Overclock.net banner

Morrowind/Vista?

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Mjolnir 
#1 ·
Has anybody played Morrowind in Vista Ultimate 64bit? I want to get it but don't know if it will work in Vista. Will it work?
Thanks

#6 ·
I hate to NECRO THREAD! but I had a really frustrating problem trying to get this GD game to run on Vista 64-bit Ultimate and after a couple hours finally got it working, so in case anyone goes searching with the same problem and stumbles here, they'll see my solution and maybe it will work.

Well, Morrowind worked fine but once I installed Tribunal and Bloodmoon it would say "wheat ID = wrong size" etc. etc. (I'm just paraphrasing, I don't remember exact wording)

Anyway, I ended up copying over the data files manually to the Morrowind directory, that didn't work, so I just installed both Tribunal and Bloodmoon (in that order) and all of a sudden it was fine. Don't know if you had to copy over Data folder AND reinstall (without uninstalling first, b/c that doesn't work) or just reinstall. Hope it helps someone.

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radeon915
View Post

I believe you actually have to install them in that order or it won't work on any pc
I remember having a similar problem waaay back on my old xp computer..

Oh, you DO have to install in that order. The thing is, I had to install the last two expansions TWICE. I know for a fact that I installed them in the right order the first time, as I did it twice and reinstalled vista.

#9 ·
I NEED UBER HELP ive tried everything so far in this forum and in other websites and ive also emailed elderscrolls (still no reply) and i still cant get morrowind to play.

i have windows vista 64 bit and when i click play it says somthing about not loading snow:mesh

i dont know but please help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.