Originally Posted by nitteo
So here is what I can surmise:
1) CPU @ stock 2.66 is a SEVERE BOTTLENECK, OC to 3.2+
2) current PSU is sufficient
3) current RAM is sufficient
4) more than likely drivers is the problem.
So when I get home tonight, this is my to do list:
1) Un-Install Nvidia Drivers
2) Un-Install 2nd Ultra or (B)
2) Use driver cleaner
3) Install 158.45 then shutdown
4) Remove Ultra (A), install Ultra (B)
5) Reinstall 158.45 then shutdown
6) Reinstall Ultra A now as 2nd Ultra. Attached bridge.
7) Enable SLI in Nvidia Control.
8) Bench with QX6700 @ at least 3.2 and cross fingers.
To get anywhere near
17k or higher you will need bare minimum
on your quad 3.5ghz
SLI cards @ Minimum of 645mhz Core
Quads on 3dmark06 only beat 6600's etc by getting a chunky cpu score.
The higher overclocked cpus i.e a 6600 @3.9 causes the 8800's to fly and score high.
So you need your quad running as high as possible.
My 6600 scores better overall and the only reason my Quad beats in in the grand total is because of the large cpu test score the quad gets.
The earlier 3dmarks duo cores better.