Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › C2D Upgrade Advice Needed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

C2D Upgrade Advice Needed - Page 2

post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasgul View Post
Huge misconception? Perhaps you still don't know what you're talking about (though I know you don't, obviously).

But with an E6600, 3.60ghz it's easy to achieve, here, enjoy:

__________, Link: 3DM'06__________



Please refer to this post: http://www.overclock.net/2273215-post82.html

So, what would you call that on air? A misconception to be an assumption that's not really a case?........I wouldn't say it.
People at Xtremesystems.org know a lot more than you'll ever pretend to know, but keep running around on the forum pretending to be the end-all of Intel over-clocking knowledge. I'll take what I know from EXPERTS and believe it.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=140701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremesystems.org
E6600 L636A229:

3.5GHz @ 1.413V ORTHOS 10h+ @ 52ºC.
3.6GHz @ 1.47V ORTHOS 8h+ @ 58ºC.
Watercooling.

vCore measured with DMM.
That's 58c on water at 3.6GHZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremesystems.org
L632A896

lapped

watercooled

9x333 = 3000MHz @ 1.216v (1.200 with droop)

dual prime95 48 hours stable

Idle temps 29 cpu / 42 both cores
full load 39 cpu / 49 both cores

Could not get to 3600MHz even with 1.46 volts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremesystems.org
Yah, got a L629F which I purchased 2weeks ago will only do 3.45ghz at bios vcore 1.55v. This is the oldest batch that I can find and it still turns out bad.
The rest are batches starting with 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremesystems.org
week 37A

max stable is 3.5Ghz (1.42v real),can't get 3.6g stable at all

bad bad bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremesystems.org
With dry ice this *expletive* did only 4.3GHz no matter what voltage I used.

No wonder why prices are dropping in this month
There's almost a 50% report of people being able to hit 3.5GHZ on air and everyone else on air is only stable up to 3.2-3.3 and after that they need massive voltage to increase the frequencies any further.

What are you gonna do if the OP buys a 6600 and gets a 640F week E6600? Are you gonna refund the OP the $226 he wasted hoping to get a 3.6GHZ stable chip on air?

Maybe you didn't get the memo, note, post, newsletter or maybe you just choose to deny it for the sake of strengthening your biased arguments to other posters, but I'll refresh your memory:

Not All Chips are the Same, Newer Chips have Newer Batch/Steppings/IHS surfaces. Some OC better, some OC worse, but any results you get from older batches are no longer Valid in the judgment of what a Newer Chip can accomplish.

If you can get a 29 week, you can hit 3.6 stable with as little as 1.35 voltages. The older E6600's were awesome. Now? Intel is using any higher binned E6600 cores for the Q6600 and Xeon 3060's because they're server grade and the Q6600 is quad core and needs better binned cores to operate well.

Not even Q6600's are perfect either. A lot of people with Q6600's have strangely different load temps on their Core 0/1 than their Core2/3. The only feasible reason for that is that the hotter cores are from worse E6600 batches.
Reaper 1.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
*TBD ASRock 775Dual-VSTA *TBD* *TBD* 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD 40GB 7200SATA / 80G Maxtor IDE 18x CDRW Windows XP SP2 / Fedora 64 / Vista 64 *TBD* 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master RC-330 Elite Microsoft Intellimouse USB 
  hide details  
Reply
Reaper 1.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
*TBD ASRock 775Dual-VSTA *TBD* *TBD* 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD 40GB 7200SATA / 80G Maxtor IDE 18x CDRW Windows XP SP2 / Fedora 64 / Vista 64 *TBD* 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master RC-330 Elite Microsoft Intellimouse USB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessMC View Post
If you can get a 29 week, you can hit 3.6 stable
Again, you don't know, just because you read, yet again you have no experience nor clue.

I'll give you, yet another example and to tell you yet again that you have no clue unfortunately, the first 3 cases can hit 3.60ghz easy:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...55&postcount=6
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...4&postcount=22
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...8&postcount=28

Now, I'll teach you why: one simple answer, they are using Intel Core Logics. It's not the batch or stepping or week of the CPU......it's the MoBo/Chipset

But when you choose poorly (same as choosing a lame VIA chipset), of course you'll never hit 3.60ghz, enter a non-Intel chispet!: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...6&postcount=40

And what kind of ridiculous statement is that, "IF" you can't get a week 29, you can't hit 3.60ghz stable?

Mine is a week 24 FYI, here look at the attachment:


Funny that you think (wrong again) that Q6600 run hotter because they are not good batches.......not the case.
Maybe you'll understand, but when you have 4 heaters running at the same time, the room would get hotter but when you turn off 2 out of the 4, the room will not be as hot as it was with 4.

The CPU itself has the same size whereas two die size are at, therefore the heat generated from 4 cores (where two were once) in that same space will be higher.
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasgul View Post
Again, you don't know, just because you read, yet again you have no experience nor clue.

I'll give you, yet another example and to tell you yet again that you have no clue unfortunately, the first 3 cases can hit 3.60ghz easy:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...55&postcount=6
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...4&postcount=22
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...8&postcount=28

Now, I'll teach you why: one simple answer, they are using Intel Core Logics. It's not the batch or stepping or week of the CPU......it's the MoBo/Chipset

But when you choose poorly (same as choosing a lame VIA chipset), of course you'll never hit 3.60ghz, enter a non-Intel chispet!: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...6&postcount=40

And what kind of ridiculous statement is that, "IF" you can't get a week 29, you can't hit 3.60ghz stable?

Mine is a week 24 FYI, here look at the attachment:


Funny that you think (wrong again) that Q6600 run hotter because they are not good batches.......not the case.
Maybe you'll understand, but when you have 4 heaters running at the same time, the room would get hotter but when you turn off 2 out of the 4, the room will not be as hot as it was with 4.

The CPU itself has the same size whereas two die size are at, therefore the heat generated from 4 cores (where two were once) in that same space will be higher.
You have an even EARLIER week than the ones I listed, which even FURTHER demonstrates that you have no intention of researching what you say before you post ignorant information.

This is just like when you ran around trashing Micron D9's, claiming the HK set from G.Skill is just as good. Almost and the same are two completely different words, you should re-take some English classes and learn about it.

Oh and let's analyze your so-called first three examples-

First one- 3.8GHZ at 1.6 voltage on WATER with 51C load. If you want to run 1.6 voltage on your $200-300 CPU that's fine, I guess you have money to throw away in the garbage every 4-6 months, but me and most other people like their processors to last a long time, and anything higher than 1.45 voltage in a Core 2 Duo is really testing the limits of tolerance. And how does a WATER COOLED sample have ANY bearing on what someone is going to be doing on AIR? You show me someone who has a Core 2 Duo on 1.6 voltage on air, and I'll show you someone who doesn't know how to take care of their system.

Second example, oh what do you know, another WATERCOOLING example. People are hitting 3.7GHZ stable on water cooling with 6420's, so gain, where's the justification in getting the 6600? I also fail to see how yet another water-cooled example has any baring on what you can do with an E6600 and AIR.

Third example, wow you're starting to get predictable. ANOTHER water cooled E6600, check his sig. Not even just water cooled, he's on the best CPU block out there with the best passive radiator too.

But sure, blame the chip sets. Funny how I never see people going around ADDING to their "lolz dood get an e6600 and hit 3.6 on air" recommendation that you should avoid particular chipsets. Is there some memo I missed where when you recommend a PROCESSOR, the person asking for advice is to IMMEDIATELY assume you don't use Intel chipsets?
Reaper 1.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
*TBD ASRock 775Dual-VSTA *TBD* *TBD* 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD 40GB 7200SATA / 80G Maxtor IDE 18x CDRW Windows XP SP2 / Fedora 64 / Vista 64 *TBD* 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master RC-330 Elite Microsoft Intellimouse USB 
  hide details  
Reply
Reaper 1.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
*TBD ASRock 775Dual-VSTA *TBD* *TBD* 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD 40GB 7200SATA / 80G Maxtor IDE 18x CDRW Windows XP SP2 / Fedora 64 / Vista 64 *TBD* 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master RC-330 Elite Microsoft Intellimouse USB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 16
But you still miss the part where when using a non Intel core logic, you won't reach those speeds, not even with water.

I have an earlier week, which it was assumed that they weren't good, yet it's just as good and you came up with the statement: If you can get a 29 week, you can hit 3.6 stable......well I did and so have others with no matter what, just an E6600 and a P965 or 975X or P35.

There are a lot of us here that have hit 3.60ghz on air with an E6600, something you didn't know but it's feasible, and very.

And sure it's the chispet that's not capable of handling such high FSB, you will learn with your VIA and you'll regret it, just like everyone else that has had and have a VIA for any Intel CPU ever. Mark my words. You will regret it.

That's why those that know best, don't buy nForce based motherboards for our E6600s. Or any other type of chipset for that matter and that's a fact that we've all come to know sooner or later.



Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessMC View Post
This is just like when you ran around trashing Micron D9's, claiming the HK set from G.Skill is just as good.
Whatever you've been smoking, it makes you hallucinate real bad, I never told anyone not to get D9s because they were trash. Maybe you didn't know this but I do have both kits and just in case FYI, I kept my HZs which have Micron D9s.

Again, don't feel bad because you don't know and are gathering the wrong information. You'll learn.....
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasgul View Post
But you still miss the part where when using a non Intel core logic, you won't reach those speeds, not even with water.

I have an earlier week, which it was assumed that they weren't good, yet it's just as good and you came up with the statement: If you can get a 29 week, you can hit 3.6 stable......well I did and so have others with no matter what, just an E6600 and a P965 or 975X or P35.

There are a lot of us here that have hit 3.60ghz on air with an E6600, something you didn't know but it's feasible, and very.

And sure it's the chispet that's not capable of handling such high FSB, you will learn with your VIA and you'll regret it, just like everyone else that has had and have a VIA for any Intel CPU ever. Mark my words. You will regret it.

That's why those that know best, don't buy nForce based motherboards for our E6600s. Or any other type of chipset for that matter and that's a fact that we've all come to know sooner or later.

Whatever you've been smoking, it makes you hallucinate real bad, I never told anyone not to get D9s because they were trash. Maybe you didn't know this but I do have both kits and just in case FYI, I kept my HZs which have Micron D9s.

Again, don't feel bad because you don't know and are gathering the wrong information. You'll learn.....
What the hell? Who the hell are you? Because I have a VIA on my home system that means I don't get to experiment with other chipsets? Whatever dude, as far as I'm concerned, you proved yourself wrong the second time you posted in this thread, and you continued to every time you posted.

Your week 24 E6600 has absolutely NO contribution to what a week 29, 32, 34 or 40+ week 6600 will do. Go ahead and go on Newegg, order 30 E6600's and tell me how many of them you get will be week 20's. You'll be lucky to get a week 30. Almost everyone ordering a new E6600 is getting L7's and they're NOT touching 3.6 on air. You didn't even show me any posts in the thread I linked that show people with new E6600's stepping on the 3.6 doorstep on air. There's people at 3.4 on Tuniq Towers and Ultra 120's that are hitting 58-60c load and at the wall with 1.5 voltage.

I've worked with the 6600. An ES when they barely hit the market, the B steppings after that and the really good L week 20's. 2 months ago, you could buy an E6600 and hit 3.6 with a $40 cooler. It's not like that anymore and I know that for a FACT.

Can you hit 3.6 on air with a 6600 new? MAYBE and that's what I said in my initial post. It's a misconception that you are "guaranteed" 3.6 on air with a 6600 and people shouldn't run around saying that either. A realistic "guarantee" with a 6600 even with a 965 or 975x or P35 or 680i is going to be 3.2-3.4 on air. Anything beyond that is a crap shoot and FACTS prove that. Facts you HAVEN'T refuted. You keep bringing up my sig rig, cut it out. My sig rig isn't the rig I play with. I benchmark hardware whenever I want. Having a friend with a basically unlimited hardware budget gives me that freedom, but I buy what I need.

If I wanted I could dump $2000 into a system just so I could say, "Hey I know this hardware, look I own it." But I don't need that. I don't need an 8800GTX or a Core 2 Quad. I get to work with that hardware whenever I want so I really don't care.

The bottom line is, you owning a P5W and an E6600 doesn't give you anymore leverage in an argument with me about their overclocking potential. That's especially the case when I'm arguing that later than 29 week E6600's aren't as successful, and you come in trying to argue based on your 24 week. You're a month and one week from having a 6600 that would give you any leverage debating with me.

Go buy a 6600 right now, throw it under your air cooler and show me it hits 3.6, and then at that point you'll have a VALID RESULT to add to the SAMPLES I've already taken, but you'll need 3-5 more 6600's hitting 3.6 on air before you even tip the scale of me believing 6600's are "tried and tested" 3.6 guaranteed on air chips.

My FINAL answer on the E6600 is - It's not worth it. With the money the E6600 costs, you can get an E6420 and a good CPU cooler, and as long as your memory and motherboard are up to the task, 3.2-3.5GHZ is an easy goal to hit, which is about the same headroom you'll get out of a 6600 on air. Even the 6320 would be a good choice, but the extra 1x multiplier on the 6420 contributes to more believable 3.2-3.5 over-clocks. You'd need a 500FSB to hit 3.5 on a 6320, but it's going to take a lot of voltage and loose timings on your memory to hit that kind of speed. With a 6420, you'd only need 425, and that's very manageable with DDR2 800 and a 965P/P35/600i.

If the 6600's out now were the same week as engineering samples and initial retails 2+ months ago, then yes the 6600 is worth it because water can get you to 4.0ghz and decent air is GUARANTEED 3.6GHZ. Right now, it's too much of a gamble. You could get lucky, get a good week, good IHS surface and hit 3.6 on air, but if you get unlucky, you'll be lucky to hit 3.2-3.4 with decent voltages.

Earlier 6600's could hit 3.5 with less than 1.4 voltage. I've even seen 6600's undervolted at 3.2GHZ with earlier weeks, running nice and cool. Right now, with new weeks, I see just as many 6420's at 3.2-3.4 as 6600's, at the same low voltages with the same or LOWER load temperatures.

REMEMBER, I am saying NEW 6600's, not older 6600's, so before you come in here and link your CPU-Z validation and your orthos screenshot and all that, take a look at your batch code and make sure your 6600 is a NEW 6600 and not older than 1.5 months old.

Remember I'm also saying NEW 6600's are hard to hit 3.6 on AIR, not water or phase cooling, so don't come in here with a link to someone on water or phase running 3.8-3.9 or beyond. My first post in this thread was about air and I haven't left that subject yet.
Reaper 1.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
*TBD ASRock 775Dual-VSTA *TBD* *TBD* 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD 40GB 7200SATA / 80G Maxtor IDE 18x CDRW Windows XP SP2 / Fedora 64 / Vista 64 *TBD* 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master RC-330 Elite Microsoft Intellimouse USB 
  hide details  
Reply
Reaper 1.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
*TBD ASRock 775Dual-VSTA *TBD* *TBD* 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD 40GB 7200SATA / 80G Maxtor IDE 18x CDRW Windows XP SP2 / Fedora 64 / Vista 64 *TBD* 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master RC-330 Elite Microsoft Intellimouse USB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 16
Here's the database of E6600 hitting 3.60ghz on air.......yet again you have no clue and yes, VIA is garbage, we all know that, well at least that have used Intel for a long time but for those that "just" started, it's a lesson to be learned when they're going to find out the hard way.

Here, go read and learn what 3.60ghz is on air, regardless of whatever you think it's not possible because yet again, that proves "YOU" wrong, so don't feel bad: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...94&postcount=1

And if you're going to learn, well, there's your chance, XS member that have hit 3.60ghz will teach you as well.

And don't bother to write all that non-sense crap, because I don't bother in reading it......I'm just proving you, yet again, wrong.

3.60ghz with an E6600 is possible, so don't mislead people by saying that "IF they don't get a week 29, they're aren't going to hit 3.60ghz", got it?

BTW, we got a database as well: http://www.overclock.net/2117627-post1.html

I'm sure you didn't know that as well...........learn and you'll see. And don't get so bent out of shape because you're wrong, it's not your fault, just learn.

Here, 3.60ghz on air: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...60&postcount=1

Please, don't mislead people ever again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › C2D Upgrade Advice Needed