W Cooler Master Elite 370 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnz View Post
i see this new stuff as a total waste, its pathetic one "must" spend 700$ for a graphics card, then 2-300 for a physics(?) card, on top of a dual core cpu running at 3000 mghz(X2), just to "play" a game......its all BS.

it used to be a 800 mghz pc with a decent video card (128) med ddr did a decent job! i think programmers have become sloppy, writing crap lose code, expecting the cpu/gpu to pick up the slack.

i mean my commodore 64 played games like beach front for example, with the hardware it had, nicely, back in the day.i see hardware doubling in speed/ ram/ gpu's/cpu's but nothing special coming out of the software end! now the physics card..... when will it ever end?

if i have an e6600 C2D oc'd to 3.5 ghz, why would i need a physics card? and like they say theres no support for them.pretty soon theyll say you NEED 2, 4 GB ddr3 sli'd cards with a 10,000 ghz processor to play that "one" new game coming out! it just amazes me. ;-)
Yeah one reason why the source engine is so good is because it was coded excellently. They have become more lazy.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X2 550@3.9 1.38 volts Gigabyte US2H HD4870 6G of OCZ Platinum XTC DDR2 1000 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Raptor's n Caviar's Windows 7 ultimate X64 HP 24inch 1080p Silverstone 650 
Case
Gigabyte 3D Aurora RAD MOD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X2 550@3.9 1.38 volts Gigabyte US2H HD4870 6G of OCZ Platinum XTC DDR2 1000 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Raptor's n Caviar's Windows 7 ultimate X64 HP 24inch 1080p Silverstone 650 
Case
Gigabyte 3D Aurora RAD MOD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmightyone View Post
Physics and Physx are different things.
What does Physics do?

With DX10, now you see things blowing down the streets papers, garbage and when things explode there's alot more flying parts ect.
Mostly For Gaming
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820K EK cooled ASUS x79 680, EK cooled G.skill 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
512GB 840 Pro  ASUS DVD Burner 3 Loops which consist of 7 Waterblocks, 4 Radia... 8.1pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ZR30w S-IPS 2560x1600 Ɠ19 SILVERSTONE ST 1500W Custom 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Ɠ500 Ɍocketfish SENNHEISER 
  hide details  
Reply
Mostly For Gaming
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820K EK cooled ASUS x79 680, EK cooled G.skill 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
512GB 840 Pro  ASUS DVD Burner 3 Loops which consist of 7 Waterblocks, 4 Radia... 8.1pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ZR30w S-IPS 2560x1600 Ɠ19 SILVERSTONE ST 1500W Custom 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Ɠ500 Ɍocketfish SENNHEISER 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaQ_Ownage View Post
75-1 !!! GRR! Who has a Physx Card??? I SAY BAN!
lol
hahahahaha! ...wasn't me..
Flux
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K GA-P67A-UD7 GTX 580 2 x 2GB Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300 (OS), Velociraptor (storage) Lite-On W7 64-bit Pro Samsung 275T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Black Widow Ult. Silverstone DA750 Lian Li T60 R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Q-Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Flux
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K GA-P67A-UD7 GTX 580 2 x 2GB Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300 (OS), Velociraptor (storage) Lite-On W7 64-bit Pro Samsung 275T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Black Widow Ult. Silverstone DA750 Lian Li T60 R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Q-Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 83
its makes thing go boom,
The Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon XP1500+ Uwave2 eVga 5600XT 256mb PC133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60gb 24x8x24 CD-RW Windows 2000Pro Dell M480 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Black Dell 500W Raidmax Generic Generic Optical 
Mouse Pad
Generic Blue 
  hide details  
Reply
The Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon XP1500+ Uwave2 eVga 5600XT 256mb PC133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60gb 24x8x24 CD-RW Windows 2000Pro Dell M480 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Black Dell 500W Raidmax Generic Generic Optical 
Mouse Pad
Generic Blue 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAVAGE!!! View Post
Yeah one reason why the source engine is so good is because it was coded excellently.
The Pysics in Valve's Source Engine makes use of Havok code for the Pysics. Havok is also used in quite alot of other successful games, such as Oblivion and Company Of Heroes. I really see no need for a dedicated piece of hardware when a CPU can perform the same function with the appropriate codeing.
post #50 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4ct1c47 View Post
The Pysics in Valve's Source Engine makes use of Havok code for the Pysics. Havok is also used in quite alot of other successful games, such as Oblivion and Company Of Heroes. I really see no need for a dedicated piece of hardware when a CPU can perform the same function with the appropriate codeing.
Don't certain ATI cards have built in Havok physics processing?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X2 550@3.9 1.38 volts Gigabyte US2H HD4870 6G of OCZ Platinum XTC DDR2 1000 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Raptor's n Caviar's Windows 7 ultimate X64 HP 24inch 1080p Silverstone 650 
Case
Gigabyte 3D Aurora RAD MOD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X2 550@3.9 1.38 volts Gigabyte US2H HD4870 6G of OCZ Platinum XTC DDR2 1000 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Raptor's n Caviar's Windows 7 ultimate X64 HP 24inch 1080p Silverstone 650 
Case
Gigabyte 3D Aurora RAD MOD 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Do you have a Physx card?