Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › A new Build within my budget..please come look
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A new Build within my budget..please come look - Page 4

post #31 of 118
Looks excellent!
post #32 of 118
Something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817256016

750W, single 12V rail of 60A.

Where'd you get 26 from? 26A is WAY too little

Do NOT get an Apevia PSU. They're mediocre at best.

Two rails, one of 24A and one os 22A. Not really *that* powerful either.

Stay away from them is my advice.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 118
Thread Starter 
ok well i forgot the rom but a good dvdrom burner ect prob be 40 dollars with shipping
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ SIS962L ATI X800 XL 512 DDR SDRAM INFINEON 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
80G WINDOWS XP SONY MONITER 17 INCH (not LCD) SONY 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
298 WATT 12v RAIL = 15AMPS SONY VAIO TOWER LOGITECH DINNER PLACE MAT 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ SIS962L ATI X800 XL 512 DDR SDRAM INFINEON 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
80G WINDOWS XP SONY MONITER 17 INCH (not LCD) SONY 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
298 WATT 12v RAIL = 15AMPS SONY VAIO TOWER LOGITECH DINNER PLACE MAT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 118
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozart View Post
Something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817256016

750W, single 12V rail of 60A.

Where'd you get 26 from? 26A is WAY too little

Do NOT get an Apevia PSU. They're mediocre at best.

Two rails, one of 24A and one os 22A. Not really *that* powerful either.

Stay away from them is my advice.

i did a crazy ng search for cheaper 60 amp single rails and i didnt see any for that price thats crazy nice find..this is the one i found and i added to my cart.....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817703005



also chocho you got some bad reviews on that psu...does it have to be 60 for sli? and i dont think that has a sli capable tag on it...i did a power search on the egg and i put sli capable? yes
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ SIS962L ATI X800 XL 512 DDR SDRAM INFINEON 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
80G WINDOWS XP SONY MONITER 17 INCH (not LCD) SONY 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
298 WATT 12v RAIL = 15AMPS SONY VAIO TOWER LOGITECH DINNER PLACE MAT 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ SIS962L ATI X800 XL 512 DDR SDRAM INFINEON 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
80G WINDOWS XP SONY MONITER 17 INCH (not LCD) SONY 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
298 WATT 12v RAIL = 15AMPS SONY VAIO TOWER LOGITECH DINNER PLACE MAT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 118
SLI tags are just marketing gimmicks, and I ignore them always

Also, I don't really pay attention to Newegg 'reviews'

The Silverstone has really good revies (With some minor comments about noise), and is a solid PSU.

The Olympia and Decathlon series are fairly new. Also, Silverstone choose to obtain Crossfire certification rather than SLI certification, and for obvious reasons you cannot get both

Again, nVidia and ATI do nothing more than just look at the specs, and then they say: "yeah, it'll run SLI or Crossfire". The DO NOT actually test the PSUs whether they really can do so.

Any PSU with sufficient currents on the 12V rail can handle SLI.

the 610W PC Power & Cooler silencer CANNOT handle 8800GTX's in SLI (and is NOT certified for that set up... not all SLI certification is the same.. check www.slizone.com). You'll need the 750W PC Power & Cooler Silencer for SLI-ed 8800GTX's, or the silverstone I mentioned earlier.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 118
Hey! You go to ETSU...you are real close!

I advise you to not buy *all* of it from Newegg. Don't get me wrong; Newegg is great, but you will get nailed with our state taxes. I buy the majority of my parts from FrozenCpu, ZipZoomFly, Performance-PCs, etc. If you go with them, you won't be paying so much in taxes. You can find a lot of those items elsewhere for around the same price.

Just my two cents.

Also, only buy trusted quality PSUs. Do not skimp on them, or you might regret it later. Some multi rail PSU are fine (mostly for "older" systems), but I would just get a decent single rail PSU. The one Chozart recomended is a great choice. I have the 650 Watt version, and it is freakin sweet.

Here is a great PSU guide to follow. Very informative if you spend the time to read it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 3700+ Biostar 6100-939 Radeon X300 (2x1GB) G.Skill DDR500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
(2x) Seagate Barracuda ES 250GB perp NEC DVD-DL burner WinXp + #!Linux 37" Westinghouse LVM-37w3 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
cheapo SilverStone OP650 Cheap Cooler Master Logitech Mx500 
Mouse Pad
Bar stool wraped in sheat :D 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 3700+ Biostar 6100-939 Radeon X300 (2x1GB) G.Skill DDR500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
(2x) Seagate Barracuda ES 250GB perp NEC DVD-DL burner WinXp + #!Linux 37" Westinghouse LVM-37w3 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
cheapo SilverStone OP650 Cheap Cooler Master Logitech Mx500 
Mouse Pad
Bar stool wraped in sheat :D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 118
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozart View Post
SLI tags are just marketing gimmicks, and I ignore them always

Also, I don't really pay attention to Newegg 'reviews'

The Silverstone has really good revies (With some minor comments about noise), and is a solid PSU.

The Olympia and Decathlon series are fairly new. Also, Silverstone choose to obtain Crossfire certification rather than SLI certification, and for obvious reasons you cannot get both

Again, nVidia and ATI do nothing more than just look at the specs, and then they say: "yeah, it'll run SLI or Crossfire". The DO NOT actually test the PSUs whether they really can do so.

Any PSU with sufficient currents on the 12V rail can handle SLI.

the 610W PC Power & Cooler silencer CANNOT handle 8800GTX's in SLI (and is NOT certified for that set up... not all SLI certification is the same.. check www.slizone.com). You'll need the 750W PC Power & Cooler Silencer for SLI-ed 8800GTX's, or the silverstone I mentioned earlier.

kk gotcha..i saw a psu for 130 like 20 dollars cheaper than our two we picked out..the silencer and the NOISY grrr 60 amp u picked....the 20 dollar cheaper psu has 4 rails and each are 20 amps..is that gonna be a good one? also ill have to check that out...i really am not in the mood to mess with sli but i love the black mobos and it would match the zally...call me emature but i want to look in the case sometimes and smile. and that asus mobo that i pickd is right for the money and it had sli capabilities so why not?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ SIS962L ATI X800 XL 512 DDR SDRAM INFINEON 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
80G WINDOWS XP SONY MONITER 17 INCH (not LCD) SONY 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
298 WATT 12v RAIL = 15AMPS SONY VAIO TOWER LOGITECH DINNER PLACE MAT 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ SIS962L ATI X800 XL 512 DDR SDRAM INFINEON 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
80G WINDOWS XP SONY MONITER 17 INCH (not LCD) SONY 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
298 WATT 12v RAIL = 15AMPS SONY VAIO TOWER LOGITECH DINNER PLACE MAT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 118
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
Hey! You go to ETSU...you are real close!

I advise you to not buy *all* of it from Newegg. Don't get me wrong; Newegg is great, but you will get nailed with our state taxes. I buy the majority of my parts from FrozenCpu, ZipZoomFly, Performance-PCs, etc. If you go with them, you won't be paying so much in taxes. You can find a lot of those items elsewhere for around the same price.

Just my two cents.

Also, only buy trusted quality PSUs. Do not skimp on them, or you might regret it later. Some multi rail PSU are fine (mostly for "older" systems), but I would just get a decent single rail PSU. The one Chozart recomended is a great choice. I have the 650 Watt version, and it is freakin sweet.

Here is a great PSU guide to follow. Very informative if you spend the time to read it.
ahhhhh! well.....I guess ill check out those sites too..i already did tiger direct and they price raped me.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ SIS962L ATI X800 XL 512 DDR SDRAM INFINEON 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
80G WINDOWS XP SONY MONITER 17 INCH (not LCD) SONY 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
298 WATT 12v RAIL = 15AMPS SONY VAIO TOWER LOGITECH DINNER PLACE MAT 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ SIS962L ATI X800 XL 512 DDR SDRAM INFINEON 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
80G WINDOWS XP SONY MONITER 17 INCH (not LCD) SONY 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
298 WATT 12v RAIL = 15AMPS SONY VAIO TOWER LOGITECH DINNER PLACE MAT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 118
The information I read in this thread about OEM licenses is incorrect. We spent quite some time figuring this out, including phonecalls to Microsoft.

The fact that an MS representative gives you an activation code for an OEM license after a motherboard replacement does NOT make this legal!

The OEM UELA is pretty specific that the license is 'married' to the original PC it's used with. A PC in this regard is basically a motherboard. Replacing the motherboard and continuing to use the license is ONLY legal when the motherboard is replaced under warranty by the same make and model. ANY other situation in which a motherboard is replaced and the OEM license is still used is definately ILLEGAL.

All posts in this regards have been removed, and further posts claiming that the use of OEM keys is acceptable when replacing a motherboard will receive infractions.

Thank you.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 118
Thread Starter 
hey chocho
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ SIS962L ATI X800 XL 512 DDR SDRAM INFINEON 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
80G WINDOWS XP SONY MONITER 17 INCH (not LCD) SONY 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
298 WATT 12v RAIL = 15AMPS SONY VAIO TOWER LOGITECH DINNER PLACE MAT 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ SIS962L ATI X800 XL 512 DDR SDRAM INFINEON 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
80G WINDOWS XP SONY MONITER 17 INCH (not LCD) SONY 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
298 WATT 12v RAIL = 15AMPS SONY VAIO TOWER LOGITECH DINNER PLACE MAT 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › A new Build within my budget..please come look